• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, I get it, there are way too many concidences, plot holes all around, but this scene was just too much for me... Still enjoy the show tho.

I just rewatched that scene, it's an editing thing. The robber is quite far away from them after Wally hits them, it's not three seconds after. Probably just unnecessary running cut for time. Either way, tiniest of nitpicks.

Joni

I get the first point to some degree but he stopped him seconds after the burglary happened. That's just shitty writing, I can't get around that, althogh I should after frous seasons of Arrow and tow seasons of Flash.

He was driving around stopping crime, this was one he happened by while we didn't see everything he did. The police arriving there so fast was a lot more weird. If I'm driving around and see a crime happening, I can stop and help. That is what happened there; it was just happening in the middle of a riot so he didn't need to drive around so long.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So, Barry's running short on parents to watch get killed by evil speedsters. Joe better watch out next season.

I really really really really didn't like them killing off Henry. Not just because of how telegraphed it was, but the fact that so much time has been spent on Barry dealing with his feelings over his father being in jail, then his dad not being around enough, and then when he finally does come around he dies. Also because I'm afraid that they're going to retread over ground that they literally just got done retreading over, Barry getting over the death of a parent. Also they bothered to start setting up something between Henry and Mercury Labs doctor, which is odd if you're just killing the character.

It just felt like a lazy way to get rid of character they don't have room for. Joe fills the father figure role in Barry's life. If Zoom really wanted to make Barry suffer, why not just kill everyone in the room. He has the ability. I'm not even clear on what Zoom does. He just disappears and leave Star Labs alone, which is weird since he knows they're actively trying to stop him. Zoom has just been wringing his hands for the last couple episodes just because. First, they had the excuse that he didn't want to upset Caitlin. Then they just totally dropped that and he isn't doing anything himself just because.

And when did Zoom find out Barry was back? Did I just forget that part from the last episode. Was it when he was watching Barry run around the city in this episode? His reaction is pretty laid back considering he last saw him vaporized.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
To be fair that was probably just some fanservice for those who watched the original Flash show.

Ohhhhh yeah. I completely forgot she was on the original show. I thought it was cute without making that connection. Dude was in jail for 15 years, it was about time for him to get a woman.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ohhhhh yeah. I completely forgot she was on the original show. I thought it was cute without making that connection. Dude was in jail for 15 years, it was about time for him to get a woman.

I mean I assumed when he took off early in the season to "go fishing" I figured he was gonna go cruising for tail. Imagine my surprise when Barry goes to visit him and he's actually fishing.

Magwik

Banned
I really really really really didn't like them killing off Henry. Not just because of how telegraphed it was, but the fact that so much time has been spent on Barry dealing with his feelings over his father being in jail, then his dad not being around enough, and then when he finally does come around he dies. Also because I'm afraid that they're going to retread over ground that they literally just got done retreading over, Barry getting over the death of a parent. Also they bothered to start setting up something between Henry and Mercury Labs doctor, which is odd if you're just killing the character.

It just felt like a lazy way to get rid of character they don't have room for. Joe fills the father figure role in Barry's life. If Zoom really wanted to make Barry suffer, why not just kill everyone in the room. He has the ability. I'm not even clear on what Zoom does. He just disappears and leave Star Labs alone, which is weird since he knows they're actively trying to stop him. Zoom has just been wringing his hands for the last couple episodes just because. First, they had the excuse that he didn't want to upset Caitlin. Then they just totally dropped that and he isn't doing anything himself just because.

And when did Zoom find out Barry was back? Did I just forget that part from the last episode. Was it when he was watching Barry run around the city in this episode? His reaction is pretty laid back considering he last saw him vaporized.
It's a show of power thing for Barry. He took Henry to the one place that would destroy Barry the most. He wants to push Barry and to break him. The dude is a psychopath for a reason.

Briarios

I get the first point to some degree but he stopped him seconds after the burglary happened. That's just shitty writing, I can't get around that, althogh I should after frous seasons of Arrow and tow seasons of Flash.

As he said with Joe, the guy had done multiple crimes, so he went to the area that he was in -- the same way Joe got to him.

There are a ton of things to rag on regarding the plot and writing, this isn't one of them lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
These lazy writers never show anyone taking long, protracted dumps on the toilet, either. It breaks my immersion.

You're telling me that Cisco has never been stuck on the toilet for 20 minutes? Unbelievable.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
These lazy writers never show anyone taking long, protracted dumps on the toilet, either. It breaks my immersion.

You're telling me that Cisco has never been stuck on the toilet for 20 minutes? Unbelievable.

We also never see them sleep. And magnets! How do those work?

Doesn't someone live in Barrys old house

Haha that cougar probably was passed out during the whole encounter.

Yeah, I get it, there are way too many concidences, plot holes all around, but this scene was just too much for me... Still enjoy the show tho.

I thought we stopped nitpicking comic book TV plot holes like 3-4 shows ago

They are wallowing in their creation at this point.

Even the higher quality Netflix shows can't keep things consistently tight. Just have to try and accept it and roll with it

The minute Im no longer entertained though.. Looking at you Arrow

I do want to praise the shows that can keep everything together in a logical loop. Just havent seen it happen for more than a short run though

KonradLaw

Episode felt really lazy. Barry being such a jobber is getting really annoying, same with Flash ignoring the world-changing events happening in Arrow. And Wally...ehhh...

At least the Black Siren was cool. First time Katie Cassidy plaid anything remotely interesting in this universe.

Yeah but best?

Yeah. As a whole it was IMO the best episode Arrow ever had.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Even the higher quality Netflix shows can't keep things consistently tight.

Karen Paige spending months to write her first and only article, followed by her boss walking in drinking whiskey as he asks for her to finish it, during Christmas, remains one of the best scenes on TV due to the subtle time jumps in Daredevil Season 2.

Episode felt really lazy. Barry being such a jobber is getting really annoying, same with Flash ignoring the world-changing events happening in Arrow. And Wally...ehhh...

At least the Black Siren was cool. First time Katie Cassidy plaid anything remotely interesting in this universe.

Yeah. As a whole it was IMO the best episode Arrow ever had.

Isn't Star City like 500-600 miles away? Logically speaking each team is dealing with some heavy s***.

Anyway, this episode's last 5 minutes were delicious. Barry was advised in the last episode this kinda happens and will continue to happen.

Karen Paige spending months to write her first and only article, followed by her boss walking in drinking whiskey as he asks for her to finish it, during Christmas, remains one of the best scenes on TV due to the subtle time jumps in Daredevil Season 2.

I was just broadly referring to criticisms. I believe Netflix has the best Comic TV on the table

Flash isnt bad for network though and probably the peak show in its budget slot

MajorMane

Episode felt really lazy. Barry being such a jobber is getting really annoying, same with Flash ignoring the world-changing events happening in Arrow.

To me, it definitely feels like the shows are not concurrent right now still. (Arrow spoilers for Season 3)
Laurel's funeral shows Barry with his powers back, but that week in Flash, he didn't have them back yet. Obviously they've caught up to at least this point since they recognize that Black Siren is Laurel who's dead. It's possible that Arrow's whole nuke situation hasn't happened on the Flash yet.

We're used to each week in the Flash being the same week as it is in Arrow (i.e. Episode 4 is the same week on both shows), but I'm not entirely sure this is the case.

Time is still wonky.

KonradLaw

I thought we stopped nitpicking comic book TV plot holes like 3-4 shows ago

They are wallowing in their creation at this point.

Even the higher quality Netflix shows can't keep things consistently tight. Just have to try and accept it and roll with it

Heh, I would say that Gotham is the one with least plot holes. It has crazy logic, but it keeps the plot pretty consistent to it. And the fact that they're burning through whole season of arcs in like 6 episodes on average helps a lot. It just moves too fast to create big enough space for many plot holes to start appearing.

morningbus

Gotham in its first season had a plotpoint where Jim and Bullock had to keep the fact that the man they had shot didn't kill the Waynes because otherwise they'd lose their jobs for killing him. The man was in the middle attempting to murder Jim when he was shot and killed.

A police officer. Losing his job for shooting a known felon about to murder a police officer.

That to me is more unbelievable than a man with a suit made of goes-fast.

morningbus

Wait why didn't they close the breach after zoom left.

It appears that Zoom can open breaches himself now after yanking Flash's powers.

Which there is some precedent for, as Barry opened a breach to Supergirl's world accidentally while running.

Johndoey

Banned
Gotham in its first season had a plotpoint where Jim and Bullock had to keep the fact that the man they had shot didn't kill the Waynes because otherwise they'd lose their jobs for killing him. The man was in the middle attempting to murder Jim when he was shot and killed.

A police officer. Losing his job for shooting a known felon about to murder a police officer.

That to me is more unbelievable than a man with a suit made of goes-fast.
The department was corrupt and Gordon wasn't exactly well entrenched.

This was my reaction to everything.

37FUqlr.gif

This is a good gif.

BBboy20

I get why Barry didn't act right away once they got to the house. He knows how fast Zoom is and even with Barry becoming faster he's still likely not fast enough to stop Zoom from killing Henry when he already has him in his hands and those hands are around Henry's neck for the most part. He wanted to try and somehow deescalate the situation thinking that Zoom still ultimately wants Barry dead. Begging at that point is all he had left as Henry's fate was likely sealed the moment Zoom took him and Barry couldn't get him back during the chase.
He could have tried anyways. Just weird seeing a speedster just reacting to such a situation like a normal human would.

morningbus

The department was corrupt and Gordon wasn't exactly well entrenched.

A police officer losing his job for shooting someone attempting to murder him.

A police officer losing his job for shooting someone.

A police officer losing his job.

It stands as one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen on TV.

Heh, I would say that Gotham is the one with least plot holes. It has crazy logic, but it keeps the plot pretty consistent to it. And the fact that they're burning through whole season of arcs in like 6 episodes on average helps a lot. It just moves too fast to create big enough space for many plot holes to start appearing.

Awesome

Praise it when it happens man!

morningbus

Caitlin just went through something that would have turned her into a supervillain on Gotham, so I think she can be forgiven for being a little down in the dumps.

harSon

Banned
Caitlin just went through something that would have turned her into a supervillain on Gotham, so I think she can be forgiven for being a little down in the dumps.

Her emotional state is definitely justified. It'd just be nice if the writers did something with her character outside of being a tormented emotional wreck.

am I the only one that thinks the "claws" on zooms gloves look really silly when he's unmasked?

The character as a whole loses a lot when he's unmasked and no longer voiced by Tony Todd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom