• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
You-almost-had.jpg

Waiting for this to be shopped following the finale.

harSon

Banned
Small thing but I thought this reveal and his reaction was extremely well done. You can just see him putting the pieces together. And this is coming from someone who is usually annoyed with Wally.

My boy Wally is about to get his #Blacked on though

Effect

He could have tried anyways. Just weird seeing a speedster just reacting to such a situation like a normal human would.

I get you. The way I saw it they're both speedsters and they're in their "normal" phase. Barry trying something in that situation with Zoom would be like a normal person trying to make a move when another normal person has a gun to someone's head and their finger is on the trigger.

Kyoufu

Black Siren is so awesome. Her costume is awesome too and she looks incredible in it.

God damn. I need more Black Siren.

Xenoboy

God damn that ending, holy shit. Lol at Cisco and Caitlin dressing up. Black Siren was smoking, my oh my.

Next season we are gonna get Caitlin's brother into the loop, probably. Maybe he's the villain?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
God I love this show. Started off a bit slow this season but it's humming now! Grant is owning the character since he came back from the speedforce.

ZeroX03

Banned
I bet Snart on Earth-2 is normal as shit.

Fuck, I want to see it.

Well according to Black Siren, doppelgängers are polar opposites, so he must be! Except you know, all the characters who haven't been opposites like Wells, Barry, Iris, Joe... Weird thing for her to say.

Snart was a lot more normal in his first outting. Super beings brought out the cheese in him.

he's just Michael from Prison Break but not in prison

He's been in prison plenty of times between Flash and Legends! Multiple breaks too!

icespide

Banned
Well according to Black Siren, doppelgängers are polar opposites, so he must be! Except you know, all the characters who haven't been opposites like Wells, Barry, Iris, Joe... Weird thing for her to say.

Snart was a lot more normal in his first outting. Super beings brought out the cheese in him.

she specifically said "mirror images" which is different than opposites no?

Poyunch

I thought it was about being physical opposites thus the hand catch being a tell.

ZeroX03

Banned
she specifically said "mirror images" which is different than opposites no?

Either way I'm certain the hand thing hasn't been kept consistent. It was a weird way to do things, unless she was just bluffing to make them sweat. Also they're not mirror Earths (hi Mirror Master!), and where does Earth-3 (formerly Earth-CBS) factor in?

KonradLaw

The weak parts of this ep made me forget to write how much I liked that banter with Zoom early in the ep. They gave Teddy Sears shitty plot to work through, but I love how unhinged he is. Especially the part about Barry being ashamed of his anger and how tiring it was to pretend to be Jay. I adore those weird changes of voice intonation he does.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'd say that, while the Wells, Barry, Iris, Joe, etc. counterparts weren't polar opposites in terms of alignment, their personalities were portrayed as being completely opposite.

Maybe it has something to do with the metahuman gene? We actually haven't met anyone good with superpowers yet.

Ashhong

Why the hell does Barry always just stand around while shit happens? When Zoom had his dad, he didn't even move or try ANYTHING. Zoom wasn't even moving in super speed at his home, and Barry, the fastest most confident man alive, doesn't even try to run 5 feet to save his dad.

I mean, I know it's a show and all, but they need to put him in situations where this isn't an option to make it more believable to me

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd say that, while the Wells, Barry, Iris, Joe, etc. counterparts weren't polar opposites in terms of alignment, their personalities were portrayed as being completely opposite.

Maybe it has something to do with the metahuman gene? We actually haven't met anyone good with superpowers yet.

Their personalities weren't really opposite though. Barry was more timid, Iris was more assertive and Joe not liking Barry was to do with the very different circumstances. None of those were opposite, just different and exaggerated.

We're about to meet a good guy with superpowers behind the mask. Believe.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why the hell does Barry always just stand around while shit happens? When Zoom had his dad, he didn't even move or try ANYTHING. Zoom wasn't even moving in super speed at his home, and Barry, the fastest most confident man alive, doesn't even try to run 5 feet to save his dad.

I mean, I know it's a show and all, but they need to put him in situations where this isn't an option to make it more believable to me

Replace their super speed (with which Zoom is probably still faster) with guns. Zoom has a gun right to Henry's head and Barry is standing just a few feet away with his gun.

Do you blame Barry for trying to deescalate the situation, try to reason with Zoom on a human level? If Barry tries a shot, all bets are off and his Dad is definitely dead. But maybe he can get through to him by talking him down.

It also looks like the next episode will pickup immediately after this one, so we will probably see Barry try to rush to his Dad but fail.

How have they still not switched base of operations or at least locked the goddamn door. Can't tell me there isn't a mumbo jumbo way to keep barry and Jay out of buildings.

Also killing for the sake of it is dumb. Laurel's death was kinda dumb and the dad's death even more so.

Has Teddy Sears ever interacted with Henry on the show? If not that is pretty solid evidence that JWS plays the dude in the mask. It would explain why the writers made Henry piss off to go fishing (lol) at the beginning of the season.

Joni

Did it appear like they didnt know Laurel was dead?
They knew she was dead, but it seems clear she died somewhere between episodes. There is no clear indication as when she did. Seems like it should be between last week and now, where a bit of time has passed. Fighting lots of metahumans at the same time, would be a good reaosn to stay very short.

Episode felt really lazy. Barry being such a jobber is getting really annoying, same with Flash ignoring the world-changing events happening in Arrow.
Episodes were already out of sync last year, and it seems we need a bit more clear timeline this year. On the other hand, Central City was on fire, they just never sold it enough that they have been battling one metahuman after the other.

We're used to each week in the Flash being the same week as it is in Arrow (i.e. Episode 4 is the same week on both shows), but I'm not entirely sure this is the case.
To be clear, they had the same problem last year but with just 1-2 weeks back then.

Would have worked better if she was lying and admitted it right after. Reverb wouldn't have fallen for it, while Vibe did.

Has Teddy Sears ever interacted with Henry on the show? If not that is pretty solid evidence that JWS plays the dude in the mask. It would explain why the writers made Henry piss off to go fishing (lol) at the beginning of the season.
No, but on the other hand, Henry wouldnt recognize Jay. Jay wouldn't care.

icespide

Banned

why would that matter? it's not like Earth 1 Henry would recognize him or something

sophora

Thought this episode was going to be the finale of the season after seeing all those
metas
from last episode, so I'm a bit disappointed. Enjoyed it though, dig the slight character progression of Cisco and Wally too. Cisco remains my fave, but he reminds me of a guy I had a crush on so haha....

Overall, yeah it could be better but hey, it's a comic book show so I don't expect things to make sense, I just expect it to be entertaining.

I'm hoping the Legends show up in next week's episode for a bit. Since this week is the season finale and they will be back in 2016. Would be hype to see them all team up since Barry never got to be in the show.

Also does anyone else feel that Snow might betray the team? I feel a random swerve coming.

anaron

I love how Katie/Laurel is so much infinitely better on anything but Arrow. She honestly seemed like an entirely different person.

Sober

I love how Katie/Laurel is so much infinitely better on anything but Arrow. She honestly seemed like an entirely different person.
To be fair this is also true with Iris and Kaitlin on Earth-2, infinitely more interesting. Too bad they had to get written off, because damn I can't believe those actors put up with being background decoration or pep talk material most of the time.

This was great. Was an episode that fit alongside the highs of season 1 imo.

Gotta say though they gotta chill with the step aside and talk to Barry stuff. Lol when you get 3 separate moments that begin with "Barry can I talk to you for a minute" in the first 20 minutes it gets a little crazy lol

Damn shame about Henry :( we all saw it coming when he moved back though

And black siren was great. They should have killed laurel months ago in arrow and just have the earth 2 doppelganger be zoom's boss ass sidechick as a flash series regular. She was fun. And that could have been a great villain couple.

MajorMane

Gotta say though they gotta chill with the step aside and talk to Barry stuff. Lol when you get 3 separate moments that begin with "Barry can I talk to you for a minute" in the first 20 minutes it gets a little crazy lol

Pretty sure that was the point, though. Like Barry is on this super-high and super-optimistic and not really seeing things too clearly. The others are worried about that affecting his decision-making (whether they were right or not). Everyone is trying to get him to be realistic about the Zoom situation and he just won't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom