• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

so if in the world of the show if every speedster has seemingly endless time remnants then can any speedster truly be defeated for good? Seems like there could be endless zooms

Nabs

So here's a link to a comic panel for the finale.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci7qke7XEAAqt6n.jpg:large

lol some more time shenanigans at work as zoom kills zoom again

aaQ0Esq.png
u628hBI.png

Fuckery at 1000

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Random speculation: Barry has to go back and prevent Hunter's mother from dying, thus ending Zoom at the starting point.

Shouldn't that create a time paradox like when Eddie shot himself? If it does, that does give a wide opening to how Supergirl gets mixed into this universe.

I like the idea. The Man in the Iron Mask is....good Jay Garrick from the timeline where Barry saves his mom. Lol, it's still probably Henry but I would be okay with either.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I really don't get that time remnant thing.

They encounter Reverse Flash because he was doing stuff leading up the the event that led to his death. Ok. Doens't make a whole lotta sense if he never existed due to Eddie's death, but whatever. At least it represents a closed loop.

Zoom on the other hand apparently knows when he dies and how and somehow can pull himself from the loop constantly just to... Kill himself faster? What he's doing is grindingly stupid. Barry should just let Zoom kill his own remnants until he simply winks out of existence all on his own.

Xemnas89

They encounter Reverse Flash because he was doing stuff leading up the the event that led to his death. Ok. Doens't make a whole lotta sense if he never existed due to Eddie's death, but whatever. At least it represents a closed loop.

Zoom on the other hand apparently knows when he dies and how and somehow can pull himself from the loop constantly just to... Kill himself faster? What he's doing is grindingly stupid. Barry should just let Zoom kill his own remnants until he simply winks out of existence all on his own.

The reverse flash time remnant makes sense within the shows weird logic. They said that version of the reverse flash was in the speed force and was protected at the time the present day reverse flash was erased which allowed him to stay around as a time remnant. With Zoom I'm not sure exactly what it is. I guess he just goes back and grabs versions of himself that were in the speed force but I don't really know. I also don't really care because it doesn't bother me at this point and I just embrace the absurdity of it.

Joni

Zoom might be constantly jumping to the past, for a day or so to use himself. but I can't really get my head around it. It is easy for Eobard, because him disappearing from the timeline was stopped by closing the singularity.

- J - D -

I think the show will just commit to not providing details as to how Zoom does some of the more outlandish (even by show standards) things he does. Like in the previous episode where he creates a breach on his own, without prior precedent shown of him being able to do so.

The remnant thing is just weird, and I don't even want to begin thinking about it.

Joni

I think the show will just commit to not providing details as to how Zoom does some of the more outlandish (even by show standards) things he does. Like in the previous episode where he creates a breach on his own, without prior precedent shown of him being able to do so.

Speed boost he got from Barry who managed to do that as well through accident, or he can because Cisco's breach is still open.

- J - D -

Speed boost he got from Barry who managed to do that as well through accident, or he can because Cisco's breach is still open.

I wish they had set it up better if that's really the case. I read through the live-posting in this thread during the previous episode broadcast. It surprised most people when Zoom just punched a breach into existence. It felt like it came out of nowhere.

Joni

I wish they had set it up better if that's really the case. I read through the live-posting in this thread during the previous episode broadcast. It surprised most people when Zoom just punched a breach into existence. It felt like it came out of nowhere.

Yeah, it is really one of the main problems this year.

ZeroX03

Banned
The absurd time stuff is fine when it's in some service to the plot, but they're really stretching it. The comic panel seems really unnecessary, maybe it's better in context.

- J - D -

I'm starting to worry that there's no way they can course correct with the time they have left this season without pulling some time travel shenanigans.

We're so late in the game now and they haven't established a power ceiling for Zoom, and he just keeps doing crazier shit. I liked the idea of Zoom being unknowably powerful in the early goings, but now they have to stick the landing when it comes to Barry pulling through and overcoming this obstacle. I hope they can do it. Go out on a high note.

Joni

I'm starting to worry that there's no way they can course correct with the time they have left this season without pulling some time travel shenanigans.

We're so late in the game now and they haven't established a power ceiling for Zoom, and he just keeps doing crazier shit. I liked the idea of Zoom being unknowably powerful in the early goings, but now they have to stick the landing when it comes to Barry pulling through and overcoming this obstacle. I hope they can do it. Go out on a high note.

They shouldn't try, have masked guy explain next year. Have the race, let Zoom lose and go crazy, free the masked guy and set up a trap for Zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom