• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

The writers want us to believe that a 23-count serial killers whose case and face was widely public could pretend to be a hero for years and no one noticed?

And I don't buy the fact that what Zolomon said was a lie. Obviously there was a chronic speedster battle on Earth-2. Wells never refuted Zolomon's story about that. So Zolomon must have defeated the Flash of Earth-2 and took his place, which would only work if no one on Earth-2 knew what Earth-2 Flash looked like.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread likes the show. That's... why we're here talking about it. If complaining about silly bullshit is the same thing as hatin' to some folks they need to get better eyes.

I dunno where Gotham is at, I stopped watching it awhile back mostly out of boredom, but to me The Flash is still the best superhero show around.

And yeah, like folks have been sayin, if the real Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask that'll go a long way to assuaging the oddness of Zoloman's story.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread likes the show. That's... why we're here talking about it. If complaining about silly bullshit is the same thing as hatin' to some folks they need to get better eyes.

I dunno where Gotham is at, I stopped watching it awhile back mostly out of boredom, but to me The Flash is still the best superhero show around.

AoS is still it for me but yeah Flash is still up there.

JDB

Banned
RellyRell28, you are far superior to anyone on GAF because you have no standards, or thought process and easily amazed like playing peekaboo with a toddler.

I hope I speak for the rest of FlashGAF and ArrowGAF, that we all aspire to grow up and be just like you. Hopefully one day you will see us as equals.

Magwik

Banned
You all are focusing on the wrong things

Barry and Iris
ITS HAPPENING
Patty was better :(
Legends has Kendra dealing with love and fighting "Destiny" while Iris who has no romantic feelings for her adopted brother just sort of gives up on trying at life and says "if the future that was erased and an alternate earth say it happens guess it has to happen"

ZeroX03

Banned

Barry and Iris
ITS HAPPENING

Post-Patty I'm not all that interested in Barry's love life. If they're going to do it, do it, just don't spend too much time or drama on it. Thankfully Barry has a great track record and won't screw things up with her.

zulux21

And then the serial killer Wells knows by name but apparently can't recognize..

uh... just want to note. I know the following people by name and what they are famous for
Oj Simpson.
Katy Perry.
Vince Gill
jeffrey dahmer
Brett Farve

and if they knocked on my door, and had a 10 minute conversation with me I wouldn't have a clue any of them were who they were unless they told me so. (yes I even know Jeffrey is dead and I wouldn't want to have a conversation with him :p this convo is hypothetical.)

I would imagine for the vast majority of people even if well advertised on TV if you removed long hair and a large beard most people wouldn't recognize them unless they were obsessed with them.

for the record I am not saying that no one should have figured it out. Someone should have been able to figure it out that was close to him especially since he likely had a new special showing him off when he was more normal when he was younger. But there is absolutely no reason wells had to be able to recognize him by face just because he was in the news a lot.

Barry and Iris
ITS HAPPENING

honestly that was the most disappointing thing of the whole episode for me. To be fair i didn't mind the episode, but in no way do I want barry and iris to come back. Iris is being a much better character this season but the two actors have absolutely no chemistry. Patty 4 life.

Averon

Also, this show needs to do someone with Caitlin. She's done nothing but be an emotional wreck and Cisco's occasional helper all season.

Hard to root on someone who creates a problem when there's none. Zoom should have thousand punch Barry to death.

Barry turning heel

PS: I think it's the break. But Iris looks hotter

Magwik

Banned
Ok really Barry is dumb as shit. What's the point of this episode?.
To set up another 5 episodes worth of material.
"Oh no I lost my speed again"
"Oh no I'm not fast enough"
"Oh no I can't find him"
"Oh no I'm forced to make a choice"
"Oh no I fucked up again but Zoom is dead"

The writers want us to believe that a 23-count serial killers whose case and face was widely public could pretend to be a hero for years and no one noticed?

And I don't buy the fact that what Zolomon said was a lie. Obviously there was a chronic speedster battle on Earth-2. Wells never refuted Zolomon's story about that. So Zolomon must have defeated the Flash of Earth-2 and took his place, which would only work if no one on Earth-2 knew what Earth-2 Flash looked like.

Yup. That was way too stupid. Even fooled Wells for some odd reason. Like, did no one notice how Hunter Zolomon looked like before he had his facial hair? That was frustrating. Zoom could not have known about all of this and fed the people of Earth-2 his lies. That would make him a better time-traveller than Eobard.

ZeroX03

Banned
uh... just want to note. I know the following people by name and what they are famous for
Oj Simpson.
Katy Perry.
Vince Gill
jeffrey dahmer
Brett Farve

and if they knocked on my door, and had a 10 minute conversation with me I wouldn't have a clue any of them were who they were unless they told me so. (yes I even know Jeffrey is dead and I wouldn't want to have a conversation with him :p this convo is hypothetical.)

I would imagine for the vast majority of people even if well advertised on TV if you removed long hair and a large beard most people wouldn't recognize them unless they were obsessed with them.

for the record I am not saying that no one should have figured it out. Someone should have been able to figure it out that was close to him especially since he likely had a new special showing him off when he was more normal when he was younger. But there is absolutely no reason wells had to be able to recognize him by face just because he was in the news a lot.

Harry made a point to say that Hunter Zolomon was "instantly recognizable". Exact words.

Yousefb

I'm not caught up with the show at all. I'll watch it someday. But I just saw on Twitter that Mark Waid is really angry about the most recent episode. He's basically saying they shat on the legacy... what the hell happened? 0_0
I've heard nothing but ppositivity regarding this show. What could be so bad?

Magwik

Banned
I'm not caught up with the show at all. I'll watch it someday. But I just saw on Twitter that Mark Waid is really angry about the most recent episode. He's basically saying they shat on the legacy... what the hell happened? 0_0
They decided to follow in the footsteps of Arrow and completely take the piss regarding a fan favorite legacy character. Jay Garrick, the first Flash? Oh yeah he was never a real person.

Dereck

The confidence in the delivery of this line. If the episode ended right here I would have said that Zoom got REKT.

LfVYL2G.gif

ZeroX03

Banned

When the greatest Flash writer of all time calls you out, you know you've fucked up. At least I hope they do.

Volimar

Mark Waid ‏@MarkWaid 3h3 hours ago

My complaint is bigger than plot. It's about pissing on legacy. Unless there's some Jay fix, I'm out. #TheFlash

Wow. I mean, I get it. They basically erased Jay Garrick. Unless he's in the mask some how.

Code:
Doesn't matter who the man in the iron mask is. It sucks to be punished--actively punished--for being a fan.

Oh.

ZeroX03

Banned
GJx5xWy.png

If you know Waid's Flash history, you know the Flash legacy is hugely important to him and how he writes the character.

Volimar

GJx5xWy.png

If you know Waid's Flash history, you know the Flash legacy is hugely important to him and how he writes the character.

If this isn't fixed somehow I'll be surprised. The showrunners for Flash have shown quite a bit of reverence to the comics.

When this season started I was really excited for Earth 2 stuff and the Flash of two worlds. I was excited for Zoom being on screen and trying to make the Flash a better hero. Instead I got bastardized versions of both characters. What a waste.

Yousefb

When the greatest Flash writer of all time calls you out, you know you've fucked up. At least I hope they do.
I mean I understand where all this is coming from, but the season isn't over right? Maybe there's some sort of swerve coming or something. Just astonished at how negative people are reacting. And Mark Waid too? Damn son.

Magwik

Banned
I mean I understand where all this is coming from, but the season isn't over right? Maybe there's some sort of swerve coming or something. Just astonished at how negative people are reacting. And Mark Waid too? Damn son.
Because there's really no room to wiggle in an explanation for events. Even regarding the masked man, it's quickly dismissed and thrown out the window. They presented what they wanted to present, and it turned out to be shit and shit on the character of Jay Garrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom