• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Nothing made sense.
No one at any point shouted "GET HIM NOW BARRY!"?
Barry being now faster than Zoom decides to just go "yeah ok have my speed, is cool"

WTF did I watch????

jey_16

Banned
I was fine with most of the episode except for the fact that they had guns pointing at Zoom and could have taken him out at any time with out giving him Barry's speed force and still get Wally back....I mean WTF? This isn't the time to be honourable, what rational explanation is there for this?

Emwitus

watev. i loved the episode!

And to satisfy everyone here, all the writers should have done was spell out that jay could have killed anyone in the room if barry attacked him after wally was released.

Kyoufu

i was thinking that Man in the Iron Mask was Hunter Zolomon's father, ripped from the past to be tortured for Zoom's own amusement

which might explain why he was tapping in outdated military code, and also why Zoom even has a time remnant in the first place

but also i don't understand why that reveal would even be important enough to be kept a mystery at this point

Yeah I don't think anyone would care about him holding his psycho father anyway.

Plus "You wouldn't believe me even if I told you" doesn't really imply that he has his dad, someone the cast doesn't know at all.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah I don't think anyone would care about him holding his psycho father anyway.

Plus "You wouldn't believe me even if I told you" doesn't really imply that he has his dad, someone the cast doesn't know at all.
The line implies that they would be in disbelief, it has to be someone the cast is familiar with. To be in such a state of disbelief it would also then have to be someone who is presumed dead or can't possibly exist.

ZeroX03

Banned
The line implies that they would be in disbelief, it has to be someone the cast is familiar with. To be in such a state of disbelief it would also then have to be someone who is presumed dead or can't possibly exist.

Everything about Zoom has been hyperbole, I'm expecting the man in the mask to be very anticlimactic.

Blader

watev. i loved the episode!

And to satisfy everyone here, all the writers should have spelt out was that jay could have killed anyone in the room if barry attacked him after wally was released.

But they would had to have known that Zoom could just as easily kill everyone in the room after Barry gives up his speed too.

Magwik

Banned
Everything about Zoom has been hyperbole, I'm expecting the man in the mask to be very anticlimactic.
There's nothing inherently wrong with the idea that he is Zoom because he needs to become faster to save his life, it can add depth to the character, but they are trying to do way too much with this one. He's dying and needs speed, he is a psychotic mass murderer, he pretended to be Jay Garrick because he's evil, and then finally he is what Barry would have turned out like if he didn't have the West family to fall back on.

Kyoufu

What Barry doesn't realise is that he could have easily ended up like Hunter Zolomon if he didn't have Joe to raise him. He could have grown up to be a monster.

edit: Oops, double post.

Emwitus

But they would had to have known that Zoom could just as easily kill everyone in the room after Barry gives up his speed too.

Yes. So the the choice was to abandon wally and let him die and kill jay or give in to his demands and hope jay lets them go free................

The dumb decision was re-opening the portal.

Patryn

I think another major problem with the episode is that in the last episode we returned to Eobard Wells. Now THAT was a real villain.

Teddy Sears just can't muster the same level of intimidating presence as Tom Cavanagh, and seeing them back to back just helps to underline that point.

Blader

I think another major problem with the episode is that in the last episode we returned to Eobard Wells. Now THAT was a real villain.

Teddy Sears just can't muster the same level of intimidating presence as Tom Cavanagh, and seeing them back to back just helps to underline that point.

I've been down on his performance most of the year -- mostly because Jay is/was such a loser -- but I thought he had a legit bit of creepiness with this moment:

zoomhope7yj2s.gif

I take it I was the only one who enjoyed that episode? D:

No I did and I'm willing to be that most who watch outside of the internet message boards liked the episode as well. I mean the episode did get good reviews from what I've seen but reviews don't really matter that much to me anyways

Zoom is better as the more demonic villain, Jay/Hunter/Zoom chillin' at Star Labs to wait for the evil plan to get done was very bad.

Wait if Zoom wasn't actually there at Earth 1, how could he comment on Caitlyn and show feelings for her? She was banging the time remnant, not Zoom proper.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That was one of the dumbest episodes the show has ever put out. A room full of scientists and no one thinks to dupe Zoom into giving him a sedative in a syringe. Zoom was willing to inject himself with anything and he has no clue what a vial of speed force looks like.

I'm confused about the Caitlin romance. Past Zoom falls for Caitlin, then he dies. So we assume present Zoom now has those feelings...but every time Barry has time traveled he doesn't recall the memories he experienced in the new timeline, he retains only his old memories. (i.e. him being confused about Pied Piper being a good guy now)
jJoHAik.jpg

I know I shouldn't think too much about time travel in this show, just nitpicking on that one.

Reverse Flash is a much better villain. He just outsmarts the heroes at every turn and it's his intelligence that makes him really menacing. Zoom, when matched with the dumb hero trope, just makes the show odd. Reverse Flash forced the heroes to think, where as with Zoom everyone is flapping around like a fish out of water.

strafer

you cant honestly sit there and say it was a terrible episode? it wasn't.

stop being so angry all the time

this was a great episode.

KonradLaw

Zoom delivered as a villain and Jay became fun to watch finally.
But the whole plot was so fricking dumb. Like..holly hell. Why did they just put that leg brace? They couldn't figure out he could cut through it? Why didn't Barry just beat the shit out of him once Wally was back? Why give him the speed?
Even as it worst Arrow never put this much character's stupidity into one episode.

Oh well, it's not the first time Flash makes it's character's brains shortcircuit for the sake of the plot. The rest of the episode made up for this. Stupidity just knocked it down from that should have been a bloody amazing episode to merely a good one.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Thought it was a damn good episode. Logically, things don't make sense. But things have never really made sense with time travel and the like. So I don't try to take these shows too seriously. It's a giant mess, but a fun mess.

Was kinda surprised to see so many people consider this episode "Arrow Season 3 bad"

Wait, because Zoom has Wally he gives him all his speed ?

Don't they have a gun that steals his speedfocre ? I don't get how stupid that whole Zoom sits around to take the speedforce looked. Am I missing something ?

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Thought it was a damn good episode. Logically, things don't make sense. But things have never really made sense with time travel and the like. So I don't try to take these shows too seriously. It's a giant mess, but a fun mess.

Was kinda surprised to see so many people consider this episode "Arrow Season 3 bad"

This

Badly written episode but like I said before:

The Flash is like sex. Even when it's bad it's still good.

This is just dumb. Bad sex is bad. If you had sex that you thought was bad but was good it was probably good enough but not actually bad. Please use a different analogy

I think it's more along the lines of "bad sex is still sex".

And bad sex after 3 weeks celibate is just bad.
This makes more sense

mreddie

We know Barry gets his speed back judged by the Arrow flashforward but I'm gonna skip next week because I despise heroes losing powers episodes.

Permanently A

So the reverse flash is faster than zoom?

It's what Hunter meant when he talked about the speed mirage.

And why wouldn't Barry believe who's in the cell wearing the iron mask? I'm hoping it's the real Jay, who has to exist.. Hunter Zolomon isn't going to pull that name out of his ass.. Meaning he kept up the Heroic act only after capturing the real Jay Garrick.

Still doesn't explain how he is able to travel between earths without Cisco causing the breach.

Poor Caitlyn.

And why didn't team flash just set up a trap for Zoom? Have that shit laced with something that kills him and doesn't actually drain Barry 100% FFS lol

Zoom meant he wasn't fast enough to speed mirage on two earths simultaneously. He can probably speed mirage.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

It was entertaining but it was still a really dumb and poorly written episode.

I'm at the point where I love the show so much I bought an antenna specifically to watch only The Flash live. They've hooked me - if they gave an entire season of garbage episodes I would still watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom