• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in the iron mask is Earth-X Jay Garrick/The Flash. At some point in the past Zoom was able to access another earth, where he found that his doppleganger was adopted, given a different name and raised right and is a superhero. They fight, Zoom wins and steals his power and keeps him locked up for his own amusement of torturing his better self from another world. That's where he gets the idea of being The Flash to begin with and poses as him on Earth 2.

Yeah that's sort of what I'm thinking/hoping for.
That would undo a lot of the issues I have with Jay/Zoom.

Makonero

I didn't really have much of a problem with that. I mean, the Flash travels to Supergirl world before Cisco reopens the portal just because he's 4x faster. Of all the problems with the episode it seemed the least offensive.

Theory time:

The man in the iron mask is Earth-X Jay Garrick/The Flash. At some point in the past Zoom was able to access another earth, where he found that his doppleganger was adopted, given a different name and raised right and is a superhero. They fight, Zoom wins and steals his power and keeps him locked up for his own amusement of torturing his better self from another world. That's where he gets the idea of being The Flash to begin with and poses as him on Earth 2.

If this is true,

then "Earth 2" is really just what has been referred to as "Earth 3" before, with evil doppelgangers of the superheroes on Earth 1. I like this idea, it opens up further possibilities down the road.

If this is true,

then "Earth 2" is really just what has been referred to as "Earth 3" before, with evil doppelgangers of the superheroes on Earth 1. I like this idea, it opens up further possibilities down the road.
Well
it's only Earth-2 to us and our heroes. It actually isn't Earth-2 in an "inifinite universes" sense

PreFire

Well
it's only Earth-2 to us and our heroes. It actually isn't Earth-2 in an "inifinite universes" sense

Exactly, meaning
Earth-1 is only so to the person who's from there. Like when Wells said "my earth is earth 1!" while plotting to get his daughter back. But there is an Earth prime.. Which we will probably never see lol

Whatever the show decides to do within the next few episodes, had better fix
Jay's legacy. A lot of fans aren't happy.. Honestly this thread feels like an arrow one with how many people are voicing how displeased they are.. Mostly because of the way the episode ended and the shitty writing
.. And I don't disagree.

Compbros

The line implies that they would be in disbelief, it has to be someone the cast is familiar with. To be in such a state of disbelief it would also then have to be someone who is presumed dead or can't possibly exist.

Him saying "Jay Garrick" would definitely instill disbelief.

Exactly, meaning
Earth-1 is only so to the person who's from there. Like when Wells said "my earth is earth 1!" while plotting to get his daughter back. But there is an Earth prime.. Which we will probably never see lol

Whatever the show decides to do within the next few episodes, had better fix
Jay's legacy. A lot of fans aren't happy.. Honestly this thread feels like an arrow one with how many people are voicing how displeased they are.. Mostly because of the way the episode ended and the shitty writing
.. And I don't disagree.

Yeah it's almost worse than the situation in Arrow with
Laurel. They had multiple seasons to try to make Laurel work and it just wasn't happening, which totally sucks for the Green Arrow mythos and the legacy of that character
. Jay Garrick on the other hand, never even had a shot.

Nafai1123

Banned
I still can't get over the hilarity of using carboard cutouts and a BFF ankle bracelet as their plan A, with plan B consisting of bending over and letting Zoom speedforce-fuck them all.

Poyunch

So I'm rewatching season 1 while doing homework and man just looking at the episode list on Netflix just shows how much better the pacing and writing was. So many back-to-back great episodes compared to fluctuating quality of season 2.
Best moment of the episode

6HlxwvH.gif

I saw that and was like "what a druggie".

Joni

I still can't get over the hilarity of using carboard cutouts and a BFF ankle bracelet as their plan A, with plan B consisting of bending over and letting Zoom speedforce-fuck them all.
What else could they do? Lock him up when they caught him? That would just be stupid. I mean they would be able to save the guy in the mask and rescue both Worlds from Zoom. Who would think that a good idea?

Blader

The whole season was about duality and parallels to the characters and the first season. So they had to shoehorn that in. Zoom is dark Barry! That's totally more interesting than Geoff Johns' original take. I wonder what Johns thinks? He's probably the second best Flash writer, and the best has already condemned the show.

Mark Waid has condemned the show?

Also, Johns sucks and his Flash run was just a Rogues one.

CloudWolf

Hunter Zolomon is kind of terrible at making plans. His plan for getting Barry's speed has to be one of the most nonsensical plans on television, especially taking into consideration that he could've murdered Barry and all his friends at any given moment.

By the way, how the hell did Wells get that picture of Hunter Zolomon on the computer? Can internet travel between worlds? Or did he just so happen to have a picture of Hunter Zolomon on his hard drive?

Joni

Hunter Zolomon is kind of terrible at making plans. His plan for getting Barry's speed has to be one of the most nonsensical plans on television, especially taking into consideration that he could've murdered Barry and all his friends at any given moment.

By the way, how the hell did Wells get that picture of Hunter Zolomon on the computer? Can internet travel between worlds? Or did he just so happen to have a picture of Hunter Zolomon on his hard drive?
Pocket computer with database?

The Light

Definitely was hints of who is in the grave this episode tho. Did they forget the line of "this complicates things"? Also zoom whole planned hinges on them not knowing who he is and opening the breaches to get revenge for Jay.

Zoom couldn't have known they would still try and open the breaches if they ever found out his identity.

Joni

Definitely was hints of who is in the grave this episode tho. Did they forget the line of "this complicates things"? Also zoom whole planned hinges on them not knowing who he is and opening the breaches to get revenge for Jay.

Zoom couldn't have known they would still try and open the breaches if they ever found out his identity.
That line indeed doesn't make any sense. Especially since he closed the breach himself. Time remnant rebelling against him would have made more sense.

disappointing episode. A time remnant is a good enough reason I guess? I rather he said speed force clone.

I don't know why they only did a leg trap. Knock him out and lock him, and then have your conversation. This is not their first rodeo with a speedster. I just don't understand how the writers can be that lazy.

Joni

I don't know why they only did a leg trap. Knock him out and lock him, and then have your conversation. This is not their first rodeo with a speedster. I just don't understand how the writers can be that lazy.

Well, it is hard to think of ways for people to keep escaping those cells. Arrow did that a lot better last episodes: lock the guy up, keep him there for a couple of episodes and then let him escape because of a plan instead of a stupid character.
Looking at you there Jessica Jones

Ashhong

My friend says that the time remnant was from an alternate universe. That's not how I understood it but I think it makes more sense.

Kelsdesu

His whole plan just seems convuluted for the sake of tricking, or mis-directing comic book fans. Barry's plan was much worse. Maybe losing his speed is a part of the grand scheme?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Mark Waid has condemned the show?

Also, Johns sucks and his Flash run was just a Rogues one.

I find it amusing that the guy who wrote a much loved story about one of The Flash's villains posing as The Flash that ended with a character getting over their baggage and becoming faster than any speedster who'd ever existed doesn't like a story about one of The Flash's villains posing as The Flash that seems likely to end with a character getting over their baggage and becoming faster than any speedster.

Or if somebody recognized this really famous serial killer standing in plain view here.

inspiration-of-the-marvel-kind-how-the-flash-s-jay-garrick-and-harrison-wells-remind-me-o-704704.jpg

Listen that's a tough disguise to see through. He has shorter hair and no beard. That's less of a difference than Clark Kent to superman. No one seems to be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Joni

Listen that's a tough disguise to see through. He has shorter hair and no beard. That's less of a difference than Clark Kent to superman. No one seems to be able to put 2 and 2 together.
It is a potential public photo of a superhero, whose identity is unknown. Newspapers would be running that, everyone would try to figure it out.
Everyone keeps kind of recognizing Oliver Queen, despite him wearing a hood and a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom