• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm just now remembering Jay taught Barry how to use Lightning

... Are we gonna have the Big Bad of every season teaching Barry a new key move? First with Reverse Flash teaching Barry about phasing, now Zoom teaching him Lightning, heh. I don't mind it being a thing! Feelin' like Mega Man.

Learning a power each season was the Smallville tradition.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't see what's Mark Waid's problems, with the multiverse they could have as many Jay Garricks as they want.

So instead, give the psycho killer more speed to make his psycho killer abilities increase exponentially, all to save one guy. The characters on this show are not just stupid, they're consistently selfish. Barry always puts the world in danger for his self interest.
so you wanted him to give up on Wally?

I don't see what's Mark Waid's problems, with the multiverse they could have as many Jay Garricks as they want.

so you wanted him to give up on Wally?

The dialog "oh we don't have time to climb the cliff to Zoom's" was so stupid. BARRY IS FASTER THAN HE'S EVER BEEN. He could at least TRY to rescue Wally rather than endangering 2 Earths for one guy. Or come up with a plan to deceive Zoom. Or double cross him since he apparently releases hostages before getting what he wants. Any plan is better than the stupidity of giving his speed to Zoom because the plot required it.

Joni

How are they going to pull off the deception angle with Grodd? Grodd is going to be disguised as STAR labs' promising new intern?
He'll fall in love with Caitlyn and teach Barry a new trick, like how to open a banana. It will be a complete surprise that he is a gorrilla underneath his gorrilla costume.

Apparently the move he forgot was intelligence.

I think he's more like Ash, suffers from serious amnesia, inconsistent track record and the brain of a ten year old.

These are both very valid options, although I can't completely agree on the Ash comparison. He usually defeats his villains the next episode if he fails.

Who would Brock be

Cisco. Tries to dates all the hot women, but he never gets more than a kiss.

JeTmAn81

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed that they're doing pretty much the exact same thing with the villain this season as they did last season. That's lazy writing.

I dunno. I really like Zoom, personally.

This scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQIMWYMuHyk

Incredible.

This scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3Wmyy8pPw

Incredible.

This scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRyEntfKz74

Incredible.

He just deserved better writing. The writing in this season has been very poor at times.
Yeah, monstrous Zoom was more effective than what they've tried to do.
I do wonder how they would have handled monster Zoom as the villain for the whole season, making whoever he was unimportant.

I have very, very little interest in Grodd as a big bad.

Damn, it was me and NTGYK with the Metal Gear stuff and now it's y'all with the Pokemon stuff. It's awesome.

Crisco being Brock.... how did I not see that Joni?! That's a good comparison lol.

Next season:

tf123_2194d.jpg

"Given the right situation, the right story, anyone can be shaped into The Flash."

wally-west-the-flash.png

Also next season:

"What's your name?"
"The Flash."
"No, not that name. You're not a Flash, and I'm not a Mirror. We're men with names. My name... is Sam. And you?"
"Barry. "
"Plain name. But I won't forget it."

mirror-master-jpg.jpg

Asbel

I'm in the same boat. Absolutely no interest in Grodd as a main villain. He's King Shark levels of filler.
You haven't seen Grodd outside of this show then. Grodd is super intelligent. Grodd's battle for control vs Luther was a highlight in JLU.

Mirror Master has a lot of potential. They could easily make him the big bad, Lex Luthor style enemy, since this version of Flash isn't all that fast.

EDIT: Actually, he could be like the real Zoom, since he could move around instantaneously through reflections and stuff.

ZeroX03

Banned
Grodd as filler? Fuck off. He's easily big bad material.

Mirror Master has a lot of potential. They could easily make him the big bad, Lex Luthor style enemy, since this version of Flash isn't all that fast.

Mirror Master ain't that smart. But if they really want to push him as a big bad, his mirror worlds are a pretty big power. Wonderland etc. very reminiscent of Earth-2 though.

Asbel

Flash is dumb cuz he's too OP as a hero to create tension without consistently great writing. Would be better if they kept him slower than Eobard after he gets his powers back and have him forced too out smart Zoom.

Tabby

Flash is dumb cuz he's too OP as a hero to create tension without consistently great writing. Would be better if they kept him slower than Eobard after he gets his powers back and have him forced too out smart Zoom.

He's slowed than his comic book counterpart because of this though.

Besides, good story telling doesn't derive from how powerful a superhero is.

Barry needs a crutch when he is depowered. Sure he should be smart but he doesn't use it enough. Wally, comics Wally, knows how to fight. Jay, comics Jay, was an athlete at least. But we don't know how their live-action counterparts are compared to Barry so far. So the comparisons are moot.

I really hope they explore this deeper next week for Barry. Use his smarts more is what I'm saying lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone who doesn't kneel before Grodd doesn't know shit.

We're gonna see a lot of mind controlled villains of the week to account for the CGI though. Makes a little more sense than "Zoom sent me to kill you" people at least.

Joni

Anyone who doesn't kneel before Grodd doesn't know shit.

We're gonna see a lot of mind controlled villains of the week to account for the CGI though. Makes a little more sense than "Zoom sent me to kill you" people at least.

But that is no problem if they play their cards right. They could start off with introducing a bigger villain for 8-9 episodes that seems to be the end boss, before revealing he is just controlled by Grodd.

ZeroX03

Banned
But that is no problem if they play their cards right. They could start off with introducing a bigger villain for 8-9 episodes that seems to be the end boss, before revealing he is just controlled by Grodd.

They can't pull that off for too long or with someone too important or people will get pissed. Aka Bane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom