• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

i think we know where this is going

6HlxwvH.gif

Nutted but she still suckin

Johndoey

Banned
That scene of Zoom grabbing the speed of course brings to mind Bass.exe absorbing the remnants of the Cybeasts at the end of Battle Network 6.

Skux

I'm all caught up and this week's episode was just clunky. They've written themselves into a corner with some of this Zoom lore. It seemed so exciting making theories about all this stuff but the actual explanation just fell flat, and still doesn't make sense in a lot of parts.

How did Zoom get back to Earth-2 when there was no way to create a breach without using Cisco?

Why didn't Wells tell team Flash about how he created Zoom from Hunter Zolomon? And how the hell did he not click that they were the same person?

How did team Flash make perfect cardboard cutouts of Hunter's parents?

Why does team Flash agree to giving an unhinged serial killer Barry's powers with no guarantee that he wouldn't kill them as soon as he got what he wanted?

Why doesn't Barry immediately knock out Zoom after he's caught and lock him up?

I really don't like the dual personality thing that they have going with Jay/Zoom. I wanted Jay to act like Zoom even with the mask off, but instead he just acts like a normal guy and it takes away all of the menace of the character.

Nor501

I'm all caught up and this week's episode was just clunky. They've written themselves into a corner with some of this Zoom lore. It seemed so exciting making theories about all this stuff but the actual explanation just fell flat, and still doesn't make sense in a lot of parts.

How did Zoom get back to Earth-2 when there was no way to create a breach without using Cisco?

Why didn't Wells tell team Flash about how he created Zoom from Hunter Zolomon? And how the hell did he not click that they were the same person?

I really don't like the dual personality thing that they have going with Jay/Zoom. I wanted Jay to act like Zoom even with the mask off, but instead he just acts like a normal guy and it takes away all of the menace of the character.

I'm pretty sure he got back by using the breach Cisco opened earlier in the episode. I just assumed it was permanently open now until they decide to close it again.

wamberz1

How did team Flash make perfect cardboard cutouts of Hunter's parents?

Why does team Flash agree to giving an unhinged serial killer Barry's powers with no guarantee that he wouldn't kill them as soon as he got what he wanted?

Why doesn't Barry immediately knock out Zoom after he's caught and lock him up?

Yeah, this episode had a lot of dumb stuff that was there just for the sake of extending the plot. Plain bad writing. But they still have 5 episodes so maybe they can make a comeback.

Also, by popular demand:
DBVG9KD.gif

Synopsis for Kevin Smith's episode:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/22/the-flash-synopsis-for-kevin-smith-directed-the-runaway-dinosaur/

The CW has released an official synopsis for the May 10 episode of The Flash, which is titled “The Runaway Dinosaur” and features geek icon Kevin Smith as its director.
KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS – With Barry (Grant Gustin) gone, the team must figure out a way to handle the return of an old enemy – Girder (guest star Greg Finley). Realizing Girder is retracing his steps from his last attack, Iris (Candice Patton) volunteers to act as bait to trap him in S.T.A.R. Labs. Meanwhile, Barry fights to return to his old life.

Kevin Smith (Clerks) directed the episode written by Zack Stentz (Thor).

“The Runaway Dinosaur” will air Tuesday, May 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET on The CW.

The villain of this episode died in season 1, and the synopsis doesn't make it sound like a doppelganger. Weird.

- J - D -

Just caught up. The last few episodes have been really sloppy.

This season has been...problematic. Sophomore slump?

Not ready to bring out the "Arrow season 3" label gun quite yet, but we're getting close.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Just caught up. The last few episodes have been really sloppy.

This season has been...problematic. Sophomore slump?

Not ready to bring out the "Arrow season 3" label gun quite yet, but we're getting close.

Feels like it was the victim of introducing an enemy that was basically the same as the last one except he wears black. A lot of this is just different to make the whole yet another speedster enemy seem kinda fresh.

Then it went and got stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom