• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreFire

That mod is awesome. Makes me really want a well made Flash game.

Makes me wish there were official community mods released by Rockstar, as DLC or something. That way I can play this on console lol

We haven't seen Henry Allen in a while.. Imagine he's the one in the iron mask? Lol

It'd be cool if Barry went into 90s flash earth and saw that his dad was once the flash lol

Well that didn't last long.

Hey, they juniored me too! Six months until I can make threads again.

tumblr_niv8tgKjny1rnikqmo1_400.gif

I'm just glad that i'm not the only one that sees issues with the shows writing this past episode. The half hearted two word explanation from the villain of the season doesn't sound like they care too much about story or character development. Should have at least lightly explained it, or just said speed force something. But saying something totally unheard of with no explanation is irritating.

The season has been great up until this last episode. Let's hope they bounce back. I'm sure they will.

Joni

Was referring to
Zack Stentz worked on that? Although, I don't even know what that is. Google Search refers to Death of Superman.

That doesn't even. . .What?
Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

How do you even convince your past self to let you kill him?
I can only live with that if Zoom lied.

Well that didn't last long.

Hey, they juniored me too! Six months until I can make threads again.

TheOddOne wins again!

GeoMantle

Neo Member
I really hope Zoom is lying because this past episode's explanations and revalations has really soured me on his character and this arc in general.

Schnozberry

I really hope Zoom is lying because this past episode's explanations and revalations has really soured me on his character and this arc in general.

I agree, unless there is some majorly redeeming plot swerve I have grown weary of the writing. Zoom is a far less interesting villain than Thawne and the continuous need to make Team Flash as stupid as the plot requires on a weekly basis has gotten old.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
He shouldn't be alive. They used the "time remnant" excuse but that means Eobard going back in time to kill young Barry is futile because older Barry would still exist anyway.

Basically the writers have fucked up.

They've contradicted themselves already. First time Barry time traveled, he displaced his past self and just started living out that life again.

Then he goes back in time and drugs himself...

Xemnas89

They've contradicted themselves already. First time Barry time traveled, he displaced his past self and just started living out that life again.

Then he goes back in time and drugs himself...

There seems to be two different forms of time travel. When he goes back only a day or so he just replaces his past self but when he travels far enough back both present and past barry exist at the same time.

I wouldn't put it past them if the guy in the mask is another time remnant. Only one created because Zoom travelled into the past and killed his dad (so similiar to the flash's origin) before he could kill his mother. Zoom doesn't seem like the type to care too much about the fragility of time.

However, that would require a name change.

- J - D -

flash s2 is not even close to arrow s3

last episode was eh but overall I've enjoyed s2

Until the moment they ruin Cisco, Joe, and Wells, The Flash will never be as bad as Arrow S3. I'll give them at least that.

This show can coast on the personality of these characters in a way Arrow could never.

ZeroX03

Banned

Xemnas89

So after they got Wally back.... couldn't they have just been like, "fuck off Zoom" and not given him Barry's speed force?

:/

They certainly could have. That whole end part was a bit ridiculous and left a bit of a sour taste. I really enjoyed the episode up until then and I feel like they could've easily fixed the end if Zoom just held on to Wally till he got the speed.

Play Infamous SS/First Light.

Nah doesn't do it for me. I much preferred the sense of speed in Saints Row 4.

i hope this bullshit doesnt last
no one wants to watch a superhero show with a powerless superhero
also Barry should of super sonic punched him in the balls
no amount of speedforce will save you from that pain lol

Play Infamous SS/First Light.

As much as I love that those games no...... They do not do a good job of portraying super super speed compared to Saints Row 4 or GTAV Mods.

On console, Saints Row 4 is the best choice for a Flash game. It's no super mach speed but it's fast enough.

PC side is all about that GTAV Flash Mods.

Barry’s lost his speed! How’s he supposed to fight Zoom now? — Tamara
Now that Barry is without powers, I pondered whether other speedsters may be involved in the hopeful takedown of Zoom in the finale, but Teddy Sears is staying relatively mum. “The final showdown is mano-a-mano, Barry vs. Hunter,” the actor tells me. “Because we haven’t shot it yet, I don’t even have a picture, but what’s on the page, it proves to be epic in the truest sense of the word. It should be very fun and very satisfying for the viewers.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/22...orrow-spoilers

i guess that confirms Barry will get his speed back and kick Zooms ass, i can sleep now
that episode made me uncomfortable

Kyoufu

i hope this bullshit doesnt last
no one wants to watch a superhero show with a powerless superhero
also Barry should of super sonic punched him in the balls
no amount of speedforce will save you from that pain lol

Powerless Barry will probably last all of 5 minutes.

Menaged

I truly hope Zoom was bullshitting on this time rem.
It just doesn't make any lick of sense.

And I even more hope that this was all some of an elaborate plan (Doubt it though), because god that was dumb as fuck.
For 17 episodes, it seems like Barry's goal is to get faster so he can beat Zoom. When he finally achieves said goal, he does nothing with it other than luring him into Star Labs, which would've happened anyway....

God dammit...

Joni

i guess that confirms Barry will get his speed back and kick Zooms ass, i can sleep now
Superpowered person losing his abilities for five seconds is such a trope that you should never expect it to last. At least not until they kill Barry in the finale and his power transfers to Wally.

Kyoufu

Superpowered person losing his abilities for five seconds is such a trope that you should never expect it to last. At least not until they kill Barry in the finale and his power transfers to Wally.

The fangirls would eat CW alive.

Not this again. Infamous has no sense of speed whatsoever.

I disagree, is easily the best speedster / 3D Sonic game ever. First Light especially.

Don't see how you get no sense of speed from it, you got normal speed, then super speed which provides all sorts of new abilties.

Kyoufu

I disagree, is easily the best speedster / 3D Sonic game ever. First Light especially.

Don't see how you get no sense of speed from it, you got normal speed, then super speed which provides all sorts of new abilties.

Because if Flash ran as slow as Fetch/Delsin then he wouldn't be called the Flash. He'd be called The Dash at best.

ZeroX03

Banned

He/she run far slower than Wally in Young Justice and he's about a slow a speedster as they get. They run maybe 3x faster than a normal human. That's nothing close to Sonic, let alone The Flash. Say what you will about the quality of SRIV, but there's no doubt you move much faster in that game. I'm not even sure why you brought Sonic up they're that different. Just watch videos of First Light, SRIV and the GTAV mod next to each other. Infamous is a snail.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I truly hope Zoom was bullshitting on this time rem.
It just doesn't make any lick of sense.

And I even more hope that this was all some of an elaborate plan (Doubt it though), because god that was dumb as fuck.
For 17 episodes, it seems like Barry's goal is to get faster so he can beat Zoom. When he finally achieves said goal, he does nothing with it other than luring him into Star Labs, which would've happened anyway....

God dammit...

These aren't spoilers because I don't know shit about the last two episodes, but I really get the impression that they're building to Barry being so desperate that he goes to the future and asks Eobard to help him fight Zoom - paying off the 'gotta go' from Season One, and letting us see how awesome 'TEAM SPEED BROS' would be in action together.

That or Barry calls Oliver, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Rory Williams, White Canary, Captain Cold, the ghost of NotCyclops, Speedy, Spartan and Black Lantern Hawkman and the animated rendering of Vixen and they all beat Zoom up then everyone spends months trying to figure out how that fits in with Arrow Season 4's timeline.

Joni

These aren't spoilers because I don't know shit about the last two episodes, but I really get the impression that they're building to Barry being so desperate that he goes to the future and asks Eobard to help him fight Zoom - paying off the 'gotta go' from Season One, and letting us see how awesome 'TEAM SPEED BROS' would be in action together.

That or Barry calls Oliver, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Rory Williams, White Canary, Captain Cold, the ghost of NotCyclops, Speedy, Spartan and Black Lantern Hawkman and the animated rendering of Vixen and they all beat Zoom up then everyone spends months trying to figure out how that fits in with Arrow Season 4's timeline.

It is simple. Arrow ends a week before The Flash this time.

Johndoey

Banned
Barry is going to learn Speedforce comes from believing in himself and that his friends are his real power. Then he'll purify Zoom's evil candle. And Cisco will learn too much vibe energy can overload the morphing grid,

Joni

Barry is going to learn Speedforce comes from believing in himself and that his friends are his real power. Then he'll purify Zoom's evil candle. And Cisco will learn too much vibe energy can overload the morphing grid,

Won't that cause problems for these guys:

latest

Because if Flash ran as slow as Fetch/Delsin then he wouldn't be called the Flash. He'd be called The Dash at best.

Being practical, a game which mimics Flashes speed would be the worst game to play ever. People don't have the reflexes for it, be undershooting/overshooting targets all day long.

He/she run far slower than Wally in Young Justice and he's about a slow a speedster as they get. They run maybe 3x faster than a normal human. That's nothing close to Sonic, let alone The Flash. Say what you will about the quality of SRIV, but there's no doubt you move much faster in that game. I'm not even sure why you brought Sonic up they're that different. Just watch videos of First Light, SRIV and the GTAV mod next to each other. Infamous is a snail.

It's not just about speed but how a game plays and controls. SRIV played like ass, and GTA has and will forever have crappy gameplay. Infamous plays amazing.

Same reason Sonic games all suck nowdays, at some point someone decided Sonic was 99% about speed, when only the opening levels of older games really ever did that, with the rest of the game being very slow with only a bit of speed here and there if at all.

KonradLaw

I think Flash game could be done Superhot style - ie..time would move only when you do. This would make superpeeds managable.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's not just about speed but how a game plays and controls. SRIV played like ass, and GTA has and will forever have crappy gameplay. Infamous plays amazing.

Same reason Sonic games all suck nowdays, at some point someone decided Sonic was 99% about speed, when only the opening levels of older games really ever did that, with the rest of the game being very slow with only a bit of speed here and there if at all.

It's not about the quality of the game - I agree Infamous controls better than GTA and SRIV but that's a very low bar, it's not an amazing game - but just the sheer sense of speed. It's not there. It's a garbage Flash simulator. It's not even a good Quicksilver simulator.

Lol what did you do this time?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201042248&postcount=19547

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom