• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

. You can't parse logic out of something that isn't possible.

Ermm...why? It works for superpowers and magic systems. Heck, whole SF genre is built in it.
Of course you can't have something foolproof, but by setting up rules and sticking with them you make it possible to audience to predict what's going to happen and analyze the effects. That's all it takes to make it sensible.

Flash has the worst time travel I've ever seen in a tv show. At this point it's just utterly shitty deus ex machina that makes it completely impossible to care about anything related with this element of the show. And there's zero reason for doing it this way except writers being bad at their work.

I don't need realism in supernatural elements. But I do need consistency. Lack of it completely destroys suspension of disbelief.

Corpekata

Banned

Joni

Who was even clamoring for that character's return? Is it because he's on iZombie now and his profile's getting a little bit of a raise (at least on the CW level)?

He is a typical CW actor. They have a tendency to keep the same actors around, which is why he started on Emily Owens, M.D., became a regular on Star-Crossed after which he got guest spots in The Flash and iZombie.

Synopsis for Kevin Smith's episode:
Wonder what they mean with Barry gone.

flash s2 is not even close to arrow s3

last episode was eh but overall I've enjoyed s2

I don't watch Arrow but I know that Flash S2 is not bad by any means. It just doesn't hold up to S1 in terms of Villain reveal and the lead ups to Eobard/Harrison.

I've enjoyed the season so far. The last episode just disappointed me at the last act. Teddy Sears did good. Zoom is terrifying and the strongest speedster we have seen on screen.

I believe that they will pick things up after the last episode and we're all going to be super happy ^_^

Nabs

Synopsis for Kevin Smith's episode:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/22/the-flash-synopsis-for-kevin-smith-directed-the-runaway-dinosaur/

[/spoiler]

The villain of this episode died in season 1, and the synopsis doesn't make it sound like a doppelganger. Weird.

I'm guessing Barry saw how successful his last save was and decided to give it another go. Welp.

I saw some set shots from the Kevin Smith ep, and Barry is possibly
reliving that moment where he kisses Iris in S1. At least it seems that way, since she's wearing the same outfit and filmed at the same location.

Xenoboy

What happens in episode 21 is probably connected to episode 20.
It probably has something to do with the plan that Joe and Wells came up with, which Henry is against.

ZeroX03

Banned
Zack Stentz is one of the outside writers they bring in once or twice a year. Might be a WGA requirement.

He's not the only Marvel writer there, other Arrowverse people have written for Marvel, including Geoff Johns, Guggenheim and old Kev Smith himself.

Kyoufu

If Zolomon killed his past self, how is his alive?

He shouldn't be alive. They used the "time remnant" excuse but that means Eobard going back in time to kill young Barry is futile because older Barry would still exist anyway.

Basically the writers have fucked up.

Joni

They basically called Eobard Thawne a timeline remnant as well. The time could not catch up to him. Wells speculated it had to do something with Eobard being in the speedforce, which could also apply to Zoom. But it would make less sense.

I still don't quite get the time wraith either.
Former speedsters who died, and are now hunting speed I assume.

PreFire

If Zolomon killed his past self, how is his alive?

If Zolomon took his past self into the present time, why doesn't Zolomon remember what to do since the time between present and past should have happened and would be a part of his memory?

Or why doesn't he get effected once he does take his past self? He already lived his life leading to the point where he is Zoom. So going back, and disrupting the process in which he becomes the thing he is right now should have paradoxical consequences. His plan ends in failure (his past self dies, supposedly agreed to it LMAO) but he's still somehow Zoom, blue lightning, demonic voice and bad ass suit. Besides killing his past self, just the fact that he took his past self into the present time, when that never happened in the first place (no loop here) should have changed the future almost immediately.

Which is why I think he took his past self from either an alternate timeline, or a different earth. Or maybe I just don't understand this time remnant shit.

Or just lazy writing.

The Light

Would anybody be annoyed if Eobard became the main threat again in a later season? Dude is too smart to believe Barry about him going back to the future.

Kyoufu

The end of season one implies Barry stop his mother's death and then had to go back again to stop himself from doing it.

Or that present Barry doesn't want anything to change so he tells past Barry to not save her.

Would be cool to see a Flashpoint Paradox happen on the TV show but I doubt they'll do it.

Joni

Fixed that for you.
Two Marvel movies compared to one DC episode. It is understandable to put it in terms like that, although he has more experience with other stuff like The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Yes, literally a few episodes ago.
What has really changed for Barry? Pied Piper isn't a villain anymore, but Barry is still the same and he doesn't even remember what has changed. A speedster seems incapable of being affected by changes in his past.

Two Marvel movies compared to one DC episode. It is understandable to put it in terms like that, although he has more experience with other stuff like The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

What has really changed for Barry? Pied Piper isn't a villain anymore, but Barry is still the same and he doesn't even remember what has changed. A speedster seems incapable of being affected by changes in his past.

I don't think that's how it works. Even with the flashpoint storyline from the comics the flash still had all of his memories from the original timeline and I believe it took time for the new memories to reassert themselves.

XAL

Was referring to
DOS02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom