• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Kind of a nothing episode outside of Zoom/Caitlyn
Non-offensive if it was slotted in the first half of a season, but boring at this stage in the game.

The reveal of Jay Garrick as the man in the mask is gonna fall completely flat

Uhm, are you guys openly discussing spoilers here?

No. The "Jesse Quick" references in the show are all pointing to long-time Flash character Jesse Quick.

tumblr_mzop8rgaEx1tn15mao1_1280.jpg

Jesse_Quick_Flash_1.jpg

Like Wally, we're mostly assuming she's get speed powers of some sort.

Yesssssss.

Luigi87

Kind of a nothing episode outside of Zoom/Caitlyn
Non-offensive if it was slotted in the first half of a season, but boring at this stage in the game.

The reveal of Jay Garrick as the man in the mask is gonna fall completely flat

Barry: "Who are you?"

Real Jay: "I'm Jay Garrick."

Barry: "... Okay, fuck this. Can't deal. I'm out."

Zavist

I think Zoom is one of the coolest bad guys I've seen on tv. It would be awesome if this show was rated M.

For me Reverse Flash was way better and more interesting. Once they made Zoom just another person and not force of nature he lost his charm to me.

Xemnas89

I think Zoom is one of the coolest bad guys I've seen on tv. It would be awesome if this show was rated M.

The costume design for Zoom is fantastic and Tony Todd kills it with the voice. Everything he does as Zoom has been great. What you think of the man behind the mask decides how much you really like the character though. I don't mind Hunter so I like the whole thing but some people lost some interest in Zoom after the reveal.

TTOOLL

Really late here because I watched last week's episode today together with last night's...Barry giving his Speed Force like that doesn't make any sense, he was faster than Jay, they were hanging out inside the lab like friends, he should have done something. I did not make sense, I repeat myself.

PreFire

I actually enjoyed the episode. No flash, but it was still fun for me.

Anyone figure out the last tap codes?

Also, I'm probably wrong.. But it looked like John Wesley Shipp's eyes through the eye openings in the mask..

It wouldn't make sense though, since he's an Allen.. Would make more sense if it were Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) from another earth.. I hope it's not Hunter's dad.. That would be so fucking dumb.

I need to know how they will fix Jay Garrick's name in this show.

Also, particle accelerator is going to be a horrible idea lol.. It's going to make some new meta-humans get powers, definitely going to give Jesse, Wally and possibly Patty their connection to the speed force..

As for Barry, since they probably can't pinpoint where lightning will strike (and the possibility of it "choosing" Barry a second time are low) I wonder if they will use a manufactured source-possibly stronger than lightning (if such a thing exists).. Giving Barry even more powers. Also, Wally was psyched about Flash - loved it.

I just want the Barry we deserve. Confident, brilliant, won't second guess himself, a comic relief.. One who can come up with cool speed moves on his own, and not bad guy speedsters. Dude taught him how to throw lightning lol.. Just for Zoom to catch it and toss it back to him.

I bet when the real Jay Garrick is freed, we'll get some Western style music and then he and Zoom will battle each other across the two earths while Barry is out of commission.

This way, Barry rescues the real Jay and they can immediately do justice to just how insanely awesome the character is in one episode.

I can imagine him putting on his winged helmet as Zoom stares at him in horror and then... "No more, Hunter."

Cue ass kicking into oblivion.

Joni

To me the lowest episode of season 2, but still not bad. I like Jesse so her being back is good to me (when will she get her speed?).

I'm guessing, together with Wally and Barry in a freak particle accelerator accident. Well, the accident being that they mess up and hit Wally/Jesse as well.

Joni

So do the comics portray Barry Allen is being the least fast of all of the Flashes or is that just a CW thing?

Usually, The Flash that is headlining the comics gets the honor of being the fastest. So Barry being slow changes from time to time. The CW show must however be the only time where he has the honor of being the slowest despite leading the show.

Usually, The Flash that is headlining the comics gets the honor of being the fastest. So Barry being slow changes from time to time. The CW show must however be the only time where he has the honor of being the slowest despite leading the show.

Well, this is Barry at the start of his career. He'll get faster and faster over the course of the series.

Ashhong

Also, I'm probably wrong.. But it looked like John Wesley Shipp's eyes through the eye openings in the mask..

It wouldn't make sense though, since he's an Allen.. Would make more sense if it were Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) from another earth.. I hope it's not Hunter's dad.. That would be so fucking dumb.

I need to know how they will fix Jay Garrick's name in this show.

Also, particle accelerator is going to be a horrible idea lol.. It's going to make some new meta-humans get powers, definitely going to give Jesse, Wally and possibly Patty their connection to the speed force..

As for Barry, since they probably can't pinpoint where lightning will strike (and the possibility of it "choosing" Barry a second time are low) I wonder if they will use a manufactured source-possibly stronger than lightning (if such a thing exists).. Giving Barry even more powers. Also, Wally was psyched about Flash - loved it.

I just want the Barry we deserve. Confident, brilliant, won't second guess himself, a comic relief.. One who can come up with cool speed moves on his own, and not bad guy speedsters. Dude taught him how to throw lightning lol.. Just for Zoom to catch it and toss it back to him.

Preview spoilers
it looks like they use a lightning rod of some sort as well as a machine to get the lightning, so similar to flashpoint

Is it confirmed anywhere that is teddy sears under the mask? I don't see how it could be him as jay garrick from another world. Why would this guy jay look the same as hunter

Joni

Well, this is Barry at the start of his career. He'll get faster and faster over the course of the series.

He does clearly need to stop lying about being the fastest man alive in his introduction. Or he needs to start introducing some notations, including 'born in the current century' and 'from the current Earth'.

He does clearly need to stop lying about being the fastest man alive in his introduction. Or he needs to start introducing some notations, including 'born in the current century' and 'from the current Earth'.

What if he's narrating from the future :O

XAL

It's definitely is his father. Older dude using POW codes.

Cisco vibe-ing and seeing into Zoom's lair through the eyes of the man in the iron mask, because the helmet is Hunter's father's helmet from wartime.

Probably went back in time trying to stop his dad from killing his mom or something and threw his ass in a cube to rot.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Cisco vibe-ing and seeing into Zoom's lair through the eyes of the man in the iron mask, because the helmet is Hunter's father's helmet from wartime.

Probably went back in time trying to stop his dad from killing his mom or something and threw his ass in a cube to rot.
Well, if it was his dad, and given how his dad was acting...

"You go away and now you're changed!"
"Son, you need to see this."

I imagine that Hunter abducted his dad to train him to kill his mom in front of him. It wasn't payback. It was an intentional act of self creation.

openrob

Yeah can see Cisco vibing after iron mask is released and seeing things from his perspective instead, and everyone being surprised lol

What if he's narrating from the future :O

I'd like that. It would still make sense and without being specific they can't dig themselves into a hole, like the Arrow writers did with their intro.

My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive.

My name is Oliver Queen. After five years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city.

My name is Oliver Queen, after five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city.

Which one, Oliver? Which one is it?!

Can't wait for the intro during the
Russia
flashbacks next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom