• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

Well, if it was his dad, and given how his dad was acting...

"You go away and now you're changed!"
"Son, you need to see this."

I imagine that Hunter abducted his dad to train him to kill his mom in front of him. It wasn't payback. It was an intentional act of self creation.

That would be completely insane but part of me would like to see that.

Joni

I'd like that. It would still make sense and without being specific they can't dig themselves into a hole, like the Arrow writers did with their intro.

My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive.

My name is Oliver Queen. After five years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city.

My name is Oliver Queen, after five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal: to save my city.

Which one, Oliver? Which one is it?!

Can't wait for the intro during the
Russia
flashbacks next season.

Oliver at least is used to lying to us. Barry is lying to himself.

It's definitely is his father. Older dude using POW codes.

Cisco vibe-ing and seeing into Zoom's lair through the eyes of the man in the iron mask, because the helmet is Hunter's father's helmet from wartime.

Probably went back in time trying to stop his dad from killing his mom or something and threw his ass in a cube to rot.

I reckon time travel to stop Hunter's dad could give rise to a nice version ("Jay") raised by his mother.

Kyoufu

The POW code thing does make it seem like he'd be his father, but I'm not sure why we'd care if it were his father unless the flashbacks are wrong and it was Hunter who killed his own mother instead? Doesn't really make much sense to me if that were the case.

Not that much of this season has made any real sense...

Kyoufu

Well he hasn't learnt to think in the speed force yet then I guess.

Guys let's keep up hope though, Flash won't just pull am Arrow on us...right?

Well I for one am enjoying this season despite the questionable writing. It's nowhere close to Arrow levels of bad or anything.

Well he hasn't learnt to think in the speed force yet then I guess.

Guys let's keep up hope though, Flash won't just pull am Arrow on us...right?

I'm sure you've realized that most of us like to joke around with the show lol. I, for one, am enjoying nearly everything so far. The writing is spotty, that's true.

There's no way that Flash will get to the levels of Heroes bad and I love Heroes. Heroes is the lowest any superhero show can dive to and so far not many, if at all, have reached Heroes level as of yet.

KonradLaw

Well I for one am enjoying this season despite the questionable writing. It's nowhere close to Arrow levels of bad or anything.

I'm not sure if Arrow hasn]t actually been better this year, when directly comparing the episodes that air in one week. Before break especially Arrow was a lot better. It stumbled hard after return and Flash did better, but for the last two eps Arrow was once again the better show those weeks.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Here's what I don't understand; Wells gave Barry the lecture of a lifetime when he wanted to timetravel again, because timetraveling is dangerous and last time Barry timetraveled all kinds of bad shit happened.

And now Wells wants to create a new Particle Accelerator explosion? Why? Because that went so well the last time and totally didn't create evil meta-humans across Central City the last time?

Patryn

It's XS. She is a member of the Legion of Super Heroes and I think a decedent of Barry.

She's Barry's granddaughter (or she was, pre-New 52... now I have no idea if she exists anymore, since technically her future ceased to exist when the Archie Legion, which I loved, got killed off by Johns in his ongoing quest to replace everything modern with its Silver Age equivalent... and that was even before the New 52 happened).

It will be cool to see them do a take on flashpoint to give Barry back his speed.

Im hoping that DickWells and Jesse are still there next seasob, more so DickWells because he is great in the show

Kyoufu

Here's what I don't understand; Wells gave Barry the lecture of a lifetime when he wanted to timetravel again, because timetraveling is dangerous and last time Barry timetraveled all kinds of bad shit happened.

And now Wells wants to create a new Particle Accelerator explosion? Why? Because that went so well the last time and totally didn't create evil meta-humans across Central City the last time?

It doesn't necessarily have to be on the scale of a city-wide explosion. Eobard Thawne recreated the effect in the far future and that was probably confined to his laboratory.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

My guess is he's trying to create a smaller version with energy output he can control. Channel the accelerator energy into Barry and shock him with electricity probably.

Magwik

Banned

I think you guys are taking that line too literal. Replicate the particle accelerator explosion doesn't have to mean on a city wide scale. You can replicate things in a controlled environment.

Jesse Quick is gonna casually walk into the new particle accelerator explosion. Good thing they have a high quality red female speedster suit lying around :)

I think you guys are taking that line too literal. Replicate the particle accelerator explosion doesn't have to mean on a city wide scale. You can replicate things in a controlled environment.

And why didn't Eobard do that in the first place?

Actually why am I even asking... the show needed it to happen that way to give rise to other metahumans that Barry could fight.

Magwik

Banned
And why didn't Eobard do that in the first place?

Actually why am I even asking... the show needed it to happen that way to give rise to other metahumans that Barry could fight.
Because he doesn't care about the lives of others? Seems pretty clear cut to me. Plus I can't see Barry volunteering to be experimented on and such either.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

My guess is he's trying to create a smaller version with energy output he can control. Channel the accelerator energy into Barry and shock him with electricity probably.

It doesn't necessarily have to be on the scale of a city-wide explosion. Eobard Thawne recreated the effect in the far future and that was probably confined to his laboratory.

Particle accelarators need to be big because of the curvature of the tube. It's not something you can easily scale down unless you find a way to curve particles in a MUCH steeper curve.

Kyoufu

Particle accelarators need to be big because of the curvature of the tube. It's not something you can easily scale down unless you find a way to curve particles in a MUCH steeper curve.

They shrunk down that Tachyon device into Barry's Flash badge thing on his suit. I'm sure they can reduce the size of the particle accelerator.

Plot is a wonderful thing.

Magwik

Banned
Its a show where "goes fast" is a scientifical equation. They aren't just going to blow up the city again for fun.

Joni

You could maybe limit the particle effects to the accelerator itself. They have to be big, but you don't need to explode an entire city.

Joni

It bodes well, but if they only introduce him so late, I hope it is a clear joiner for the full season 3 and not something they'll rush in a couple of episodes now and then.

Luigi87

Well, if it was his dad, and given how his dad was acting...

"You go away and now you're changed!"
"Son, you need to see this."

I imagine that Hunter abducted his dad to train him to kill his mom in front of him. It wasn't payback. It was an intentional act of self creation.

What if Hunter's dad didn't kill his mother...
What if it was Hunter himself from the future, traveling back, kidnapped his father, then posed as his own father to kill his mother in order to start himself down this timeline.

... I mean, it could happen.

KonradLaw

I've been thinking. And I don't get the loosing powers stuff. If all Zoom took was Barry's speedforce, why can't they just hit him with lighting like they did in S1? Did that device revert the dna changes of particle accelerator? If so why can't they use it to cure everyone else?

Sephzilla

... That actually has possibility to it. It would fully piece together all of the glimpses Barry saw when he traveled to Earth-2 originally.

I just refuse to believe that the 90s Flash easter egg we saw plus the fact that Barry's dad has been kept off the show most of the season aren't connected

Luigi87

Of course it could have just been an Easter egg... I mean considering how they completely glossed over him traveling to Supergirl's Earth.

Kyoufu

... That actually has possibility to it. It would fully piece together all of the glimpses Barry saw when he traveled to Earth-2 originally.

We still haven't seen Barry in prison yet.

We also haven't seen Killer Frost say "But it's so much more fun to be baaaaaaaaad" in a seductive manner. I guess that one was cut? :(

Luigi87

We still haven't seen Barry in prison yet.

We also haven't seen Killer Frost say "But it's so much more fun to be baaaaaaaaad" in a seductive manner. I guess that one was cut? :(

Hm, true. I forgot about the glimpses he saw when dealing with the black hole.

I always thought the man in the mask was either Jay or Henry Allen. I'm leaning towards Jay but there's a good chance the actor in there now is a stand-in rather than the person playing whoever her turns out to be.

who the fuck knows at this stage?

I didn't mind this week's show since Caitlin got to do more interesting stuff than usual. Sisco's had quite a bit to do this season but all Caitlin's done is grieve for Ronnie and make goo goo eyes at Jay.

ZeroX03

Banned
I always thought the man in the mask was either Jay or Henry Allen. I'm leaning towards Jay but there's a good chance the actor in there now is a stand-in rather than the person playing whoever her turns out to be.

who the fuck knows at this stage?

Teddy Sears wasn't in the Zoom costume until the reveal, using stunt team in the outfit is probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom