• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The persons who could be the man in the iron mask are Jay and Henry.

The man in the iron mask was teriffied when he saw Jay's dead body. Why would Henry be terrified by that? I mean, sure, he would probably be scared because he may think that he's next, but I don't think he would be that terrified.

Zoom doesn't care about the man in the iron mask, as he said to Caitlin that he will die if she tries to free him. If he was Henry, then he would be already dead or he would be used by Zoom to take Barry's speed. The only person that could be useful for Zoom (so he's not already dead) would be Jay. Maybe because of the timeline or something else.

We still haven't seen Barry in prison yet.

We also haven't seen Killer Frost say "But it's so much more fun to be baaaaaaaaad" in a seductive manner. I guess that one was cut? :(
The Flash Museum, too. That'd make for a great Legends of Tomorrow episode, actually.

Xemnas89

We still haven't seen Barry in prison yet.

We also haven't seen Killer Frost say "But it's so much more fun to be baaaaaaaaad" in a seductive manner. I guess that one was cut? :(

That Killer Frost line was just from a trailer though so likely just hit the cutting room floor.

Kyoufu

The man in the mask is obviously earth one Eddie.

We're led to believe that Zoom keeps him around because he need him for something. What exactly does he need Earth-1 Eddie for? Leverage? He used Wally as ransom instead.

So nah, I don't see it being Eddie-1. He's got nothing to do with Hunter Zolomon and he wouldn't know the POW code.

tim1138

The man in the mask is gonna be Jason Blood, he's not tapping out the name Jay, but the letter j. Zoom has him in the mask so he can't turn into Etrigan.

it's not gonna be anywhere near this cool

Man in the Iron Mask is going to be Jay. They need to stop playing and saying that the reveal will shock and awe us.

Wait.... blow our minds... What if the man gets revealed and right after he is done his head explodes? That would explain how the reveal will blow our minds!

Honestly, if it is Jay they better have a damn good reason for everything then.
Not getting my hopes up because of the supposed last episode info being spoiled.

wamberz1

The man in the mask is gonna be Jason Blood, he's not tapping out the name Jay, but the letter j. Zoom has him in the mask so he can't turn into Etrigan.

it's not gonna be anywhere near this cool

I was thinking the same thing at work today haha

"like okay who needs to be gagged to keep their powers at bay theres A: all the marvels and pigs will fly before WB lets the CW use them

Then there's also... *GASP*"

Not gonna happen but I would lose my shit

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If the man in the iron mask isn't Jay Garrick then where did Zoom learn the very specific name 'Jay Garrick'?

If the man in the iron mask isn't Jay Garrick then where did Zoom learn the very specific name 'Jay Garrick'?

oR0qTdS.gif

carlsojo

Theory: The mask is somehow a means of stealing his face/appearance, thus Zoom/Hunter is able to look like Jay and steal his identity. "to take hope from people" or whatever.

Xemnas89

Theory: The mask is somehow a means of stealing his face/appearance, thus Zoom/Hunter is able to look like Jay and steal his identity. "to take hope from people" or whatever.

He had that face when he was in the asylum before getting his powers so I don't think it's that. It's probably Jay though and the mask both hides his identity and dampens his powers so he can't use them to get out.

Kyoufu

What if...

James Zolomon killed his wife because she had an affair with another man, Jay Garrick Sr, who she had been seeing for many years, who could have fathered twins (Hunter & Jay). She planned to leave Zolomon when he returned from war but he took it badly and killed her along with himself afterwards.

I mean, there's got to be a reason, ANY reason for that tragic event. Why did she want to leave him?

Xemnas89

Could Damien Dahrk win vs Zoom?

Zoom should be able to run in a kill Dahrk before Dahrk even knew what happened.

What if...

James Zolomon killed his wife because she had an affair with another man, Jay Garrick Sr, who she had been seeing for many years, who could have fathered twins (Hunter & Jay). She planned to leave Zolomon when he returned from war but he took it badly and killed her along with himself afterwards.

I mean, there's got to be a reason, ANY reason for that tragic event. Why did she want to leave him?

James Zolomon didn't kill himself he went to jail. Still everything else you said is as good a guess as any.

What if...

Your guess is as good as mine.

Magwik

Banned
What if...

I would assume him beating her is a good reason for her to want to leave

ZeroX03

Banned
I like how the producers played us. We spent the first half of the season guessing who Zoom was, when that didn't work out so well they made us guess again. Good Grodd.

Kyoufu

I would assume him beating her is a good reason for her to want to leave

Seemed like he got mad because she said she's leaving him.

But *shrug* maybe the writers don't have anything else left for his origin story.

If the man in the mask is the real Jay Garrick then he wasn't a speedster or a hero because Hunter says he discovered another speedster (Barry) when the sky opened.

Just reveal who the man in the mask is pls. I don't even enjoy speculating about this because of the poor/confusing writing so far.

Joni

Man in the Iron Mask is going to be Jay. They need to stop playing and saying that the reveal will shock and awe us.

In essense, it is the character that will surprise them but it is the actor should surprise us. If it is Jay, but he looks nothing like anyone we know, than it doesn't matter.

Xemnas89

IGN did an interview with Carlos Valdes and he talked about the man in the iron mask

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...n-the-mask-reveal-will-resolve-zoom-mysteries

"When I first found out who it was, I was thrown for a loop," Valdes said. "You don't understand why it's this person until you go into the story behind how this person got into the cell, why Zoom took them hostage and put them in the cell. You cannot make sense - there's no way of making sense of why that person is in the mask until it is explained. But I think that explanation is very satisfactory. It takes loops and turns, and it's a riveting story that makes sense within Zoom's chronology and his story and his motivations."

Joni

Interesting to hear that they will at least explain the origins of the masked guy. Was a bit afraid they wouldn't touch it this year.

Sober

The man in the mask is Barry from the future, or season 3 Barry. They don't stop Zoom in S2, instead he gets captured and now they have to make Wally the Flash and spend at least half a season helping him get fast enough to defeat Zoom.

How did the masked man know to warn them about Jay? Barry.

How did the masked man know the tap code? Barry learned it from ... you guessed it, Barry!

wibbly wobbly timey whimey

/s....peedforce

So they're going to delve into this deep story in the final episode okay...
The first two seasons were an origin story this WHOLE TIME!

ZeroX03

Banned
CW's Suit Up Promo

"Just another Joker in a mask"
*cuts to Mark Hamill Trickster*

John Wesley Shipp's 90s Flash is in there. They should retcon that TV show so he was actually Jay Garrick in that Universe. Although Barry had a brother called Jay Allen in that continuity. Uhhh

Joni

John Wesley Shipp's 90s Flash is in there. They should retcon that TV show so he was actually Jay Garrick in that Universe. Although Barry had a brother called Jay Allen in that continuity. Uhhh
Oh. Oh. It could be happening! He must have taken his brothers name.
It probably won't be the case, but if they follow through on that show, it could be an amazing way to tie together shows.

Xemnas89

Oh. Oh. It could be happening! He must have taken his brothers name.
It probably won't be the case, but if they follow through on that show, it could be an amazing way to tie together shows.

Even if none of that happens I feel like it would be a waste if they didn't have Barry travel to the world of the 90's Flash at some point.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Could Damien Dahrk win vs Zoom?

Flash had no idea who Dharrk was and stomped him offhandedly.

What if Hunter's dad didn't kill his mother...
What if it was Hunter himself from the future, traveling back, kidnapped his father, then posed as his own father to kill his mother in order to start himself down this timeline.

... I mean, it could happen.
So then he sat in prison just for the sake of his master plan? No wonder the time remnant was cool with killing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom