• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE FLASH - "Invincible"

KATIE CASSIDY GUEST STARS AS BLACK SIREN – After Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) unleashes an army of Earth-2 meta-humans on Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is shaken when he sees their leader is the Black Canary’s Earth-2 doppelganger, the Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) takes to the streets to help The Flash stop the meta-humans, which worries Joe (Jesse L. Martin). Iris (Candice Patton) and Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) are concerned about Barry taking on Zoom. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Brooke Roberts & David Kob.

Shaanyboi

Banned
CW's Suit Up Promo

"Just another Joker in a mask"
*cuts to Mark Hamill Trickster*

John Wesley Shipp's 90s Flash is in there. They should retcon that TV show so he was actually Jay Garrick in that Universe. Although Barry had a brother called Jay Allen in that continuity. Uhhh

Why the fuck are they using clips from the Birds of Prey show? It's dead! Things were going so well, we didn't have to acknowledge it!

I've liked Teddy Sears all season but I don't think they gave him enough to do after his debut episode at least when it comes to playing "Jay." I do like the way he's playing Hunter now that everything is out in the open.

He's far more entertaining playing a unhinged lunatic. I can't help but chuckle at that crazed giggle he makes after explaining the whole time remnant thing.

Ashhong

Zoom should be able to run in a kill Dahrk before Dahrk even knew what happened.

James Zolomon didn't kill himself he went to jail. Still everything else you said is as good a guess as any.

I could have sworn they said James Zolomon killed his wife and then himself?

He shot his wife, but we don't know if he killed himself. The next scene is Hunter arriving at an orphanage, which would also happen if James got locked up and Hunter had no other family who would take him.

Xemnas89

When Wells is talking about Hunter later in the episode he says that his father was sent to prison.

He's far more entertaining playing a unhinged lunatic. I can't help but chuckle at that crazed giggle he makes after explaining the whole time remnant thing.

I would agree so far. I liked the way he played his scenes with Caitlin in the last episode.

Kyoufu

Is there a gif of Zoom phasing through Caitlin?

zoomfrostsujkc.gif

I love Zoom.

Xemnas89

Yup. Definitely plays a better unhinged lunatic.

I think I saw BoP but I think I didn't quite like it lol.

I was so hyped for Birds of Prey back then. I didn't even know anything about it but I remember they showed batman and catwoman in some early promos and I got excited. It certainly didn't live up to the hype I had but I finished it. It had the only live action Harley Quinn till Suicide Squad came around.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why would Griffin Grey even be looking for Wells? Grey is from Earth 1 and as far as he (and the rest of the world) knows Wells is dead. That's why Harry always wears that "disguise" when he goes out in public. Did he just happen to walk by at the exact moment that Wells was looking for Jesse? Grey stalking Jesse and waiting for Wells doesn't make sense either because nobody on Earth 1 knows their relationship.

Killer Frost was talking just like Captain Cold. That must be the go-to villain vocal inflection in the DC universe haha.

I did enjoy the opening scene. Contrasting Barry's morning routine with powers with his current depowered life.

The stinger with Wells wanting to create another particle accelerator explosion was cool, at least.

Why would Griffin Grey even be looking for Wells? Grey is from Earth 1 and as far as he (and the rest of the world) knows Wells is dead. That's why Harry always wears that "disguise" when he goes out in public. Did he just happen to walk by at the exact moment that Wells was looking for Jesse? Grey stalking Jesse and waiting for Wells doesn't make sense either because nobody on Earth 1 knows their relationship.

Killer Frost was talking just like Captain Cold. That must be the go-to villain vocal inflection in the DC universe haha.

I did enjoy the opening scene. Contrasting Barry's morning routine with powers with his current depowered life.

The stinger with Wells wanting to create another particle accelerator explosion was cool, at least.
Maybe that's just for ice villains. Gotta warm up the larynx.

If they make Ice rogues and heroes use puns and use heavy emphasization on their words, that would be glorious. I thought of a ice pun but I wasn't warming up to it.

Volimar

CW's Suit Up Promo

"Just another Joker in a mask"
*cuts to Mark Hamill Trickster*

John Wesley Shipp's 90s Flash is in there. They should retcon that TV show so he was actually Jay Garrick in that Universe. Although Barry had a brother called Jay Allen in that continuity. Uhhh

Was that the old birds of prey show?
Black Canary had a daughter?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Even for early 2000s WB, Birds of Prey was cheap and cheesy. And that says something. I don't even think I made it through all of the pilot.

The man in the mask is Barry from the future, or season 3 Barry. They don't stop Zoom in S2, instead he gets captured and now they have to make Wally the Flash and spend at least half a season helping him get fast enough to defeat Zoom.

How did the masked man know to warn them about Jay? Barry.

How did the masked man know the tap code? Barry learned it from ... you guessed it, Barry!

wibbly wobbly timey whimey

/s....peedforce

The first two seasons were an origin story this WHOLE TIME!

Out of all the theories, this sounds the most entertaining. I like it!

Kyoufu

Its funny, cause i see you in arrow threads complainimg about that shows quality and yet you're celebrating one of the most cringworthy lines in allow of arrowverse.

Well, let's see. I enjoy watching Zoom/Hunter Zolomon on screen being the comic book villain that he is.

I don't enjoy watching Felicity cry about being in love and suddenly being cured of paralysis during a break-up.

And if we're really going down the "cringeworthy lines" in Arrowverse road then guess what buddy, there would be a long, long list of them. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy them.

Edit: Why am I defending my stance on why Arrow is a shitshow? It's common knowledge. Not even Kevin Smith watches that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom