• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

What a great episode. Incredible ending.

Question on prior scene this season. What is the significance of Hunter Zolomon sitting at the park bench when "Jay" and Caitlin were looking for his doppleganger? Has it been explained who the park bench guy was?
Hunter Zolomon, except not an asshole

Question on prior scene this season. What is the significance of Hunter Zolomon sitting at the park bench when "Jay" and Caitlin were looking for his doppleganger? Has it been explained who the park bench guy was?

Hunter Zolomon of Earth-1. Was pretty much intended to be foreshadowing the fact that "Jay" was actually Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon.

E1 Hunter is just a normal, not insane guy, though.

I had no idea the Legion of Collector's DC TV box would get a Jay Garrick Pop, I'm very sad I missed out because those scalper prices...

If you ever order a future box, an option will appear afterwards to order previous boxes.

Mine should be coming in the mail one of these days...

PreFire

Either earth 1 doppelgänger or the time remnant, or zoom.

Barry gonna come back faster hopefully.

So I have to buy the Suicide Squad box just to order the DC TV one? I really just want Jay Garrick lol.

Basically, yeah. It'd still probably cost less than buying it from someone else. Hah.

I suppose you could order the Suicide Squad box, then order the DCTV one, then cancel the former.

I suspect Jesse's might come sooner, she already had a shot of speed and is a recurring who can run back to Earth-2 at the end of the season.

Yea, the chances of hers appearing sooner are better compared to Wally's. Wally's would probably be a cliffhanger or near the beginning of season 3.

One or both of them will be in a coma with one having a speedy recovery due to speed force and the other barely recovering. Jesse awakes, speeds away without knowing it, confused, calls Dad, they run tests on her, confirmed speedster.

Wally stays in a coma, Joe by his side, Joe rambles on about family stuff, Joe's holding Wally's hand, Wally's hand moves and grips Joe's hand, the camera zooms up to Wally's eyes and we are left with the speed force running through his eyes.

Getting rid of Zoom, Jesse is now her Earth's 2nd Flash. Jay returns to his Earth after the reveal. Barry returns and is now a better speed force user, with his new found ways in using the speed force he gives some speed force to Jay. Jay trains Jesse along with Wells. Barry trains Wally. Season 3 will focus on Grodd attacking both Earths by sending his army to attack the speedster family.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bolstered by last week's episode, it looks like the reviewer at AV Club feels like he can get away with giving this episode a
C, too.

What is with this reviewer? It's like all their scores are the reverse of what should they be.

Basically, yeah. It'd still probably cost less than buying it from someone else. Hah.

I suppose you could order the Suicide Squad box, then order the DCTV one, then cancel the former.

Might try that, thanks.

KevinCow

Banned
So where does Barry's appearance on Supergirl fit in? On Supergirl, it seemed like he was wearing a device on his chest that allowed him to jump dimensions if he ran fast enough. But they never made that device on The Flash. So I'm confused.

Nabs

So where does Barry's appearance on Supergirl fit in? On Supergirl, it seemed like he was wearing a device on his chest that allowed him to jump dimensions if he ran fast enough. But they never made that device on The Flash. So I'm confused.

Did you miss the episode 18?

It's in the first few minutes of episode 18.

That was a fantastic episode. This week is going to take forever. Surely Barry is coming back somehow but I'm curious if Wally and Jessie have their powers now like the comics

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What is with this reviewer? It's like all their scores are the reverse of what should they be.

I wish they could hand off reviewing duties if they just aren't feeling it because this reviewer just doesn't really like the show. That would be fine if the reviewer was more critical of it, but as it stands he doesn't like the show and doesn't really feel like defending his opinion either, so his reviews often feel like they're written for the audience insofar as what he can get away with instead of being a legitimate review.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wish they could hand off reviewing duties if they just aren't feeling it because this reviewer just doesn't really like the show. That would be fine if the reviewer was more critical of it, but as it stands he doesn't like the show and doesn't really feel like defending his opinion either, so his reviews often feel like they're written for the audience insofar as what he can get away with instead of being a legitimate review.

Normally the end of a show's season is when reviewing duties get passed along, hopefully they drop it and another reviewer picks up the slack.

The sad thing is that these whacky scores actually matter, the AV Club is the defacto metacritic in some writer's circles.

maybe show runners will have the balls to keep Barry dead till the next mid season finale and switch to Wally being the lead. Shit would be awesome.

Cafeman

Random thoughts about the Garrick. So, if E-2 Barry's dad is not "Henry Allen" but took his mother's unmarried name of "Garrick", is he Henry Garrick, or perhaps she named him Jay Garrick? Is that what you got from the name drop this episode? But why wouldn't Barry be Barry Garrick then? And when E1 gang were with E2 Barry & Iris, did anybody mention "Jay Garrick" when they still thought he was E2's Flash? I can't remember - but if related, E2 Barry would have said something.

NoTacos

That ending really reminded me of
The Death of Barry Allen during Crisis on Infinite Worlds.

The guy literally took a ton of anti-matter radiation and disintegrated into thin air
. Of course we all know how that story goes.

Still, I marked the fuck out.

NoTacos

maybe show runners will have the balls to keep Barry dead till the next mid season finale and switch to Wally being the lead. Shit would be awesome.

Nah. Wally and Jessie would get destroyed, even with their new found powers. Zoom is just at a whole other level right now.

Luigi87

Random thoughts about the Garrick. So, if E-2 Barry's dad is not "Henry Allen" but took his mother's unmarried name of "Garrick", is he Henry Garrick, or perhaps she named him Jay Garrick? Is that what you got from the name drop this episode? But why wouldn't Barry be Barry Garrick then? And when E1 gang were with E2 Barry & Iris, did anybody mention "Jay Garrick" when they still thought he was E2's Flash? I can't remember - but if related, E2 Barry would have said something.

Well Jay Garrick could be Barry-2's uncle/Henry-2's brother (or even a cousin).

Remember Killer Frost mentioned that she had siblings, in spite of Caitlin being an only child.

ZeroX03

Banned
while that may be true... Jay
dies to further the plot
. you sure you want this to go there?

I know, there's going to be some retconning if they want to introduce The Flash (1990) as canon and the Jay Garrick we know. Or maybe it'll just be an inspiration.

Still it looks like we're getting the Jay Garrick we deserve. Can you imagine John Wesley Shipp with that theme song playing and that helmet?

flash-jay-garrick-15-1444825099.gif

joesmokey

Now I'm leaning towards the man in the iron mask being
Eddie. They wouldn't have Iris open up to Barry like that unless there was still room for drama in the future.

Cafeman

Barry Allen's brother on The Flash (1990) show was named Jay ;)

I recall. Pike killed him. Anyway, it really seems that the show runners intend to put Shipp in the suit again, somehow. Thing is, Jay Garrick was always a lot older than Barry and Wally...

Poyunch

As soon as I saw Barry's dad with a haircut I realized that he had to be the one in the mask. Why else get a haircut? So you could hide your identity/fit inside the mask.

Why would it be Barry's dad? Wouldn't it be Barry's Great Grandfather if it's his grandma's maiden name?

Wasn't his dad on the answering machine?

Kai

is it just me or did Barry getting blasted look just like the time wraith from a few episodes ago? Would be cool if it is all connected together.

Just because this week's episode was an improvement doesn't erase how stupid everything in that episode was and how childish your "well I liked it, you're all being babies" attitude is.

In fact that episode highlighted there were so many ways they could've traded for Wally better when talking with Henry, just don't have Zoom release him until after he gets his speed.

Please stop you look like a damn fool especially with how you was acting in the Arrow thread. Just stop man it was ridiculous how every one was acting here. You would of thought the show was done. You can call me childish all you want to but what went on in that thread that day was way more childish. That and the fact you just went that route with me now. It's cool though while you seem to be offended by my comments I'm just chillin. I mean I wanted to comeback and just talk more about the episode but you can go ahead and be like this all you want.

I doubt anyone believes that Barry is truly dead (though I’ve already seen a conspiracy theory that WB is forcing this show to kill him off so as not to conflict with the movie universe)./QUOTE]

from the IGN review LOL

My only question now that Wally and Jessie are becoming speedsters is where Wally fits in going forward. It seems clear that the aftermath of all of this will be that Barry is now one with the Speedforce and will be faster than ever. Jessie will most likely become the hero of Earth-2. So where does Wally go? Seems like having two Flashes on one show every week would be overkill.

My only question now that Wally and Jessie are becoming speedsters is where Wally fits in going forward. It seems clear that the aftermath of all of this will be that Barry is now one with the Speedforce and will be faster than ever. Jessie will most likely become the hero of Earth-2. So where does Wally go? Seems like having two Flashes on one show every week would be overkill.
They could always pretend he doesn't exist like DC tried to do for years after Flash:Rebirth

Sidekick. Handles the weaker rogues while Barry fights the b or a tier rogues.

That was ok, the last 5 minutes were baller. However I wish the preview
didn't spoil that Barry's coming back. It would have been very bold and interesting if Barry was just done for the rest of the season. Maybe Kid Flash and Jesse Quick need to take him down, maybe getting mentored from 1990's Flash.

I doubt anyone believes that Barry is truly dead (though I’ve already seen a conspiracy theory that WB is forcing this show to kill him off so as not to conflict with the movie universe)./QUOTE]

from the IGN review LOL

Lol that was probably going around here too. After(Arrow Spoiler)
Waller got killed people feared everyone was gonna die that was apart the DCCU

didn't spoil that Barry's coming back. It would have been very bold and interesting if Barry was just done for the rest of the season. Maybe Kid Flash and Jesse Quick need to take him down, maybe getting mentored from 1990's Flash.

Yeah that would of been better IMO

Xemnas89

Wally will probably end up being the roy harper of this show. He'll go in and get beat down then barry comes in for the win and leaves while wally is still unconscious.

ZeroX03

Banned
Please stop you look like a damn fool especially with how you was acting in the Arrow thread. Just stop man it was ridiculous how every one was acting here. You would of thought the show was done. You can call me childish all you want to but what went on in that thread that day was way more childish. That and the fact you just went that route with me now. It's cool though while you seem to be offended by my comments I'm just chillin. I mean I wanted to comeback and just talk more about the episode but you can go ahead and be like this all you want.

You're the guy who can't seem to accept that a lot of people didn't like Versus Zoom and feel the need to deride them for it. You could've left well enough alone, but you had to come back two weeks later and bring that shit up again.

People don't like the episode. Accept it. Grow up. Stop mentioning it. You're not better than anyone for liking something they don't.

What's the pointing hiding it? Imagine how anti climactic it would be if
Barry just wasn't around for the rest of the season. Same as Oliver's death on Arrow. The effect on the characters is more important than trying to psyche out the audience.

You're the guy who can't seem to accept that a lot of people didn't like Versus Zoom and feel the need to deride them for it. You could've left well enough alone, but you had to come back two weeks later and bring that shit up again.

People don't like the episode. Accept it. Grow up. Stop mentioning it. You're not better than anyone for liking something they don't.

Like you could of left my quote alone. My line was more directed against the people who thought the show was done but okay
R6qHeV1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom