• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Not really. Hiding a character and lying to the audience for an entire season and using imagery from Flash of Two Worlds represented by a psychopath masquerading as an beloved character only to pull a gotcha at the end of the season is stupid as fuck.
No matter how they write it, it's still convoluted to the nth degree.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saddens me in this day and age that even after The Flash S1 and an S2 most people love, ONE thing sours them on the show. Are we really that lapsed in faith that we go from 'yay' to 'fuck this show' after one twist? One twist which occurs with seven episodes of the season left?

Nobody actually dropped the show though. And it's not like S2 has been entirely on par with S1 in terms of quality. It's sloppier all round. Things didn't have to go this way, the producers didn't do things nearly as well as they could have and now they're aware of it.

I'm all for changing things from the comics, staying true to them isn't always the best idea but you've got to be improve on things if you do.

Also with regards to the Zoom/Deathstroke comparison.

Deathstroke was fucking nuts. Him obsessing over Shado was a result of that. That's pretty much explained.

Zoom being Jay is just...wack. For one you're retreading the "Mentor Character betrays our Protagonist" plot from the first season after just dealing with getting over that betrayal with E-2 Wells. Two. from the looks of things taking the first Flash and making him a known Flash villain is kinda garbage if that's what we end up with by the end of the season. Then third, Zoom lost a lot of his initial scariness after his identity had been discovered and he only barely regained that today. THEN The show bent over backwards and made him stronger due to Barry and Co. being complete idiots.

Its just bad writing tbh.

strafer

holy shit

he's fucking gone man :(

so do you think Wally will have powers now? Seems a little too on the nose that they got out the same time as the thing went off.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Also with regards to the Zoom/Deathstroke comparison.

Deathstroke was fucking nuts. Him obsessing over Shado was a result of that. That's pretty much explained.

Zoom being Jay is just...wack. For one you're retreading the "Mentor Character betrays our Protagonist" plot from the first season after just dealing with getting over that betrayal with E-2 Wells. Two. from the looks of things taking the first Flash and making him a known Flash villain is kinda garbage if that's what we end up with by the end of the season. Then third, Zoom lost a lot of his initial scariness after his identity had been discovered and he only barely regained that today. THEN The show bent over backwards and made him stronger due to Barry and Co. being complete idiots.

Its just bad writing tbh.

Zoom created Jay Garrick, a persona designed to create hope in the lives of people and then took it away at the exact moment it'd do most damage. That seems increasingly meta as fuck given the way this thread's going.

Zoom created Jay Garrick, a persona designed to create hope in the lives of people and then took it away at the exact moment it'd do most damage. That seems increasingly meta as fuck given the way this thread's going.

Too poorly written to be an effective meta jab. Jay had been pretty much useless since he'd been on the show and then the Jay we knew just gets killed off to repeat a Plot beat from Season 1. I don't think anyone was too invested in his character alone for it to really mean anything.

this thread is no where near Arrow levels of complaining. People just don't care for this particular "twist"

Dereck

d7hLRd1.gif

XGGunoQ.jpg

Zoom snaps the necks of like 20 cops in half a second. Barry disintegrates after a failed experiment by Wells to recreate the particle accelerator explosion. Zoom rubs it in everyone's face. Wally and Jessie get caught in the new particle accelerator's flash wave and get KO'ed.

That Flash was Barry. It ran out of the chamber and through the lab. He's a being of pure Speed Force now, until he can regain his physical form.

KonradLaw

Good episode. Scary as fuck Zoom and the reaper meta also looked awesome. Plus..Barry :D

And now we know who the real Jay Garrick on Earth 2 will most likely turn out to be :D

KonradLaw

I love Arrow. Despite the whole Felicity thing going on, I just ignore it. I love it despite it all. Not to say I hate Felicity at all, I just like Arrow that much. Maybe I'm a fool (probably).

Nah. I'm the same. I still like Oliver the most out of tv superheroes and love his villains. The show can stumble and I don't like Olicity drama, but the remainder is more than enough to make it worth watching for me.

Great episode.

I think that Wally and Jesse gained powers and that they will be in a coma for one or two episodes, so Wells won't just be the dude who was wrong about the plan, but he will have his daughter to worry about.
Maybe Barry will outrun Death in the next episode or in episode 22.

KonradLaw

Harry Potter references were the best part of the episode. That disintegration must have been painful.

Since Harry Potter has been confirmed in this universe they really need to introduce Timothy Hunter into the CWverse, if only for all the hilarious comments he would be raising :D
timhunter.jpg

Apt101

Finally catching up with the latest episode. Did that evidence box have the name of Maggog on it? Wasn't he Michael Reid?

Edit: wow, expecto patronum! Got a laugh out of me. Then suddenly Barry going into the speed force? Wally West and Jessie Quick speedsters? Shit I think I'm going to cry.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really hope we don't have 3 good speedsters running around going forward; part of the reason why I started disliking Arrow.

Xemnas89

I really hope we don't have 3 good speedsters running around going forward; part of the reason why I started disliking Arrow.

I'd guess Jessie will go be a hero on Earth-2 and pop up on the show from time to time to help. Wally will be the one to get alot of attention. Maybe Barry will be his mentor and we can finally have a season where the mentor doesn't end up secretly being the villain.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

True, Arrow started being terrible around the same time everyone suited up. Having said that, there were a lot of reasons for the quality drop (Felicity focus, meandering S3 plot, everyone acting uncharacteristically, etc)...

I have faith the Flash writers can handle a team of heroes much better.

tolkir

I laughed when Barry said "one of the cops that zoom killed had a son with my same age etc etc".

Nobody cares cops without sons.

Good episode. I don't know how works the hologram thing but ok.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The reaction to Zooms mass murder was basically "wow that was scary, get the baristas back in here I'm thirsty"

Do you think they'll go a whole episode without bringing Barry back or at least showing he is still alive or will he be back next episode?

Because its going to be a tag team between Flash, Kid Flash, and Jesse Quick to take down Zoom.

Also I have no nostalgia or reverence for Jay so I don't care what they do to his character.

Klyka

Banned
Do you think they'll go a whole episode without bringing Barry back or at least showing he is still alive or will he be back next episode?

Because its going to be a tag team between Flash, Kid Flash, and Jesse Quick to take down Zoom.

Also I have no nostalgia or reverence for Jay so I don't care what they do to his character.

I predict they will show him next episode as some kind of "Speed Ghost" or something.
You know like suddenly an image of him running through the hallway or something.

Btw, one thing I never get is why people like Barry and co won't get any self defense/martial arts training.
Like,you are the Flash. You regularly have to fight people to the death, yet you can't even throw a proper punch without needing a pep talk.
You can't tell me he doesn't have time to train. He can literally train at super speed.

Apt101

From the synopsis on IMDB, I am guessing we'll actually see Barry, living in the Speed Force, moving through time and possibly dimensions. It will probably devote most of its time on the crew sans Barry though. I'm just excited for a super powered Wally West - my Flash. Oh, it's also the Kevin Smith episode and will have Jason Mewes in it. So things could be amazing or cringey. We'll find out.

From the synopsis on IMDB, I am guessing we'll actually see Barry, living in the Speed Force, moving through time and possibly dimensions. It will probably devote most of its time on the crew sans Barry though. I'm just excited for a super powered Wally West - my Flash

Uh, you should spoiler that?

I think they might do one last episode of Barry not being in Human form. They could potentially have Barry appear out of nowhere and drag Zoom into the speed force where they have a speed battle or a race. Barry, (speculating) being the speed force generator, can go for as long as he can and Zoom can't. They go so fast that Zoom, who doesn't quite know how to control his speed force abilities, is absorbed into the speed force for a very long time.

That or they go the Wally route and have Barry rob Zoom of all his speed and freeze him as a statue that has to watch everything pass by him normally. He is forever frozen but alive.

Apt101

I think they might do one last episode of Barry not being in Human form. They could potentially have Barry appear out of nowhere and drag Zoom into the speed force where they have a speed battle or a race. Barry, (speculating) being the speed force generator, can go for as long as he can and Zoom can't. They go so fast that Zoom, who doesn't quite know how to control his speed force abilities, is absorbed into the speed force for a very long time.

That or they go the Wally route and have Barry rob Zoom of all his speed and freeze him as a statue that has to watch everything pass by him normally. He is forever frozen but alive.

It worked in the comics but I think it might be a bit macabre for TV. I hope you're right though.

Btw, one thing I never get is why people like Barry and co won't get any self defense/martial arts training.
Like,you are the Flash. You regularly have to fight people to the death, yet you can't even throw a proper punch without needing a pep talk.
You can't tell me he doesn't have time to train. He can literally train at super speed.

I think they did but I'm not quite sure. Slayven or shoreu would have to chime in here.

I recall they did when I was wondering if Superman knows any martial arts and he does learn martial arts from different people. He also knows Kryptonian Martial Arts.

Apt101

I think they did but I'm not quite sure. Slayven or shoreu would have to chime in here.

I recall they did when I was wondering if Superman knows any martial arts and he does learn martial arts from different people. He also knows Kryptonian Martial Arts.

In the comics Green Arrow mentions that The Justice League conducts regular martial training. I can't remember which comic it was. There was also some offhanded comment from another 'Leaguer who complained that Wonder Woman and Batman were too hard on people in training.

In the comics Green Arrow mentions that The Justice League conducts regular martial training. I can't remember which comic it was. There was also some offhanded comment from another 'Leaguer who complained that Wonder Woman and Batman were too hard on people in training.

For Flash, Barry and Wally, they would be just more OP as they are lol. They have speed, speed kills. Sure they have all the time in the world but they would rather use that time saving lives, stopping crimes, and helping out other heroes (or chow down on Big Belly Burgers).

I don't blame the Flashes for not receiving any or much martial arts training but it would help that they (or Barry) at least know how to throw a punch or kick lol. But I'm sure they've read many of books that teaches the philosophies of martial arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom