• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Here's what we know about Earth-2's Allen family

1) Barry Allen exists there and is a doppelganger of Earth-1 Barry (which we have to assume means he has the same parents as his Earth-1 counterpart)

2) During the phone call, Earth-2 Nora reveals that she and Barry's Father are going to go on vacation in Atlantis. (We can insert some ambiguity here if we want, but it would have to be a scenario where Earth-2 Henry is out of the picture to the point where Nora wouldn't bother to distinguish between him and a Step-Father, but was in the picture enough that Barry would keep the Allen name.)

3) Garrick is Henry's mother's maiden name. We know that there isn't a Jay Garrick on Earth-1, but it is probably safe to assume there was a Jay Garrick on Earth-2. Perhaps an uncle that died in a war on Earth-1 but survived on Earth-2?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That was bloody amazing.

Wally & Jesse get their powers. Barry sucked into the speedforce, Henry is basically confirmed as Jay Garrick or at least his doppleganger is.

Brilliant.

morningbus

dammit, I think I just read a spoiler for who the man in the iron mask is :(
Not in this thread though, In trakt.tv.

Yeah, I doubt that's genuine.

Here's what it says for anyone mildly interested: "
The Man in the Iron Mask is revealed and out comes Eobard Thorne
"

tkscz

That was bloody amazing.

Wally & Jesse get their powers. Barry sucked into the speedforce, Henry is basically confirmed as Jay Garrick or at least his doppleganger is.

Brilliant.

I believe that's the man in the mask. Question is, does he even have super speed? We are never shown if he stole Jay's speed to become as fast as he was when zoom was introduced.

morningbus

That could be legit, and it'd be amazing if it was haha

Well, firstly, the way it is written does not inspire confidence in its veracity. Secondly, the fact that they call him
Thorne
is basically the nail in the coffin.

So that "LERROOOOY" definitely was a reference to "The Last Dragon"? Awesome.

If the episode had been directed by Michael Schultz, who actually does direct episodes of Arrow, I'd be more inclined to believe in a double-reference. As it stands, it is most likely just a reference to Leroy Jenkins.

Looking up who directed this last episode reminded me that this is the first episode directed by Armen Kevorkian, who usually is the VFX supervisor. I thought he did a pretty great job. I love when these shows give people a chance to direct as they usually don't disappoint.

Joni

That was a great episode, but Teddy Sears Zoom is still a disaster. Which is amazing when Tony Todd Zoom is so fantastic in the same episode. Despite the Caitlyn reference for Tony Todd Zoom.
I'll forgive them the completely unsubtle Garrick reference, even though it stranges nobody remarks it earlier, for instance when checking if there are any Garricks alive on this planet.
Also, how stupid are Harry and Joe? Thank God Wally and Jesse are meant to become speedsters, because otherwise there could have happened something else, something which also became clear in nine months.

morningbus

I don't think the Garrick stuff is too unbelievable.

It could be that on Earth-1 Henry's uncle was never even born so the Garrick named ended there. Caitlin was only looking for Jay's doppelganger, so a person born roughly at the same time with the same name. She probably didn't go too deep into genealogy because of the sheer volume she'd have to wade through.

Joni

I don't think the Garrick stuff is too unbelievable.

It could be that on Earth-1 Henry's uncle was never even born so the Garrick named ended there. Caitlin was only looking for Jay's doppelganger, so a person born roughly at the same time with the same name. She probably didn't go too deep into genealogy because of the sheer volume she'd have to wade through.

It just feels a bit tacked on, but it means John Wesley Shipp will be the real Jay Garrick so who cares. Just too happy for that.

Joni

clearly they are setting up the season finale to be Zoom vs. Flash, Jesse Quick, Kid Flash, and the real Jay Garrick
That would be great, but
they have said the finale is Zoom versus Barry. They aren't even showing Jay until the finale according to cast interviews.

JakR

Just saw the episode, but wtf? I know Barry and Co. acting like monkeys is common, but the decision making was moved to the end of the episode - because Barry is stupid as frag?

I mean the whole drama is a fragile structure of disbelief and the writers failed miserably. :(

Between Arrow and The Flash the writers just do not give a damn anymore. :( :(

Magwik

Banned
What did you expect? Even if it worked casually at the start of the episode Barry still wouldnt be fast enough and would deal with that. I appreciate the spotlight being on the surrounding cast more

Joni

It makes sense for Barry to hope he can do without. Because he lost to Zoom anyway and he thought je could defeat the others. Hell, they could have tried Vibe or dressing him up as Reverb.

What did you expect? Even if it worked casually at the start of the episode Barry still wouldnt be fast enough and would deal with that. I appreciate the spotlight being on the surrounding cast more
I expected that we'd be past the point of mulling over whether he should get his powers or not after lucking out on beating super strength old teen man last episode.

Cause then we have to suffer through 35 minutes of Barry being wishy washy

Yeah, while there was some really enjoyable moments in this episode, it felt like they were stalling till the last 5 minutes, which was a point that we should have been at after the ending of last week's episode. Barry knows what Zoom is capable of, he should have made that decision from the beginning. The audience knew he would, they weren't fooling anyone.

Well, firstly, the way it is written does not inspire confidence in its veracity. Secondly, the fact that they call him
Thorne
is basically the nail in the coffin.

If the episode had been directed by Michael Schultz, who actually does direct episodes of Arrow, I'd be more inclined to believe in a double-reference. As it stands, it is most likely just a reference to Leroy Jenkins.

Looking up who directed this last episode reminded me that this is the first episode directed by Armen Kevorkian, who usually is the VFX supervisor. I thought he did a pretty great job. I love when these shows give people a chance to direct as they usually don't disappoint.

Leroy Jenkins/WoW reference most likely.

Ugh, well that sucks for me! But it's kind of weird how it works for both i guess. Thanks for the correction! (the delivery was different than The Last Dragon anyhow... :( )

ZeroX03

Banned
Giving Cisco some spotlight is fun. He needs to be more than yelling out pop culture catch phrases like some common Gaffer.

Qvoth

just saw the episode, i'm gonna give it less than a month before he comes back
wtzgU.gif

still awesome

mm04

Giving Cisco some spotlight is fun. He needs to be more than yelling out pop culture catch phrases like some common Gaffer.

His Fringe reference was cool. Cisco is my favorite character on the show. At first, I wasn't sure about him but it didn't take long for him to win me over.

His Fringe reference was cool. Cisco is my favorite character on the show. At first, I wasn't sure about him but it didn't take long for him to win me over.

Yeah, his Fringe reference was great because it basically confirmed his liquorice when he went into Earth-2 was also a Fringe reference. Cisco is a young Walter Bishop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom