• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Zoom has kept them alive intentionally and not because he loves her. I'd like to think that Zoom thinks "they figure out how to get his speed back and then I'll take it away again".

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
People keep saying Zoom wants to bring Earth 1 to its knees, but they don't show that at all. They don't even show him doing anything outside of Central City. A quick blurb about him attacking other cities even would establish that. And he was done with Earth 2 but aside from him writing a message on a skyscraper, life was pretty normal for people over there. About on par with Earth 1. They might be doing even better since they were a bit more proactive on detecting metahumans. He hasn't really done anything, it's a lot of telling but not showing. Show Earth 2 in ruins. Show a quick TV spot of thousands dying because of Zoom.

So he lied to Rupture so that he would go after Cisco? Why can't Zoom just do that in less than a second. He's been in the same room as him many times. And if having his own meta army is so important, he wouldn't be the one killing them off. It's not even nitpicking, it's just stupid. Zoom being there has caused them to come up with dumb reasons why he isn't just ruling already. Caitlin getting taken should have been enough motivation for Barry to get his speed back. But they put that on the back burner because the writers knew they were going to have Zoom bring her back.

Timbuktu

I cannot fathom what Zoom does when he leaves his prisoners inside the cave, like when he left Caitlin with Killer Frost for what must be hours. What was he doing on Earth 2? And that was when that earth was already 'on its knees' and before he came up with the idea of conquering others.

Zooms line would have been so much better if he ended it at "well done" instead of that lame ass "u killlllld himmmmm ensted" which complete killed it.

Ronabo

Iris wearing the tight ass black shiny pants.

sNqYkaN.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Bunch of official on set pics from the next episode

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kevin-smith-directs-mourning-barry-allen-new-flash-pics

May be a little spoiler-y, so look at your own risk.

Hard to give context to many of those considering the circumstances.

Poor other directors, they've been doing these TV shows for years but they don't get the press like old Kev Smith!
Who nicely credits the rest of the crew for directing for him.

Also that's the episode title explained.

Since Barry lost his powers, I don't know why Cisco hasn't been trying to improve his "Vibe" powers, like his evil doppelganger.

Couldn't Evil Cisco shoot out blasts of energy or something? Maybe he could look into other universes and steal tech ideas or something.

ZeroX03

Banned
Since Barry lost his powers, I don't know why Cisco hasn't been trying to improve his "Vibe" powers, like his evil doppelganger.

Couldn't Evil Cisco shoot out blasts of energy or something? Maybe he could look into other universes and steal tech ideas or something.

Cisco has performance anxiety.

It seems actually using his powers scares him and he's afraid of what he could turn into. There's also a lot more responsibility in being the hero than the guy who supports the hero. He doesn't think he's leading man material and it freezes him up. It shows in his relationship with his brother too.

Xemnas89

The show needed a better main villain and it was rough early on but I really enjoyed it. It always seemed weird to me that despite the bigger budget some of the stuff on supergirl looked worse than effects on flash. I think it'll get renewed on CBS but I'm guessing they'll lower the budget a good deal.

Does Kevin Smith ever change clothes?

I believe his entire wardrobe is comprised of jerseys and long shorts.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Zoom is kinda dumb. He conquers worlds by taking over one city.

I'd like to think that when he zooms out of a scene, he's traveling to a different city(just not Arrow's city).

Such a switch would make perfect sense. The youth-skewing CW already has “The Flash” and other superhero franchises (there was a crossover between 'Supergirl' and 'The Flash' this season)

Has Arrow fallen this low?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Where does the budget for Supergirl even go? Maybe they do need to move it over to The CW so they can learn how to stretch a dollar. Lots of times it ends up looking cheaper than Flash. Not just with CG effects, I know The Flash team works really hard on that to get blood from a stone. But practical effects.

I certainly think Supergirl is a better fit on The CW. Certainly rather see it get moved than cancelled.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The villain in arrow's city wants to nuke the entire world. Zoom's plan getting it's legs cut out from under it lol.

If I were Zoom, I'd call that a W and move on to the next Earth. Technically he doesn't need to keep them alive to consider an Earth conquered.

Where does the budget for Supergirl even go? Maybe they do need to move it over to The CW so they can learn how to stretch a dollar. Lots of times it ends up looking cheaper than Flash. Not just with CG effects, I know The Flash team works really hard on that to get blood from a stone. But practical effects.

I certainly think Supergirl is a better fit on The CW. Certainly rather see it get moved than cancelled.

After checking out the show for a few episodes it really does look cheaper sometimes. Other times it can look pretty decent. If they bring the series over to the CW they'll really need to shake up either the character of Supergirl or do a soft reboot because the show has problems.

Oddduck

I wonder if the bloated budget has something to do with where Supergirl is filmed.

Isn't Supergirl filmed in California, while the CW comic book shows are filmed in Vancouver, Canada?

Xemnas89

If I were Zoom, I'd call that a W and move on to the next Earth. Technically he doesn't need to keep them alive to consider an Earth conquered.

After checking out the show for a few episodes it really does look cheaper sometimes. Other times it can look pretty decent. If they bring the series over to the CW they'll really need to shake up either the character of Supergirl or do a soft reboot because the show has problems.

Yeah you're right now he needs to jump over to Earth-Supergirl and drag it over to CW.

I wonder if the bloated budget has something to do with where Supergirl is filmed.

Isn't Supergirl filmed in California, while the CW comic book shows are filmed in Vancouver, Canada?

You are correct sir.

Effect

This very well might be the thing. In terms of locations there aren't many with Supergirl. They reuse a number of locations fairly often when it comes to inside locations anyway. Special effects are that much better then what the Flash or Legends of Tomorrow are doing. I can't imagine the actors pulling in insane salaries. So it has to be them filming in L.A when it comes to the outside scenes.

Change of location might very well be what the show needs to reduce the budget or to stop them from blowing through it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
$3 million an episode budget?
CW can't afford that
3 millions to look worse than Flash. Seriously I was taken aback when I watched the crossover, show looked lower budget than Flash. Sets looked a lot cheaper, at least.

Sephzilla

3 millions to look worse than Flash. Seriously I was taken aback when I watched the crossover, show looked lower budget than Flash. Sets looked a lot cheaper, at least.

I thought the same thing watching the Supergirl crossover, the show felt like it was lower budget than Flash

Probably would depend on if Zoom wants to get theatrical before the fight. If he just ran in there unannounced he would surely end Darhk before he has time to react.

Zoom is theatrical as fuck. He dragged Barry's body around the city purely to brag.

Xemnas89

I thought the same thing watching the Supergirl crossover, the show felt like it was lower budget than Flash

Zoom is theatrical as fuck. He dragged Barry's body around the city purely to brag.

That is true and he showed off to the camera in this last episode. Yeah that might be his downfall in a fight with Dahrk.

I would love a show about Zoom just fucking shit up, he's the coolest villain.

I love his costume and his Tony Todd voice. To think that they once planned to have Zoom be silent.

Sephzilla

I just have to say that I really like that Zoom doesn't have a big diabolical super villain plot anymore and is just an unchained animal fucking shit up because he can. It's kind of refreshing to see a bad guy who's evil just because he likes it.

Xemnas89

I just have to say that I really like that Zoom doesn't have a big diabolical super villain plot anymore and is just an unchained animal fucking shit up because he can. It's kind of refreshing to see a bad guy who's evil just because he likes it.

Yeah usually it's destroy the city to rebuild, or destroy the city for revenge, or destroy the world to rebuild it. A fully cured physically healthy zoom just wants to get back to his normal life which just happens to involve killing alot of people because He's a mentally unstable serial killer.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

One note characters the best. Kefka and Dark Knight's Ledger Joker untouchable.

Permanently A

BRUH

legit shook

The entire time they were setting up the accelerator I'm like "too bad this scene has no tension, nothing bad will happen to the titular character after all"

NOPE

iosefe

having recently watched The Flashpoint Paradox, i knew things would be fucked hard. it was too good for them to pass up

weshes195

Kefka and Joker don't have mommy flashbacks.

Or lame love connections that nobody in the audience is buying.

Man, so this. And I LOVE Zoom. Killing officers with no problem, giving Flash an epic beatdown and dragging him through the city, etc...

It is Hunter that hurts it. When they did the reveal they REALLY should have made it that, while human, he was a monster. Make him like Darkseid twisted. He could be almost evil incarnate.

I mean, they had Zoom say, "We are not so different...you could have been this." Man that is so stupid. They should have broken the cliche and had him say something like "If you wonder if you are anything like me; don't. Even on your worst day you are nothing compared to me" or something like that.

Basically that, unlike Reverse Flash who actually was not so black and white character who had some good in it (sure he was a horrible person, but still human. He even helped Barry's dad out), Zoom isn't someone who the Flash could be, even if he became bad. Make him have the only feeling be the enjoyment of pain and despair.

- J - D -

Ugh, that episode was unexpectedly hype. despite the first 2/3 and spinny Scythe Man threatening to ruin it all, everything from Zoom's Jitters massacre onward was great.

Barry's gonna get his Neo moment, I hope. He died, comes back, and becomes One (with the Speedforce).

I just want Barry to go
5lwvqZX.gif

On Zoom's lame ass.

edit: Cisco was on outdated-reference overdrive tonight. Two for World of Warcraft alone! Is there some marketing deal with the new Warcraft movie or something?!

Ashhong

BRUH

legit shook

The entire time they were setting up the accelerator I'm like "too bad this scene has no tension, nothing bad will happen to the titular character after all"

NOPE

I mean, we know he's coming back so it kind of cuts the tension for me. Its interesting and I can't wait to see how they do it though

Dalek

Has Danielle Panabaker always been this bad of an actress and I've never noticed-or is it the dialogue she's been given lately?

Everyone is saying henrys e2 doppleganger is jay Garrick however that doesn't make any sense. As they've shown the doppleganger either exist with the same name or there is no doppleganger (Supergirl earth)

If Garrick is henrys mothers maiden name then I see jay Garrick being his grandfather or great grandfather who happens to have the likeness of Henry meaning he can be played by Jws.that's how I see it happening

Also how did Caitlin know it was jitters?

If Garrick is henrys mothers maiden name then I see jay Garrick being his grandfather or great grandfather who happens to have the likeness of Henry meaning he can be played by Jws.that's how I see it happening

If he's Barry's Great Uncle, the timing would be right for post-crisis Jay. It would make him the right age to have been a Flash during WWII.

Grizzlyjin

Has Danielle Panabaker always been this bad of an actress and I've never noticed-or is it the dialogue she's been given lately?

My opinion? A little of both. They haven't given her character much to work with besides crying over ex-lovers and dumping exposition. That being said, I've seen her in a few movies before Flash and the performances are in the same ballpark. I actually think The CW is a good fit for that type of actor because these shows tend to do the smart thing and make the veteran actors do the really heavy lifting. And she can always grow with the material. Stephen Amell, for example, has come a long way from Arrow Season 1.

I liked Teddy Sears as Jay. It wasn't a super distinct portrayal, but it definitely worked for the character. Strong chin, deep voiced hero from the golden age. But him as Zoom...no fucking thank you. It has this cartoony vibe, which is off-putting for me when the masked Zoom is so menacing. They're like two different characters. I guess you could argue that the point of the mask and voice is to put on a show to intimidate (ala Kylo Ren).

Joni

As they've shown the doppleganger either exist with the same name or there is no doppleganger (Supergirl earth)

That we assume for the moment. For them to be that closely linked together, they'd have to be almost mirror worlds. What if for instance Mama Henry just never got married to Papa Allen on this Earth? Henry Allen becomes Henry Garrick.

I thought the same thing watching the Supergirl crossover, the show felt like it was lower budget than Flash.

It is a powerset that requires more work and a bright setting, which is bad for CGI. Flash mainly runs fast, which is some nice effects. Supergirl has to fly, land punches while in the air, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom