• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreu

Ok I'm gonna try and predict the ending

Barry is going to learn 2 key things in the speed force.

A. He's going to become faster by learning how to more efficiently channel the speed force this is going to help him compete with zoom but it won't be enough to defeat crazy black eyes zoom. However, being trapped in the speed force gives him point
B. Not being able to beat zoom Barry will make the decision to attempt and speed force dump the crazed zoom and it will work. For now.

Season 3

Focuses on Jessie and Wally learning to use their powers at first, and possibly the introduction of max mercury or Johnny quick.

Halfway through the season one of these 3 die to an entity.

This is zoom and he's either created the negative speed force or he's become the black flash and has gone completely insane.

That's all I got so far

Speedforce reducing your reasoning abilities would explain a lot.

It honestly makes them better Barry can precog all possible outcomes due to his speed mind and pick the best options.

How does that differ from the norm?

Cause then we have to suffer through 35 minutes of Barry being wishy washy

You are both correct. Also having Barry's father in town made this episode even more excruciating. We got from episodes with Barry being compulsive and not considering the consequences of his actions to hip being mopey and indecisive for an entire hour almost. As much as I enjoy [or want to enjoy] The Flash, the adolescent mood swing stuff is getting old.

Xemnas89

You know what I don't get? Caitlin keeps calling Hunter "Jay" instead of... you know, Hunter. He doesn't even say anything about it. In fact, in this episode he said his name is Zoom. What about Hunter, man?

These people are bad with names. They still call the Wells they knew Wells despite the fact that he was actually Eobard Thawne. It's even stranger though because Caitlin actually called him Hunter in last weeks episode.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I think they did but I'm not quite sure. Slayven or shoreu would have to chime in here.

I recall they did when I was wondering if Superman knows any martial arts and he does learn martial arts from different people. He also knows Kryptonian Martial Arts.

Eddie showed Barry how to throw a punch once.

Joni

These people are bad with names. They still call the Wells they knew Wells despite the fact that he was actually Eobard Thawne. It's even stranger though because Caitlin actually called him Hunter in last weeks episode.
Hunter is a Killer, she wants to connect to the part that pretended he was Jay.

Beartruck

I know villains are supposed to kill their underlings to look tough, but does zoom actually have any meta's left working for him? They're dropping like flies.

Xenoboy

Things went nuts in this episode, oh my god. Zoom keeps delivering those deaths. I need a gif of when he took down all of those cops.

Kyoufu

Zoom is so awesome.

I like that he is a monster with the mask on and a deranged human with the mask off. Really awesome stuff.

They should have given us more backstory though or am I the only one who thinks the flashbacks we got weren't enough?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm sorry, but Zoom just isn't doing it for me as a villain anymore. He doesn't actually act on any of this threats. Like at Jitters, he literally was grabbing Singh and said they had to learn a lesson...so he pushed Singh away to kill Rupture. Someone they don't even know. Then he says that if they try something like this again, his feelings for Caitlin won't stop him from killing them. So they try something and vaporize Barry, so Zoom speeds in says a line and speeds out. Why doesn't he subdue the people at Star Labs until he wins Caitlin over or whatever he is trying? Why let them just mess up his "plans?"

The Hobo

I'm sorry, but Zoom just isn't doing it for me as a villain anymore. He doesn't actually act on any of this threats. Like at Jitters, he literally was grabbing Singh and said they had to learn a lesson...so he pushed Singh away to kill Rupture.

Doesn't act on his threats? He just killed a room full of cops.

shoreu

I'm sorry, but Zoom just isn't doing it for me as a villain anymore. He doesn't actually act on any of this threats. Like at Jitters, he literally was grabbing Singh and said they had to learn a lesson...so he pushed Singh away to kill Rupture. Someone they don't even know. Then he says that if they try something like this again, his feelings for Caitlin won't stop him from killing them. So they try something and vaporize Barry, so Zoom speeds in says a line and speeds out. Why doesn't he subdue the people at Star Labs until he wins Caitlin over or whatever he is trying? Why let them just mess up his "plans?"

i wish they would go for pure insane " I fucking hate you flash, Zoom" this guy isn't on that level of evil.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Doesn't act on his threats? He just killed a room full of cops.

Which he could have done from the start. Otherwise he just kills his own villains or characters who have never spoken a line. There really isn't anything holding him back from terrorizing the city other than he just...doesn't do it. I don't even know what the point of bringing Rupture was.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Just saw the episode, but wtf? I know Barry and Co. acting like monkeys is common, but the decision making was moved to the end of the episode - because Barry is stupid as frag?

I mean the whole drama is a fragile structure of disbelief and the writers failed miserably. :(

Between Arrow and The Flash the writers just do not give a damn anymore. :( :(

Him being unsure whether to go through with another particle accelerator explotion made absolute sense to me. It's not about being unsure, it's more about what if this explotion goes wrong again and things get worse than they were before? He thought that after he was able to handle a meta with the hologram thing he could do the same with Rupture.

It would've been weird if he decided to go through with the plan from the beginning, after all the shit that went wrong with the first particle accelerator explotion.

Joni

Which he could have done from the start. Otherwise he just kills his own villains or characters who have never spoken a line. There really isn't anything holding him back from terrorizing the city other than he just...doesn't do it. I don't even know what the point of bringing Rupture was.
Arrow is a good comparison for this.
Darhk does follow through on his threat for payback.
. And it helps giving him an Edge again.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Zoom actually seemed kinda upset that Barry got melted.

Magwik

Banned
Zoom is a dick
He pretended to be a hero for fun just to fuck everyone else over
He's probably bored now that he's Super Zoom

Platy

d7hLRd1.gif

That moment was "HOLY FUCK" first because it was "...did they killed their star ?" and then more holy fucks for theories of what happened

tkscz

Will Barry
meet Trajectory in the speed force? She also disintegrated like he did right? So she should be chilling there as well.

I was actually thinking this too, but I doubt they'd do that.

Zoom is so awesome.

I like that he is a monster with the mask on and a deranged human with the mask off. Really awesome stuff.

They should have given us more backstory though or am I the only one who thinks the flashbacks we got weren't enough?

most people here believe they were too much and wanted him to just be a monster. I believe they were just right.

maxcriden

Best episode in a while, I thght, particularly the climax. Fringe reference was great, and speaking of which. Major spoilers for Fringe!!!

Orion: You were right. They don't remember Barry.
Rip Hunter: How could they? He never existed. He served his purpose.

Joyful

i like how the hologram is blatantly said to not work indoors

and then they clearly show it being used indoors

speedforce

Magwik

Banned
That works for 1 ofs but not your main villain that constantly gets screen time.
But it absolutely does. The show doesn't have to waste time on some evil plan that ultimately would be incredibly dumb anyways. Some bloke who wants speed and power is much better than a magic man growing tons of corn and a middle aged alien with the charisma of a potato mind controlling people

It works but he's not really going full evil

But it absolutely does. The show doesn't have to waste time on some evil plan that ultimately would be incredibly dumb anyways. Some bloke who wants speed and power is much better than a magic man growing tons of corn and a middle aged alien with the charisma of a potato mind controlling people

For you it might, I want to just skip all his scenes, no idea what the alien part is referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom