• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Iris wearing the tight ass black shiny pants.

sNqYkaN.gif

Jesus lol. Dial it back. She did look good though.

I rewatched the episode and while Cisco is terrific and funny, they need to reel him in a bit. He's all sass and jokes 24/7 now, while before he was a lovable mix of funny, science, and awkward.

Sober

It's gross.
Not to mention Iris unceremoniously drops dating her editor because, well she doesn't have to say why!

Earth-2 Iris I could see it but Earth-1 Iris is so underdeveloped when it comes to her and Barry romantically it literally feels like incest happening on screen.

Permanently A

Jesus lol. Dial it back. She did look good though.

I rewatched the episode and while Cisco is terrific and funny, they need to reel him in a bit. He's all sass and jokes 24/7 now, while before he was a lovable mix of funny, science, and awkward.

I think this ep had a good balance though, we had some serious scenes with him and Dante

Joni

Not to mention Iris unceremoniously drops dating her editor because, well she doesn't have to say why!

They approached the television limit of male black characters? Yeah, should have had him stick around for a couple of more episodes. Shown, not tell why they have bad chemistry.

Earth-2 Iris I could see it but Earth-1 Iris is so underdeveloped when it comes to her and Barry romantically it literally feels like incest happening on screen.

Does she have to? It was only a date.

Skux

Just caught up and HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SHOW THAT I LOVE.

I know we all hated the Zoom episode a couple weeks back but seeing where it's ended up I'm just as hyped for this show as I was during its highest highs.

Also, CPU coolers on the particle accelerator lol

3QpiC1y.png

zugzug

I luv zoom's mask but you see the eye black around his eye and then he takes off his mask and suddenly no more eye black, hard for me to get passed that I keep asking myself but didn't he have eyeblack all over his eye socket why it no there anymore. :(

Malfunky

I luv zoom's mask but you see the eye black around his eye and then he takes off his mask and suddenly no more eye black, hard for me to get passed that I keep asking myself but didn't he have eyeblack all over his eye socket why it no there anymore. :(

they've been doing this with batman since the 80s and it's totally disruptive for me.

at least Zoom has the speedforce excuse.

Yager

Banned

He doesn't paint it, it's the DARKNESS that does it.

Great episode, Zoom going ham was amazing, and I wasn't expecting a Dr Manhattan with Barry. Can't wait for next week.

croten

uhhh speedforce

Xemnas89

Just a thing that happens in alot of superhero shows and movies. Got to suspend that disbelief man.

Skux

It's a trope at this point, they let it slide because seeing a superhero with black panda eyes is not very flattering.

Malfunky

He doesn't paint it, it's the DARKNESS that does it.

Great episode, Zoom going ham was amazing, and I wasn't expecting a Dr Manhattan with Barry. Can't wait for next week.

After Tom Cavanaugh perfecting the Reverse-Flash, I thought Zoom was boring and absolutely generic. I've only enjoyed Zoom since he's taken off his mask so that Teddy Sears can chew the fuck out of the scenery. It's been delightful.. apart from the shitty love story.

Kyoufu

After Tom Cavanaugh perfecting the Reverse-Flash, I thought Zoom was boring and absolutely generic. I've only enjoyed Zoom since he's taken off his mask so that Teddy Sears can chew the fuck out of the scenery. It's been delightful.. apart from the shitty love story.

The whole Caitlin thing is weak, but CW gotta CW. At least the one good thing about Caitlin being involved is that there's an excuse for Zoom not just killing everyone instantly, which we all know he could easily do.

jrush64

Banned
I just caught up. That scene with Cisco and his brother was real sweet. This is still the best superhero show on TV without a doubt.

Sölf

This fucking show. It got a bit worse during the middle, but the last few episodes just became better and better and more crazy again. I also would like to see Supergirl move to The CW. We need more Crossovers!

Joni

What's this I hear about Supergirl facing budget cuts and possibly moving to CW?

http://screencrush.com/supergirl-season-2-renewal-budget-cw/

Almost every show ever gets a lower budget going into its second season. The delayed renewal is not concering considering they haven't renewed anything. Also, not the Supergirl topic so it might suit better there.

Reverse Flash was still distinctly human, calculating. Zoom was a pure monster.

The whole Caitlin thing is weak, but CW gotta CW. At least the one good thing about Caitlin being involved is that there's an excuse for Zoom not just killing everyone instantly, which we all know he could easily do.
Wrote themself in a corner, now have to follow through on it.

Malfunky

Reverse Flash was still distinctly human, calculating. Zoom was a pure monster.

His calculating nature made the story feel like a real journey, whereas Zoom has always felt directionless. He's always just, "I'm stronger and scarier and I want to be stronger and scarier." It's kinda cool, but it can't keep up with the first season. It's just not being handled that well.

Eobard Thawne had a genuinely interesting dynamic with Barry. There was so much to do there: Being stranded in time forced him to cooperate with his mortal enemy; Barry unwittingly helped someone who was obsessed with his destruction, believing him to be a mentor and another father figure; Thawne developing a fondness of Barry and his friends. It was a fantastic take on the the Flash vs. Reverse-Flash story.

Zoom isn't just a pure monster anymore. If they stuck with that story and made him as vicious and chaotic as possible, it would have worked better. But they've done so much padding that even that story has run out of steam. So they've tried to throw it away by to humanize him with the abusive childhood backstory and silly love story. Why can't he just be speedforce crazy? Why does he have to be just another superhero villain with opposite-syndrome -- this time of Barry Allen with the fucked up childhood and murdered parent?

He should have absolutely killed Barry when he lost his power. He should have been as vicious as he was when he first schooled Barry. He should have murdered or seriously fucked up Joe in that coffee shop. OR maybe it should have mirrored the way Thawne developed a fondness for the people he hated. Because their goodness is the power or something. Anything but the "If it wasn't for Caitlin" nonsense.

Now he's just going around teasing Barry's friends about how they fucked up. It just doesn't feel consistent. Or natural. Or earned.

I don't know if that first season will ever be matched. Maybe it was the novelty of the show. Maybe they got lucky. But it all worked so well.

Just caught up and HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SHOW THAT I LOVE.

I know we all hated the Zoom episode a couple weeks back but seeing where it's ended up I'm just as hyped for this show as I was during its highest highs.

Also, CPU coolers on the particle accelerator lol

3QpiC1y.png

these cracked me up

ZeroX03

Banned
Somehow our illustrious villain manages to pull off the magnificent trick of being both an alpha (Zoom) and a beta (Hunter/Jay).

oti

Banned
Yooo just watched it yooooooooooooooo

Three highlights:

3. Zoom snapping necks like Oreo's
2. Expecto Patronum
Barry dying
YES

Can't wait to see next episode.

$3 million an episode budget?
CW can't afford that
I would wager The Flash has a similar budget so I find the idea that CBS is hung up on that as kind of bogus. If anything they'd probably want to renegotiate the licensing deal.
I wonder if the bloated budget has something to do with where Supergirl is filmed.

Isn't Supergirl filmed in California, while the CW comic book shows are filmed in Vancouver, Canada?

I don't think 3M per episode isn't really that high anymore though on a network TV show, it's just in Canada that three million could be stretched a bit further.

If the show did end up moving to the CW a Vancouver move would be happening too, hell it might still though I hope not because I'm tired of seeing Vancouver so much that three shows under the same umbrella would make it even harder to hide plus we'd lose a tone that VFX wouldn't really be able to make up and they'd have an extra reliance on indoor shoots. Would probably lose a couple characters as well.

KonradLaw

I don't want Supergirl on CW. It's easily the weakest DC show and it would kill any chances of something new from DC at this network.

Kyoufu

I hunted down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so I opened up our world to new threats, and I am the only one dumb enough to make them stronger. I am the Flash.

Irobot82

What if the guy in the mask is
Barry
?

The guy in the mask is either
Earth-1 Barry from the future where he "Disappeared in a red storm"

or

The guy in the mask is
Barry's brother from Earth two Cobalt Blue, Malcom Thawne.

Blader

What is Zoom doing every time he runs off? Where does he go?

Has Danielle Panabaker always been this bad of an actress and I've never noticed-or is it the dialogue she's been given lately?

She's much better as Killer Frost than Caitlin.

Also, we established this about where and what Zoom does when he is off-screen:

b-mco-big-belly-burger_1.png

Those burgers are what causes Zolomon to be slightly human. They fill in his DARKNESS.

Jonogunn

Did I miss something?

At the beginning the stated that they never used the hologram flash indoors because they can't.

But later in the episode they used him indoors..?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did I miss something?

At the beginning the stated that they never used the hologram flash indoors because they can't.

But later in the episode they used him indoors..?

Yes, you did. Cisco set up the equipment to work inside the coffee shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom