• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Ugh, that episode was unexpectedly hype. despite the first 2/3 and spinny Scythe Man threatening to ruin it all, everything from Zoom's Jitters massacre onward was great.

Barry's gonna get his Neo moment, I hope. He died, comes back, and becomes One (with the Speedforce).

I just want Barry to go
5lwvqZX.gif

On Zoom's lame ass.

Yeah, I really hope this is ultimately what happens for the final Flash/Zoom showdown.

Makonero

Zoom is cool until he takes off the mask, then he's just a lame whipped loser.

It reminds me of what happened to the Headless Horseman on Sleepy Hollow. A scary menace, evil for it's own sake, and as soon as they give it a face, it becomes a whiny manchild pining for his true love. The fear of Zoom is gone when he removes the mask.

Sephzilla

John Wesley Shipp is obviously going to be the real Jay Garrick now. The "maiden name" line was an obvious breadcrumb to that, plus making him Earth 2 Jay Garrick is probably the tie that ultimately links Earth 1 Flash to Earth 2 Flash to 90s TV show Flash.

It may be natural but it's not intimidating, it's the opposite.

I don't think unmasked Zoom is supposed to be intimidating.

Kyoufu

Henry Allen's mother's name: ____ Garrick before she got married to Henry's father.

Therefore, Henry Allen was born as Henry Allen. Why would he be the real Jay Garrick? What am I missing here?

Kyoufu

Maybe on Earth 2 his parents didn't get married, so his mother had him take on the Garrick name?

Wouldn't Henry and Barry have the Garrick surname instead then?

You could say that Henry-2 doesn't necessarily have to be Barry-2's father but then how would that work with DNA and stuff. Writers, please.

Sephzilla

Wouldn't Henry and Barry have the Garrick surname instead then?

You could say that Henry-2 doesn't necessarily have to be Barry-2's father but then how would that work with DNA and stuff. Writers, please.

Maybe Barry took on the Allen name because he really liked his Grandfather or something?

Henry Allen's mother's name: ____ Garrick before she got married to Henry's father.

Therefore, Henry Allen was born as Henry Allen. Why would he be the real Jay Garrick? What am I missing here?

I hate my father so I use my momma family name she had before she got married to the jerk.

They can use the same angle for Henry

Sephzilla

His real name could just be Jay Garrick Allen and he just goes by the name Jay Garrick. If they want to make Shipp the Earth-2 Flash it's not that hard to write around it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hate my father so I use my momma family name she had before she got married to the jerk.

They can use the same angle for Henry

But we know Barry is an Allen on Earth-2.

If it does turn out to be Shipp, I imagine they'll go the pseudonym route.

JDB

Banned
1. Hunter Zolomon being brought up when "Jay" brought Caitlyn to the park
2. Literally everyone else that has ever been shown on the show has had a doppleganger. Even irrelevant characters like Cisco's brother

Also most dopplegangers from Earth 1 seem to have powers on Earth 2 except Iris/Joe. It's gotta be Henry

The only other person it could be is Eddie because it's a CW show, so with Iris finally moving on from Eddie to Barry it's the perfect opportunity to add in pointless drama.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Earth 2 Barry's mom had an affair with Jay Garrick (aka Earth 2 Henry), got pregnant, but never told Barry or her husband who the real father was.

Joni

Barry Allen on Earth-2 might be the child of someone else than Henry Allen. As Barry's mom and dad were together when Barry was on Earth-2 while the masked guy sat in his cell, the masked guy can't be Earth-2 Barry's father mentionned on the call. So either it is an Henry Allen from another Earth, or Nora is not married to Henry.

An example scenario is Henry Allen is the result of both parents picking that name, after they were married and became the Allens.

On E2, maybe his dad died and never married, so he was born a Garrick and was named Jay instead.

People on Earth 2 seem to know the Flash as Jay Garrick. But why would the Flash want everyone knowing his real name? It's probably Henry Allen, and he is just using the Garrick name as a pseudonym. He got the idea from his grandmother's maiden name--the pseudonym had to come from somewhere.

OR it could be Henry's great grandfather himself, real name Jay Garrick. Don't speedsters age slowly? Maybe he ingested some chemicals or something back in the day, became the Flash and fought crime for decades. He just bears a striking resemblance to his grandson.

Either way, I am super confident that the iron mask dude is 1. Jay Garrick and 2. Portrayed by Shipp. There are a million ways the writers can get us there.

Makonero

People on Earth 2 seem to know the Flash as Jay Garrick. But why would the Flash want everyone knowing his real name? It's probably Henry Allen, and he is just using the Garrick name as a pseudonym. He got the idea from his grandmother's maiden name--the pseudonym had to come from somewhere.

OR it could be Henry's great grandfather himself, real name Jay Garrick. Don't speedsters age slowly? Maybe he ingested some chemicals or something back in the day, became the Flash and fought crime for decades. He just bears a striking resemblance to his grandson.

Either way, I am super confident that the iron mask dude is 1. Jay Garrick and 2. Portrayed by Shipp. There are a million ways the writers can get us there.

Henry J. Allen who, as a pseudonym, goes by J. Garrick, otherwise known as the Flash. He's never seen in person, so when Zoom shows up, fights him, and captures him, he begins to masquerade as J. Garrick to stoke his own ego. That's also why there isn't a Jay Garrick on Earth 1; there never was one on Earth 2 to begin with. It was always Henry Allen.

Edit: Also, he's old enough to be a veteran in the "War of the Americas" like Zoom's dad. So the code makes sense.

PreFire

Just something that's bugging me.. If Zoom, is taking over worlds and trying to be the fastest man alive (that's his goal) and did it so easily on E2, then why would he be doing the long con on Barry's earth when he could have just kidnapped one of Barry's friends, threatened to kill them unless he got faster and gave him all his speed. Why wait all that time behind the scenes, not using your ridiculous amount of speed to terrorize and take over E1? Instead you send nobodies to make Barry "faster".. Like, was that really fucking Zoom we saw in the first few episodes, sneaking around, taking fucking pictures of team flash with a camera.. Like, I don get it. Why would a monster be investigating instead of terrorizing? Was that the real Jay Garrick who was then caged up? Why trick the team instead of just forcing a cure for himself? This is a guy who kills his own soldiers, but he's ducking behind vans taking notes? You could say it was his time remnant (which still wouldn't make sense, he'd just be a younger lunatic instead), but someone mentioned he only came into the picture during the earth 2 visit. Making Zoom have Jay's likeness doesn't make sense.

Wells not recognizing an infamous serial killer doesn't make sense. He's the fucking Flash in your world, and you have "beef" with him.. But you can't tell he looks exactly like Hunter Zolomon? There's something about Henry Allen and Wells from earth 2.. Any time there's a scene with both of them (not directly involved with eachother) Wells kind of gazes at him for a few seconds.. What is it with those two? Who was/is Henry Allen (or doppelgänger with a different name) on his earth? I'm telling you, this happened in one of the early episodes too..

As for the man in the iron mask.. I've already guessed Teddy Sears, Barry in some shape or form, Henry Allen and jokingly Wally (or someone we haven't met).. But I've also mentioned it might be Eddie. We all saw him get pulled into the singularity after his apparent death, and his body being recovered was never mentioned-nor did anyone ever mention it being sucked into the singularity either.. What if the reason the reverse flash "disappeared" from history isn't because Eddie is dead, but because the incident that leads to Eobard Thawne's birth has been halted and history has momentarily rewritten itself (sort of like in LoT, if you change something in the past accidentally and wait too long, that part of history becomes permanent) - not completely eliminating Eobard's birth and making him become the Reverse Flash. Maybe Zoom thinks he would be a threat or some other reason? Maybe keeping him alive so the RF will exist.. Who knows lol. Maybe Eddie was saved with E2 medicine when he landed who the fuck knows where

Now, I know as soon as Eddie shot himself, RF started to disintegrate almost instantly

Xemnas89

But I thought the darkness can't be locked in the first place?

Can we have set rules for darkness and locking pls

Basically if the script says the darkness can't be locked then it can't be. At the same time though if another writer comes in and decided the darkness now can be locked for a specific episode then it can be. So basically the answer is speedforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom