• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

If JWS is playing Jay, wonder if that means Henry is going to eat it? Especially if they're following the Arrow formula.

Predictions for who is in Black Flash's sights? Safe bet is one of Barry's Three Dads.

hqdefault.jpg
I thought we all agreed that the time wraith was the Black Flash?

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought we all agreed that the time wraith was the Black Flash?

It was just a flavorful way of saying "who do we think may die?". And I don't think that's accepted quite yet, he's not all that scary or intimidating. Oh no it's a ghost who doesn't like loud music!

iosefe

:(

But the resemblance is pretty damn close

*edit* seems I misread earlier. You were asking who the BF would kill, not was. Whoops

The description for the finale
http://flashtvnews.com/flash-season-2-finale-description-the-race-of-his-life/24761
THE FLASH VS. ZOOM – After Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) reveals his true plan, Barry (Grant Gustin) vows to do whatever it takes to stop him. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#f223). Original airdate 5/24/2016.

Awesome, the Helbings are writing this. The finale is probably going to be great, then.

Makonero

It was just a flavorful way of saying "who do we think may die?". And I don't think that's accepted quite yet, he's not all that scary or intimidating. Oh no it's a ghost who doesn't like loud music!

If death can be repelled with vibrations, Cisco is practically immortal. And so is Harry Potter-- I mean Pied Piper.

tim1138

If JWS is playing Jay, wonder if that means Henry is going to eat it? Especially if they're following the Arrow formula.

Predictions for who is in Black Flash's sights? Safe bet is one of Barry's Three Dads.

hqdefault.jpg

None of them are speedsters, so the Black Flash wouldn't give a damn

ZeroX03

Banned
Black Flash is dumb hopefully they ignore that mess. Focus on the important things like Grodd and Savitar.

Because we need another scrubby big bad speedster.

• Grodd.
  • Rogue War.
  • Neron.
  • Some 30th century villain or intergalactic threat for Bart Allen's season. Not Inertia, he's the ultimate fuckboi (so he'll probably get a slot).
  • Final season of the show should be another Reverse Flash, basically with comic Hunter Zolomon's actual motivation.

• Final season of the show should be another Reverse Flash, basically with comic Hunter Zolomon's actual motivation.
Yeah, this would be great. Especially if it was Eddie, since you could believably give him comic!Hunter's motivations. Hell, they could even use being sucked into the singularity as an explanation for having more time based speedster powers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks like the finale is going to have a surprise
double cross
if this article is to be believed.

Place your bets!

It was Jay all along (again), they finally made a monkey out of me. Then Grodd shows up and stabs Wells.

Because we need another scrubby big bad speedster.

• Grodd.
  • Rogue War.
  • Neron.
  • Some 30th century villain or intergalactic threat for Bart Allen's season. Not Inertia, he's the ultimate fuckboi (so he'll probably get a slot).

Johns is involved. So I'm guessing either Grodd or the Top. Some villain with a strong mental component.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That seems the most likely to be honest

I would have to agree. If the show wanted to be extremely cruel, make it Iris, with the suggestion that her sudden reciprocation of Barry's feelings are part of some doppelganger's scheme. But they're not that mean. If it is someone in the main cast, it's almost certainly Snow. They have no idea to do with her since Cisco, Wells, and even Jesse can also rattle off science mumbo jumbo exposition.

Looks like the finale is going to have a surprise
double cross
if this article is to be believed.

Place your bets!

Barry Allen betrays Barry Allen. Past Barry doesn't trust Future Barry and kills his Future Self.

In all seriousness, maybe Crisco. That would be a surprise out of nowhere. No one would suspect it imo.

ZeroX03

Banned
Johns is involved. So I'm guessing either Grodd or the Top. Some villain with a strong mental component.

Johns isn't really involved anymore. He hasn't written anything this year or even had a story credit. Too busy with the movies and the fifty other things he does. Kreisberg has basically said Grodd is the plan. Money is the only thing in the way.

Psycho Pirate as big bad for next season, who's with me!

He's fun. More so than Savitar.

Blackage

I wouldn't mind a change of pace from Flash and Arrow where they had shorter arks for different villains, like maybe 4 6-episode arks or 3 8-episode arks. I feel like it's kinda hard to keep 1 villain interesting for an entire season for Super Heroes.

jwk94

I wouldn't mind a change of pace from Flash and Arrow where they had shorter arks for different villains, like maybe 4 6-episode arks or 3 8-episode arks. I feel like it's kinda hard to keep 1 villain interesting for an entire season for Super Heroes.

Reverse Flash was interesting. Zoom can be interesting sometimes.

Joni

That is true. Vampire Diaries keeps it fresh because of that.

Grizzlyjin

Gotham immediately improved when it started doing this. It has been doing 2-3 episode arcs that overlap.

I wholeheartedly agree as far as these DC shows go. They don't plan out the seasons well enough to keep villains interesting for 20+ episodes.

KonradLaw

At the very least if they want one season long big bad they should give him at least two big henchmen who would act as mino-bosses, each getting his own arc.

ZeroX03

Banned
Arrow using Blood before Deathstroke worked nicely.

Flash needs a mildly known villain that appears to be the big bad for the first 9 episodes. Then the stinger is Grodd was controlling him the whole time. Because he's mad Barry let Patty leave the city because he had a crush on her.

Xemnas89

Arrow using Blood before Deathstroke worked nicely.

Flash needs a mildly known villain that appears to be the big bad for the first 9 episodes. Then the stinger is Grodd was controlling him the whole time. Because he's mad Barry let Patty leave the city because he had a crush on her.

Yeah that would work great in a season with grodd as the big bad. Who would be a good villain to use for the first nine episodes?

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah that would work great in a season with grodd as the big bad. Who would be a good villain to use for the first nine episodes?

Blacksmith, Magenta, someone else from the new Rogues maybe. Or everybody's favorite Chunk. An organisation like Mercury Labs as suggested earlier.

Doesn't really have to be a villain actually, if there's mind control involved.

Mirror Master.

If they're using his mirror worlds that could be too similar to Earth-2 is my main worry.

They could have smaller arcs with one or two rogues for the first 10 episodes and then they assemble the Rogues.

Need to see what happens with Wentworth and Legends before delving too deep into that. I do want to see Cold's very strict moral codes going to war with a new, wild, killing Rogues at some point.

Need to see what happens with Wentworth and Legends before delving too deep into that. I do want to see Cold's very strict moral codes going to war with a new, wild, killing Rogues at some point.

They could use Captain Cold to insert the moral code of "no killing unless it's necessary, no drugs, just stealing" in a group of more ruthless people. Also, since he has more experience as a thieve and hero, it's logical that he will be the leader.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They could use Captain Cold to insert the moral code of "no killing unless it's necessary, no drugs, just stealing" in a group of more ruthless people. Also, since he has more experience as a thieve and hero, it's logical that he will be the leader.

Simple fix, they go to a future Central City with an out of control Rogues group led by Wally Wizard. Cold says this isn't how they do things.

Doesn't say who's being betrayed. I'm going to say Zoom is double crossed by his General, Black Siren.

I sincerely hope that it's this.

Wasn't the original pre crisis Black Canary (which I think Black Siren's based on) known for infiltrating and breaking up criminal organizations from the inside anyway?

Joni

Wasn't the original pre crisis Black Canary (which I think Black Siren's based on) known for infiltrating and breaking up criminal organizations from the inside anyway?

And they could do away with the stupid Canary Cry

Yup. And after a fight against a magic based villain left her husband dead and gave her her Canary Cry, she moved from Earth 2 to Earth 1 to join the Justice League.

Hmmm. So 90s Flash was originally going to be a very different show:
https://youtu.be/BYF4KwLkBIg

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 21 "The Runaway Dinosaur" (Directed by Kevin Smith)

With Barry gone, the team must figure out a way to handle the return of an old enemy – Girder. Realizing Girder is retracing his steps from his last attack, Iris volunteers to act as bait to trap him in S.T.A.R. Labs. Meanwhile, Barry fights to return to his old life.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom