• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I want for Season 3:

- Kill JD's brother, I just can't take his "I'm a scientist ugh how can't you know this ridiculous nonsense I'm spouting you're an idiot" stick
- Let Iris kick some ass, she can do more than just "I think I feel something for you or not or maybe or definitely, maybe".
- Cisco is the new main protagonist.
- Felicity. Just Felicity.
- Barry is actually smart again and not a dumb dumb, that would be a nice change for once.
Hoooly what?! The last few episodes Wells has been the only making any sense, people ignoring him has been the frustrating part when he's been so damn right. Wells has basically been the audience, calling out the show for its forced dumb decisions, while everybody else even knows Wells is right but surrender to "Barry's stubborn so just let him get us and our whole world killed."

Killing Wells would probably kill the show for me since he at least makes the stupid decisions more bearable by calling them stupid. If everyone just accepted all the shit choices that's been going on this season I don't think I could take it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So I take it his mom's death was Barry's mental block to going infinitely fast like Wally in the comics?

I'd say it's slightly more nuanced than that.

Self doubt has always been Barry's biggest obstacle. It's the most consistent characterization in this entire TV universe. He rarely feels like he's capable and usually looks to other people for motivation and guidance.

It stems from the helplessness he felt as a child, how random, unknown, and seemingly unstoppable the murder of his Mother was, and how unable he was to free his Father from prison. It's at his core and affects practically every relationship, where he doubts if he even deserves the things he has.

His Mother's murder is the trigger, for sure, but the show has been crushing Barry since day 1. Hopefully they nail these last two episodes because it'll really pay off.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hoooly what?! The last few episodes Wells has been the only making any sense, people ignoring him has been the frustrating part when he's been so damn right. Wells has basically been the audience, calling out the show for its forced dumb decisions, while everybody else even knows Wells is right but surrender to "Barry's stubborn so just let him get us and our whole world killed."

Killing Wells would probably kill the show for me since he at least makes the stupid decisions more bearable by calling them stupid. If everyone just accepted all the shit choices that's been going on this season I don't think I could take it.

They're clearly joke suggestions. Barry was never smart.

shoreu

Then, Speedforce is a God and it chooses who is Speedster?

Ok.

The speed force is like the light in WoW or the force it is the sum of all energy and time moving forward and it is thought to be of some sentience but no one knows the correlation.

Also technically the speed force didn't choose Barry , kinda.. that bolt of lightening that struck him was actually Barry turned into pure energy but Barry kind of is the speedforce as he pretty much became one with it.

Another solid episode. This season started off a bit shaky (it dealt clumsily with all that unnecessary Legends of Tomorrow setup), but after that it became a great show again. Even in its worst episodes, it's still enjoyable to watch. Something I unfortunately cannot say about Arrow, which is slowly driving me crazy with its dumb storytelling decisions.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is that they get rid of Barry Allen (since he's in the DCCU) and somehow make Wally West the protagonist. I feel they have been setting up for that, and I'm not a big fan of that idea.

Joni

Jesse and Wally will most likely both show speed. Wally will have much much more which is why he didn't kick it, but he'll be unable to control it so he needs Barry.

Of all the people getting hit with Speed Force- Barry, Thawne, Zolomon, Jessie- Wally, the only one with a predisposition to speed, is the only one who doesn't get powers. Yup, Speed Force is racist.

It makes their 'chosen' line sound a bit more ominous.

Xenoboy

Flash has been on point, for me at least, the last couple of weeks. Next episode looks really hype. We're almost there, the finale.
I'm pegging Caitlyn for season 3 villain, just you guys watch.

I'm so glad I watch iZombie, made the episode funnier to me :D

TreIII

Come on Green Lantern. They've got time, metas and street. Let's go to space god damnit

Oh, please...!

Ever since the Ferris Airfield/Hal Jordan teases back in Season 1, I've been jonesing for a Green Lantern show. It's pretty much my only hope, considering the DCCU isn't even going to have a GL as a founding member of the JL, apparently.

I'd be here for a show that starred a young architect named John Stewart.

Makonero

Oh, please...!

Ever since the Ferris Airfield/Hal Jordan teases back in Season 1, I've been jonesing for a Green Lantern show. It's pretty much my only hope, considering the DCCU isn't even going to have a GL as a founding member of the JL, apparently.

I'd be here for a show that starred a young architect named John Stewart.

You will take your Simon Baz who carries a gun and like it!

So on the new fatman on batman they mention that Zack Stentz is working on a new show with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kriesberg but they can't talk about it yet. Whatever it is Kevin and Marc seemed hyped for it.

Kreisberg's dream projects are Booster Gold and Teen Titans.

I'm going with Titans on this one.

harSon

Banned
JXrQXLe.gif

Was anyone else getting some strong Matrix vibes from this scene?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Really liked the episode but it does feel a bit weird that we weren't really exposed to Barry not being over his Mums death until it was the way for him to get his powers back.
The Speedforce knows that new 52 sucks and wrung that promise outta Barry. No Flashpoint.

Hopefully this speedforce power up stops Barry from being too much of a jobber.
Yeah, I doubt that, considering how Girder was still able to smack him across the room. We don't even know if he's faster now than he was before, though I guess he should still be wearing Eobard's tachyon device, which would still be boosting him.

Yeah I don't get it. What's the significance of this phrase exactly?
Some sort of reference to Kevin Smith's work?
I think it's telling him to slow down and stop being stupid with his powers. Speed can't fix everything.

EDIT: Or, I guess we don't know if he still has the tachyon device. He just kind of appeared, so it might not be the same suit.

That was the first thing I thought of last night during that scene. That's at least the second time they've directly referenced Flashpoint this season.

Flashpoint confirmed brehs :p

Barry is now the speed force (sort of) so of course he's going to be the same old jobber and Master of Ls later. I would be surprised if he's not a jobber and Master if Ls.

Permanently A

Theory:

I've always thought of the Speedorce as a force of nature like gravity or something, but this last episode introduces it as a sentient figure. And this Speedforce seems to be caring for Barry, implying that it chose him and that saving people is good and helps him deal with his trauma of sacrificing his mother. So if the Speedforce cares about Barry, why the hell would it also choose people like Thawne and Zoom to be speedsters?

Here's the theory part: The Speedforce always refers to itself as "we." And Hunter has "the darkness" that hasn't been explained yet. So I'm thinking the speedforce has two personalities, one good and one evil.

XAL

Theory:

I've always thought of the Speedorce as a force of nature like gravity or something, but this last episode introduces it as a sentient figure. And this Speedforce seems to be caring for Barry, implying that it chose him and that saving people is good and helps him deal with his trauma of sacrificing his mother. So if the Speedforce cares about Barry, why the hell would it also choose people like Thawne and Zoom to be speedsters?

Here's the theory part: The Speedforce always refers to itself as "we." And Hunter has "the darkness" that hasn't been explained yet. So I'm thinking the speedforce has two personalities, one good and one evil.

Maybe Zoom was a legit accident, and Thawne willfully tapped into the speedforce.

Or maybe it's a net ying-yang kind of thing.

Or maybe just "speedforce lol".

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Theory:

Kinda funny since fake Jay was shouting at Wells that the Speedforce was a living entity that couldn't be scienced earlier in the season.

Also the we could imply a lotta stuff. Not just two but a bunch of entities holding differing opinions. Blue lightning could represent the negative speedforce. Since we know that exists already

Klyka

Banned
Speedforce is actually midichlorians.

"Son, I never told you this but.....you see....your mom and I we married when she got pregnant with you..."

"Yeah dad,I know, what about it?"

"Well you see....we were both devout christians and we swore to wait till our wedding night..."

"And you didn't, that's not so ter-"

"No Barry.....we did....I never touched your mother and she was never with anyone else...."

"Wha-....What are you saying dad?"

"I'm saying it's Speedforce, I ain't gotta explain SHIT."

shoreu

Theory:

Then he would be referring to the Negative Speedforce It's something that Eobard Thawne is supposed to be using.

shoreu

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing. Do all bad Speedsters use negative speedforce? What is Zoom using?

Well if your darkness theory holds true he is likely using the negative speed force.

In the comics eobard thawne and inertia / kid zoom are the only two to access the negative speed force as its a " cancer" to the speed force that he created.

Hunter zoloman the tv show zoom traditionally does not use the speed force and instead uses spatial time control.

D i Z

Was the zombie really just to give some people something to do? And wasn't barry supposed to be able to return by himself.
And was that something literally to run from point A to point B? and even when barry came back they still just ran from point C to point B again...

talk about stupid and pointless.

The guy who plays Girder also is on Izombie...as a zombie. It's very much a Kevin Smith thing to do. I just wish he'd made Jason Muse wear clothes that actually fit him.

Come on Green Lantern. They've got time, metas and street. Let's go to space god damnit

Will never happen. You won't get a regular taste of that on a TV budget.

Boy this far away planet sure looks like an abandoned Vancouver warehouse huh

Stargate did it for over a decade.

Theory:

That is a thing from the comics.

AlStrong

"Son, I never told you this but.....you see....your mom and I we married when she got pregnant with you..."

"Yeah dad,I know, what about it?"

"Well you see....we were both devout christians and we swore to wait till our wedding night..."

"And you didn't, that's not so ter-"

"No Barry.....we did....I never touched your mother and she was never with anyone else...."

"Wha-....What are you saying dad?"

"I'm saying it's Speedforce, I ain't gotta explain SHIT."

But Barry is the speedforce.

Sr8TLjF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom