• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think this made Flashpoint worth it, for Barry. [Edit, the photos of Iris in those outfits did not show up for some reason]

I put quote tags around it to make sure it scaled properly, but hey, we're on break so fuck it:

ZnxMT29.png

Skii

Just managed to watch the episode and it was great. I really haven't jived much with the current season but it seems to finally be picking up.

My predictions for the prophecy are:

The one to betray is probably Wally. Everything is going too well for him and he needs to understand that these powers aren't to be trifled with. He'll probably be the one to bring back Savitar for the "challenge". I don't know if that's a sign of betrayal but...

The one who dies is Iris... We literally see that during the episode.

The one who suffers a fate worse than death is either Julian or Barry. Barry can't catch a break so I wouldn't be surprised if Savitar goes back in time solely to bring Barry's parents to the present and kill them in front of him one more time.

I'm hoping Black Flash features in the season. Apparently he's
like the grim reaper of speedsters so he might appear for the cleanup

I just want Reverse Flash back. They need to explain how he still exists after Eddie killed himself and I just like the interactions between him and Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
The one who dies is Iris... We literally see that during the episode.

I just want Reverse Flash back. They need to explain how he still exists after Eddie killed himself and I just like the interactions between him and Barry.

Seeing Iris die is basically the guarantee she'll survive. It's the classic bait and switch.

Reverse Flash is back every week... on Legends. And they explained how he still exists. Speed Force.

GulAtiCa

I still imagine that Reverse Flash no longer lost his speed and didn't need to become Wells. Maybe the RF we see on Legends is this new RF that Barry caused.

Who dies - Joe, saving Iris from Savitar

Who betrays the team - Caitlin, temporarily losing control to Killer Frost

Who suffers a fate worse than death - H.R., due to some speedforce BS causing him to be over-written by Wellsobard

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Who suffers a fate worse than death - H.R., due to some speedforce BS causing him to be over-written by Wellsobard

Thinking about it, a speedster would have to be the betrayer since only they can get Savitar's box out of the Speedforce in the first place.

HR's museum idea is likely to become The Flash museum. Fate worse than death.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its a CW show, everybody looks fine....lol.

That Iris Dress though....Barry with a W for this.

Volimar

You guys really think HR is writing a book? You guys really think he's HR? He did just happen to have that face changer with him...

What if he's HR's business partner? He killed HR who was actually a genius like Wells, assumed his identity, and came to Earth 1 in search of the means of gaining powers himself. Or for Big Belly Burger.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure

A fate worse than death has to be losing a child (Joe). It's every parent's worse nightmare.

ZeroX03

Banned
After two years of Wells betraying the team - even if the last guy ended up being good - I'm wondering how willing they would be to do it a third time. They're going to play with audience expectations. The fake Wells comment was vague enough to go either way.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Ever since HR introduced the face changer, it's hard to take prophecy's and future events at face value. Anyone could be anyone.

Skii

Seeing Iris die is basically the guarantee she'll survive. It's the classic bait and switch.

Reverse Flash is back every week... on Legends. And they explained how he still exists. Speed Force.

I guess but that would mean Savitar knows Barry will change the future?

Also, Reverse Flash still being around was revealed in another show and not Flash? Lol. He's like the main antithesis of this show and his return is being addressed in Legends...

ZeroX03

Banned
I guess but that would mean Savitar knows Barry will change the future?

Also, Reverse Flash still being around was revealed in another show and not Flash? Lol. He's like the main antithesis of this show and his return is being addressed in Legends...

He's a main cast member on Legends. And Reverse Flash still being around was addressed to us in the first episode of this season when he ditches after Flashpoint.

ZeroX03

Banned
How was it addressed? I'm curious. I thought it wasn't.

Barry captures Reverse Flash before he kills his mother, takes him to present day Flashpoint universe. Barry realizes he's screwed. RF helps him fix Flashpoint and restore the timeline. RF speeds away at the end of the episode. He's free, Barry didn't stop him.

And he can't die from Eddie's death because Speed Force.

Skii

Barry captures Reverse Flash before he kills his mother, takes him to present day Flashpoint universe. Barry realizes he's screwed. RF helps him fix Flashpoint and restore the timeline. RF speeds away at the end of the episode. He's free, Barry didn't stop him.

And he can't die from Eddie's death because Speed Force.

But that last part doesn't make sense. In the current timeline even though slightly changed, Eddie still kills himself and Reverse Flash still disappears because he was never born. How does the speed force fix this? What does Legends actually say about it?

He manipulates the timeline when he goes back and kills the mom.

This could make sense if it's addressed in later episodes.

Joni

But that last part doesn't make sense. In the current timeline even though slightly changed, Eddie still kills himself and Reverse Flash still disappears because he was never born. How does the speed force fix this? What does Legends actually say about it?

Time remnant.

ZeroX03

Banned

Speed force

Time remnant

Flashpoint

Swag force

Pick your reason, they literally all apply to Reverse Flash. Also the Eddie timeline doesn't happen as we know it, Reverse Flash is not stranded in the past at that point anymore. As usual I'll say with a time travel show, if you want a completely logical reason for something you'll never get it as it's all impossibilities.

Skii

Time remnant.

But time remnants are always from the past right? So they would always eventually meet the same end as their future self if they live long enough? That's how I assumed it worked with season 2. Like if Barry's time remenant was the one who survived and his present self was the one who died, Barry would cease to exist because his present self died.
Speed force

Time remnant

Flashpoint

Swag force

Pick your reason, they literally all apply to Reverse Flash. Also the Eddie timeline doesn't happen as we know it, Recerse Flash is not stranded in the past at that point anymore. Once again I'll say with a time travel show, if you want a completely logical reason for something you'll never get it as it's all impossibilities.

I dont mind their being some logical inconsistencies and suspending my disbelief. I'm watching a show where literally every solution is Cisco making up some words that sound scientific and him creating a random device that saves the day. But for the main villain returning, you'd hope for some sort of explanation. They've done a decent job of using exposition to explain stuff to us so I'm hoping when RF returns to the show, they might mention it.

Speed Force doesn't necessarily need to be explained in LoT because they are a Time Travelling show, not a Speed Force show. The Speed Force show is here, The Flash.

The answer you will always need will be "Because Speed Force." That's it. Trying to figure things out will only give you a head ache when the writer's will not explain it themselves. The same applies to LoT, replace Speed Force with Time Force.

ZeroX03

Banned
But time remnants are always from the past right? So they would always eventually meet the same end as their future self if they live long enough? That's how I assumed it worked with season 2. Like if Barry's time remenant was the one who survived and his present self was the one who died, Barry would cease to exist because his present self died.

I dont mind their being some logical inconsistencies and suspending my disbelief. I'm watching a show where literally every solution is Cisco making up some words that sound scientific and him creating a random device that saves the day. But for the main villain returning, you'd hope for some sort of explanation. They've done a decent job of using exposition to explain stuff to us so I'm hoping when RF returns to the show, they might mention it.

They say time remnant and speed force in The Reverse Flash Returns in S2.

Then he pretty clearly escapes the original timeline in the premiere of S3.

What more do you want? This RF is immune to time paradoxes and any time remnant death clock.

Skii

Speed Force doesn't necessarily need to be explained in LoT because they are a Time Travelling show, not a Speed Force show. The Speed Force show is here, The Flash.

The answer you will always need will be "Because Speed Force." That's it. Trying to figure things out will only give you a head ache when the writer's will not explain it themselves. The same applies to LoT, replace Speed Force with Time Force.

Yeah fair enough. I do hope he features this season. Maybe he's the one who unleashes Savitar.

They say time remnant and speed force in The Reverse Flash Returns in S2.

Then he pretty clearly escapes the original timeline in the premiere of S3.

What more do you want? This RF is immune to time paradoxes and any time remnant death clock.

Yes but it was explained that he was fulfilling the timeline. He had to be there to learn of Flash's origin as well as about Cisco, Wells etc.

I don't know why you're getting worked up. I'm just asking questions as someone who hasn't read the comics.

Teletraan1

Banned
RF has Gideon in Flash S1. His whole interaction with the LoT crew was probably what caused him to be stuck in that time and create barry as we know him in the first place.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yes but it was explained that he was fulfilling the timeline. He had to be there to learn of Flash's origin as well as about Cisco, Wells etc.

I don't know why you're getting worked up. I'm just asking questions as someone who hasn't read the comics.

It's nothing about the comics. The show has pretty clearly stated due to a combination of speed force, time remnants and swag that Reverse Flash still exists. Any inconsistencies in there, blame Flashpoint as other things changed and we're in a new timeline where the events of earlier seasons didn't play out exactly as we saw them. I don't know why you keep asking for an explanation when the show gave it.

Joni

No, they get plucked from the timeline so they can act together with the original. They are meant to live independent from the originals.

You guys really think HR is writing a book? You guys really think he's HR? He did just happen to have that face changer with him...

What if he's HR's business partner? He killed HR who was actually a genius like Wells, assumed his identity, and came to Earth 1 in search of the means of gaining powers himself. Or for Big Belly Burger.

"The Fake Wells"

Skii

RF has Gideon in Flash S1. His whole interaction with the LoT crew was probably what caused him to be stuck in that time and create barry as we know him in the first place.

I dont really understand how the LOT crew even have Gideon. I thought the Flash created it? The crossover episodes really confused me. I don't think it was even worth watching them because of how bad they were and it left me more confused lol.

It's nothing about the comics. The show has pretty clearly stated due to a combination of speed force, time remnants and swag that Reverse Flash still exists. Any inconsistencies in there, blame Flashpoint as other things changed and we're in a new timeline where the events of earlier seasons didn't play out exactly as we saw them. I don't know why you keep asking for an explanation when the show gave it.

It hasn't been explained at all. S2 RF was explained as the past self fulfilling the current timeline. S3 RF existence hasn't been explained with Flashpoint. He's just there and I'm hoping whenever he appears again, he'll tell us that he changed the timeline enough that he never died. I just never took the explanation of "speed force" or "time remnant" as a reason for his existence now. The show never said it so that's why I was asking.

No, they get plucked from the timeline so they can act together with the original. They are meant to live independent from the originals.

Ah okay, guess that makes sense.

I dont really understand how the LOT crew even have Gideon. I thought the Flash created it? The crossover episodes really confused me. I don't think it was even worth watching them because of how bad they were and it left me more confused lol.

In LoT Gideon is kinda like a future pc OS/AI if you will.

ZeroX03

Banned
They can tweak the Flashpoint comic to explain how Thawne still exists:

They basically already did that as the explanation for his return in S2. He was in the speed force. It seems like a Reverse Flash will always exist in this universe in some way.

We'll get Wells RF at some point again, just because why not he's fun.

Top Bottom