• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Magwik

Banned
I'm catching up and right now watching the crossover and its so weird hearing the legends lecture Barry about changing the timeline. How many people have they killed? How does saving some ones life>>>> killing multiple people
The difference being that their method of time travel is more in flux than Barry's. I knock it down to the Speedforce acting against Barry.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm catching up and right now watching the crossover and its so weird hearing the legends lecture Barry about changing the timeline. How many people have they killed? How does saving some ones life>>>> killing multiple people

The Legends don't radically change the timeline for selfish reasons/are aware of changes they make. Barry literally only knows he's changed things afterwards when he talks to people, and even then has no clue what precisely needs changing.

For example -

If Barry went to 1942 he wouldn't know he had to kidnap Einstein in the first place, and even if he did he'd never realise that he had to reunite Einstein and his Ms.

Now if Barry had a computer...

But the real truth is that Barry was meant to be the time related part of the Arrowverse on his own, and now with Legends they've changed that.

The Legends don't have to keep everything exactly intact. Their job is to make sure events that have an important influence on history stay intact. Minor changes are bound to happen, so long as nothing major changes.

But the real truth is that Barry was meant to be the time related part of the Arrowverse on his own, and now with Legends they've changed that.

Now the Multiverse seems to be Flash's quirk, as well as being the central location for Meta-villains.

The breakdown is:

Supergirl - Aliens
Flash - Metas, Multiverse
Arrow - Magic, non-powered villains, darker tone ("gritty realism")
Legends - Time travel is real

I think that you just sort of have to accept that a lot of the stuff the Legends do (like killing mooks) doesn't have a significant effect on the timeline. Exactly why that is should probably be addressed, since at face value it's kind of insane. Personally, I'm fond of the self-correcting timeline hypothesis, that smaller changes can, and are, smoothed over, simply because that's how the universe works. So, Mook A doesn't survive to have a kid he would have had, but somebody else has an extra kid, so that timeline-critical person still exists, just with a different great-great-great grandwhatever than they'd otherwise have. Doesn't work for direct meddling with big-name people and events, but otherwise fine.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: Help save The Flash‘s Iris West by telling us a little about her fate this season!
Ausiello:
The best spin we can offer is that, having seen (himself see) his love get slain by Savitar in the not-too-distant future, Barry will do all that is in his power to avert that ending. “Obviously Barry loves Iris more than anything,” notes co-showrunner Aaron Helbing, “and now that he has gotten a glimpse of the future, the thrust of the back half of the season is Barry trying to do whatever it takes to save her” — with critical assists from both Cisco and Iris’ brother Wally, aka the newly christened Kid Flash. BONUS SCOOP: Helbing warns not to assume that Iris’ death and Barry’s subsequent suffering account for two of Savitar’s three prophecies. “The future is malleable,” the EP notes. “Anything can happen.”

http://tvline.com/2016/12/20/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-spoilers-sheldon-amy-ask-ausiello/

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Time Fuckery: A Family Business.

Trailer was good though.
I like how Barry didn't keep that knowledge to himself for the rest of the season. I was a little worried about that being a plot point.

So, when do the new seasons of CW shows hit Netflix now?

I thought they had a new agreement where the entire seasons would hit Netflix a couple weeks after the seasons ended.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

ZeroX03

Banned
Merry Gifmas!

xmas5501pqa.gif

xmas77pvri0.gif

infinitedancefosc0.gif

I had a weird dream the other day that Tom Cavanagh was married to somebody I know. Shit was cash.

That is all. Continue on. Also, I really don't know why I'm up so early with a Barryover...

GulAtiCa

Skip Supergirl. It's 10 seconds is fully included in The Flash version.

Watch Supergirl of course if your watching the show of course.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Now we're just openly posting gifs from the future?

Some of us like to stay spoiler free, you know.

Top Bottom