• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

sorry my bad

qEBff9k.gif

raw

Joni

When all the main love interests are dead, everyone will be happy. Laurel dying improved Arrow. Iris dying will improve Flash and James dying will be noticed by no one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I won't stand for this Iris slander. Keep it up, y'all. I'm keeping tabs on names.

8-Training-Day-quotes.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Because he was pining for his sister.

Yeah thats Barrys decision - dont always have to use a woman as scapegoat because the MC doesnt act the way you want him too..lol. Iris was cool with him dating Patty - Barry had multiple chances to make it work but he screwed it up.

Joni

Once again people like to conveniently forget that Barry was crushing on Iris before he moved in with them.

He was 11. That is a childhood crush.

Yeah thats Barrys decision - dont always have to use a woman as scapegoat because the MC doesnt act the way you want him too..lol. Iris was cool with him dating Patty - Barry had multiple chances to make it work but he screwed it up.

Yes, and killing Iris will bring the one true Patty back. And will drive Wally into the arms of Dr Light.

tmdorsey

He was 11. That is a childhood crush.

It obviously stuck with him. Fact of it is, he's always had a crush on her and we never gotten any indication that he ever saw her as a sister. Joe raising him as son does not equal him and Iris being siblings.

I want Barry to fail to prevent the confrontation.

Then when Savitar's about to drive in the blade, Iris is saved by a mysterious speedster.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Hey Gramps! Couldn't let Megatron here kill Grandma and erase me from existence!"

Magwik

Banned
What would be more interesting? A prediction of the future that can be stopped or one where they fail and she actually dies? It is the latter.
Iris dying will be the first consequence to directly affect him that teaches him the lesson of messing with time. If Savitar isn't some manifestation of evil created by Barry's time aberrations I would be disappointed. His actions are getting rather repetitive and annoying.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think the threat to Iris is a red herring. It's to divert attention away from them doing a story of "Who/What is Savitar?" We kinda already know but they eventually have to reveal his motivations a little more. With there being a future threat to Iris they can play around with the concept of destiny and if the future can be changed for a few episodes before getting into the home stretch for the season.

I think we'll get conflicting answers to leave thing ambiguous. Like maybe they change a future event but then something similar ends up happening anyway.

When all the main love interests are dead, everyone will be happy. Laurel dying improved Arrow. Iris dying will improve Flash and James dying will be noticed by no one.

Arrow got better because Laurel's death was literally the lowest point of the series.
Everyone started massively dumping on it which is amazing since S3 didn't even reach that hate,
they realized their errors after the final.

The rest of the season with her dead was still real shitty.

Grizzlyjin

The problem is that it would feel derivative again if they mess up. They should keep him as a force of nature.

Yeah, I hope Savitar is just what they said he is. The 'who' doesn't matter that much if he's from thousands of years ago. Being something that sets things straight would be appropriate with this season's theme of responsibility and owning up to the consequences of your actions.

Joni

Arrow got better because Laurel's death was literally the lowest point of the series.
Everyone started massively dumping on it which is amazing since S3 didn't even reach that hate,
they realized their errors after the final.

The rest of the season with her dead was still real shitty.

Yet the death episode was one of the best acted of the entire series. And it took out a character that was just baggage like Iris is. They tried to integrate her more but she is still just there. Outside of dating Barry she doesn't have a role.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yet the death episode was one of the best acted of the entire series. And it took out a character that was just baggage like Iris is. They tried to integrate her more but she is still just there. Outside of dating Barry she doesn't have a role.

You havent been paying much attention at all if you think she doesnt have a role outside of her relationship to Barry.

So you want all potential love interest to die for a better plot (on a CW show lol) at the same time you are shipping Patty/Barry...so what is it ?

Joni

You havent been paying much attention at all if you think she doesnt have a role outside of her relationship to Barry.
What does she really do? Complain that Wally shouldn't be a hero, talk and cheer up Barry, and what? What is she adding to the plot?

So you want all potential love interest to die for a better plot (on a CW show lol) at the same time you are shipping Patty/Barry...so what is it ?

Many CW shows have good plots. I'm only watching 8 of their shows every week because I like their plots. Patty did have a role, she was a police officer, she did something.

Xenoboy

What does she really do? Complain that Wally shouldn't be a hero, talk and cheer up Barry, and what? What is she adding to the plot?

Many CW shows have good plots. I'm only watching 8 of their shows every week because I like their plots. Patty did have a role, she was a police officer, she did something.

Well, she has been getting Barry some info on things and what not with her reporting skills, she had for example a lead on Julian. I guess that's it, maybe it'll be something they're going to push forward a little bit more in the future?

Grizzlyjin

Iris helped those people off the bus that one time too!

ZeroX03

Banned
Bring back Linda for Wally

He needs an upgrade from Jesse

I don't think the show has quite the handle on relationships that the comics have. Nothing the show has done comes close to Wally/Linda, Barry/Iris don't have that same spark. It does well with the parental relationships - something that wasn't a serious focus for Wally's run - but romantically not so much. The fan fervor isn't on par with Olicity either ha.

Patty got a one way train ticket to the trash heap where she belongs.

Now where the hell is Linda? There's supposed to be two of her running around now.

Patty got a one way train ticket to the trash heap where she belongs.

Now where the hell is Linda? There's supposed to be two of her running around now.

For one second, we were going to throw Speed Force Hands until you redeemed yourself with your talk about Linda. I member we still have a naked Earth-2 Linda running around. Do you member?

Top Bottom