• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

CryptiK

With it being Fox does that mean no crossovers? Seems like because they mentioned Gotham it might not even be in the Arrowverse.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With it being Fox does that mean no crossovers? Seems like because they mentioned Gotham it might not even be in the Arrowverse.

I think it's already been confirmed not to be Arrowverse. It's just from the same team.

This reminds me of this one show where the kids were dating, but then suddenly their parents got married, thereby making them stepsiblings all of a sudden. They tried to make it work, but called it quits after awhile. Pretty sure it was Degrassi or something lol

That kinda sorta happened to my best friend but it was years after he and the girl broke up and his mother ended up marrying her father.

morningbus

9 slots, Supernatural isn't ever dying

I just assumed that Supernatural would join the Arrowverse at that point.

Then the CW logo comes on the screen and a D grapples in like Batman, bumping up against the C and causing the W to fall over to reveal that we're DCTV now.

That kinda sorta happened to my best friend but it was years after he and the girl broke up and his mother ended up marrying her father.

Hope they feel ashamed for the retrograde incest they committed.

Skux

The Arrowverse creators have a Black Lightning series in development for Fox. Could be a formal announcement of that.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/black-lightning-fox-show-greg-berlanti-1201855055/

*looks up Wikipedia for Black Lightning*

The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was a character called the Black Bomber, a white racist who would turn into a black superhero under stress, and be later described by comics historian Don Markstein as "an insult to practically everybody with any point of view at all."

Fucking hell lol

ZeroX03

Banned
It would not surprise me if they eventually did an Flash/Arrow/Constantine crossover. The cast are down. Probably just need Barry to facilitate Stephen Amell playing pals with the brothers for an episode or two. Ratings all around. Hasn't Supernatural already done like meta/alternate reality stuff?

Joni

If it is Black Lightning, I hope it is Arrowverse, even if it is just small references.

It would not surprise me if they eventually did an Flash/Arrow/Constantine crossover. The cast are down. Probably just need Barry to facilitate Stephen Amell playing pals with the brothers for an episode or two. Ratings all around. Hasn't Supernatural already done like meta/alternate reality stuff?

Yeah, they have done an episode in which they meet the cast of Supernatural.

LionPride

Banned
On the Linda Park/Barry date episode/Firestorm episode, a scientific discussion on if Barry's speed will make him "faster"

Yep, Season one is honestly great.

It lives!
titans.jpg

please

TNT was never the right channel for it anyway.

morningbus

Watchmen would be so much better as a series, especially on HBO.
I don't know how you adapt it to a multiseason series, though. This is not a franchise that people like seeing "expanded."

Though a season 2 with Manhattan
as the god of the DC universe would be amazing.

morningbus

My dream DC(ish) TV project would be an adaptation of Astro City.

An anthology series on HBO, please.

Platy

I love Marvel comics, but my list of dream comic->tv adaptations is basicaly all dc because of

AsMb6YU.png

An anthology series on HBO based on _____________ vertigo series, please

Sandman
Fables
Books of Magic
Preacher (meh)
Hellblazer (meh)
Swamp Thing
Y: The Last Man
Deadman

I could go on forever

I honestly feel like we'll see another team based Arrowverse show with a younger cast than Legends. Whether it's a Teen Titans show or some revival of the Blackbirds concept, I honestly don't know.

Makonero

They seriously did not fuck up Grodd.

They actually made a psychic gorilla supervillain not only work, but be fucking terrifying.

I think King Muthafuckin' Shark is still the standout for me in terms of things I never thought I'd see in live action, but Grodd comes close.

Here's hoping we get Folded Man or Fallout soon.

Sephzilla

Are we still hung up on the whole Barry/Iris thing? The show established that Barry was crushing on her before Reverse Flash fucked up things.

kmfdmpig

Astro City is such a great comic, and I think it could work well now. It wouldn't have worked well 10 years ago as it relies so heavily on audiences knowing the archetypes and themes of comics, but now those that have an interest in superheroes should be well aware of those.

Top Bottom