• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Pretty sure Savitar's suit is made from Speed Force, the dude probably isn't jacked.

So all bets on S4 being the rogues?
The evil team concept seems to be working wonders for Legends

Hard to make that call without seeing what happens with Wentworth and Cold on Legends.

They'd be insane to try the Rogues without Cold. They can do the New Rogues and Rogue War, but at the end of the day Cold is the heart and soul. Also they need a new Mirror Master and The Top. Trip to Earth-2 imminent.

My vote for a long time now is we get to someone mystical like Neron. Although part of me thinks they should wait a few more years so there's more characters for him to raise from the dead.

If we're never getting a Green Lantern, might as well do Star Sapphire.

Oooh, I'd be down for that. And in tradition CWTV fashion, once they get their foot in the door it'd probably only escalate from there... maybe not GLs, but we could at least get some Reds or Blues.

Was watching some dctv panel and I guess they confirmed no speedster villain for season 4. The panel footage was from emergency awesomes youtube. They explained episode 19 as well and it sounds interesting.

Skux

Ugh, last episode felt like Arrow's last season where Felicity walked out on Oliver straight after regaining the ability to walk. Just bad drama.

These Savitar episodes have been so depressing. I thought each was gonna be a cool sort of standalone episode where they cross off future events and make the future a better place. They are taking it way too seriously.

Joni

So all bets on S4 being the rogues? The evil team concept seems to be working wonders for Legends

Hard to make that call without seeing what happens with Wentworth and Cold on Legends.

I could excuse them not using Cold on Legends if they use him a lot for Rogues. Write Mick out of Legends so he can go protect his friend. We would need them and Peyton List to go up against the other rogues for control.

Dysun

The cast of characters go a long way to making the show likable, but the writing has been pretty bad since the Zoom reveal. Feels like we've been going in circles in alot of respects

Realeza

Banned
Ugh, last episode felt like Arrow's last season where Felicity walked out on Oliver straight after regaining the ability to walk. Just bad drama.

These Savitar episodes have been so depressing. I thought each was gonna be a cool sort of standalone episode where they cross off future events and make the future a better place. They are taking it way too seriously.

Holy shit, you are right. The Barris drama is getting tiresome.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's looking good but at the same time I know it's not going to be anywhere close to Once More With Feeling and that's kind of the genre comparison. If they do another one they should do it closer to the start of the season so there's more pre-production prep time. I appreciate the attempts but these last minute crossovers do suffer from being rushed.

Xenoboy

It's looking good but at the same time I know it's not going to be anywhere close to Once More With Feeling and that's kind of the genre comparison. If they do another one they should do it closer to the start of the season so there's more pre-production prep time. I appreciate the attempts but these last minute crossovers do suffer from being rushed.

To be fair, this crossover was announced last year quite early in the season, I wouldn't really call it rushed.

ZeroX03

Banned
To be fair, this crossover was announced last year quite early in the season, I wouldn't really call it rushed.

They specifically said they couldn't do all original songs because of the time frame. The later an episode is in the season the more of a crunch it is to get done. Also it was originally supposed to be a true two parter that was cut down to a single episode.

Compare it to Once More With Feeling, which took Joss Whedon six months of writing in advance of production plus he took time off the show. Then the actors had three months of rehearsal. Here the actors got a day of rehearsal. It got a bit more time than an ordinary episode but for a musical it's insanely rushed. The crossover scheduling really doesn't help either.

Xenoboy

They specifically said they couldn't do all original songs because of the time frame. The later an episode is in the season the more of a crunch it is to get done. Also it was originally supposed to be a true two parter that was cut down to a single episode.

Compare it to Once More With Feeling, which took Joss Whedon six months of writing in advance of production plus he took time off the show. Then the actors had three months of rehearsal. Here the actors got a day of rehearsal. It got a bit more time than an ordinary episode but for a musical it's insanely rushed. The crossover scheduling really doesn't help either.

I didn't know this, although I didn't recall it being a two parter, must have misread it before. That's a shame.

Zen Aku

If The Flash were created 15 years ago instead of Smallville: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYsiNebcgQ

This made me miss the good ole cheesy intro days of the WB/CW. :/

thats-good.gif

Can I get an Arrow version of this too?

jrush64

Banned
Smallville was garbage but I'd definitely take an intro like this over the current DC/CW ones (although they are short which is nice)

Come on dude, Smallville wasn't garbage. Had it weak Seasons but it was not garbage. It was entertaining for the time it came out.

Zen Aku

Ahhhh yeah!! I think I like the Flash one just a bit better because it reminds me of Clark and his display of powers more. Where as Arrow is a tiny bit boring cause he's still just a dude with a bow. Still great. *nostalgia*
Come on dude, Smallville wasn't garbage. Had it weak Seasons but it was not garbage. It was entertaining for the time it came out.
As someone who grew up on Smallville, it definitely was great until Clark got out of high school and then the whole Lana super powers bs was the lowest point until they finally expanded from just Clark to the Justice League-lite, brought in Zod then it became decent again.

I'm just glad Smallville ended on a high note. Definitely a lot of memorable moments and guest stars.

Season 10 and especially the finale killed pretty much any desire I had to go back and watch Smallville ever again. Though I can't believe I stuck to it from the original,pre-Annette O'Toole pilot to the very end despite all the bullshit, I think the closet I ever got to dropping it was season eight when Lana came back with super powers but while retaining her most sinister ability and wiped out every bit of progress Clark had been making. Oh and then there was the "Henry James Olsen" crap and that was also season eight wasn't it? I'm glad the powers that be weren't in love with Lois as much as they were Lana (or well, Kristen Kreuk) and Chloe when Lana was gone.

Yeah, those openings are way better than the dumb narration we have now. "...And I'm the only one fast enough to save her." No. There are several people faster than you now, bro.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I really dislike the Flash V/O intros since season 2. Mainly the part about being fastest person alive. No, clearly your not...

ZeroX03

Banned
I let it slide. "My name is X and I am the Fastest Man Alive" is the speedster motto, it's been in the books for decades. I hope Eobard says it on Legends.

Zen Aku

I let it slide. "My name is X and I am the Fastest Man Alive" is the speedster motto, it's been in the books for decades. I hope Eobard says it on Legends.

My name is Eobard Thawne, and I am the fastest man alive*. Well shit I have to be, I got a Speed Wraith on my ass!"

* Well I'm not the fastest, Savitar is faster than me. But I sure as hell am fastest than that loser Barry "Double L" Allen.

Joni

#3.19 is directed by Tom Cavanagh and will also feature the return of
Mirror Mehster

That certainly gives me mixed feelings.

My name is Eobard Thawne, and I am the fastest man alive*. Well shit I have to be, I got a Speed Wraith on my ass!"

* Well I'm not the fastest, Savitar is faster than me. But I sure as hell am fastest than that loser Barry "Double L" Allen.

Savitar doesn't seem to be faster.

Yeah, those openings are way better than the dumb narration we have now. "...And I'm the only one fast enough to save her." No. There are several people faster than you now, bro.

Jay is trapped in the speed force

PTSD has put the brakes on Wally

Eobard isn't using his speed to avoid alerting Zoomasaurus

Jesse is off world

Now it's just Savitar he has to take care of before he can be the fastest man alive again.

Well, Savitar and whoever drives Oliver to Nanda Parbat

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are you technically a speedster if you need a motorcycle?

God damn it. I just spoiled season 4.

jobrro

Flash should start copying Legends and have a rotation for the opening dialogue.

"My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man... "

"My name is Wally West and I am the fastest man alive... "

"My name is Savitar and I am the fastest transformer/'god'/man alive... "

"My name is Iris West and I am the fastest man alive... "

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

If this show was paced like Smallville, we wouldn't be done with the original Reverse Flash plot until like the end of next season.

GulAtiCa

Smallville was always pretty bad. I always loved it when it was first out though. I remember being so hyped for each episode. Wasn't reallytill I re-watched the series later on in college that I noticed that the middle episodes of the season were usually all the same "kryptonite of the week". 1st time viewing it appeared fine and not that bad. But when you really re-watch it, it's pretty bad. The only savings were that some middle of season episodes were more important, which added extra hype/goodness to it.

I do tend to think the 1st few seasons were pretty decent / enjoyable. The dynamics between Lex & Clark were pretty great. Lionel in the later seasons was awesome. Chloe was among my favorites.

I really ended up hating Lana in the end do to the writer's obsession with her and how dumb the show got with it's focus on her.

Top Bottom