• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why was Dawson's Creek on a TV in 1990? That show started in 98. Also the running between Iris and Joe was absurd. Usually I can ignore inconsistencies but man it was bad. He runs over to talk with Iris for like 10 full seconds and then runs back to Joe like no time had passed. Sure the travel time is nothing but talking with other people takes time. Would have been a better scene if Joe and Iris just knew he was running back and forth and acted like it was no big deal.

I know JWS can slur his words a bit (he's also definitely looking a bit fitter than last season!), but yeah he definitely said 1998. They know what year Dawson's Creek started, Greg Berlanti wrote on it!

He has Iris, Felicity will be a supportive friend that verbally kicks his ass when he needs to, like in this episode.

That's not how The CW works.

wildfire

Banned
I love the pace of this show. Flashpoint got solved in one episode. This drama crap got solved with one episode. Good thing that e can move on from that.

He has Iris, Felicity will be a supportive friend that verbally kicks his ass when he needs to, like in this episode.

Reverseflash and Van Hellsing are never wrong. One has seen multiple timelines and the other one has lived for centuries. Respect their experience. There would be drama with Felicity again. You are right she is back to being a fun bubbly type now and it sucks we're only getting it on crossovers.

Edit: Also for those of you criticizing how Barry is too slow for the new speedsters, my head canon is that it's because dude just isn't trying as hard. He's trying to pace himself cause as we saw in the scene where he goes back and forth between Iris and Joe, he does get tired. I mean over the last few months he went so fast he went back in time and killed himself, then time traveled multiple times after that, and on top of that has been fighting baddies. Maybe he's either tired or just wants to slow down a bit.

It's just annoying. I assume when he was going back and forth between Iris and Joe, he was actually moving far faster than what he is supposed to be calculated to be at by Comic Vine users and redditors (I'm guessing he was moving somewhere around the speed Fox Quicksilver was moving). It's the only way I can see Barry being so out of breath. Dude can move way faster but it will make him really tired.

I'm going to go ahead and repeat what you said, he's tired. I'm also going to speculate that Barry's body needs time to get accustomed to how fast his brain is moving. They're not n'sync. He needs a filler episode or some sort of a training montage lol.

With regards to his battle with Speedsters:

- Beats an inexperienced Thawne. Win
Granted Thawne was shown to be faster than Barry lol
Barry was smart in using his phasing ability and his shortcuts!
- Lost to a very powerful Thawne (not going to recount his many losses). Loss
Managed to beat Thawne with the help of Firestorm and Green Arrow
Which Green Arrow did most of the work lol
Got a lucky Super Speed punch on Thawne but gets thrashed later on
Only beat Thawne due to Eddie sacrificing himself
- Lost nearly half of his encounters he had with Zoom but eventually beats him. Win
Got destroyed during their first encounter lol
Beats Zoom due to teamwork but Zoom escapes lol
Beats a Remnant which gets killed by Zoom
Barry was smart during the last battle, a decisive win for Barry!
- Lost to a drugged up, no experience Speedster in Trajectory. Loss
Didn't necessarily beat her because she played herself
- Beats The Rival. Win
But he was losing his memories and got distracted
Shouldn't of had any issues during their second fight
But did have issues due to Dr. Alchemy amplifying Clariss for the third fight
Barry was caught by surprise due to Dr. Alchemy
Beats Rival with the help of Vibe

That's 3 wins for Barry and 2 losses. Decent. The 2 out of 3 wins Barry has was actually smart in Barry terms since he beat them solo compared to his other losses. Beating Speedster's with teamwork isn't necessarily a bad thing though. Also, I just like talking about this and wondering about this when I'm alone :p

Here is what I'm going to say on his speed and powers. They are and will continue to be inconsistent and it depends entirely on his love with Iris and how confident he is. Do not overthink these things like me :p

KonradLaw

That was a lot better than the premiere. More exiciting, the emotional beats hit harder too.

But..why isn't Barry wearing the tahyons device?

Sölf

Good episode. I like Alchemy, but I like creepy plague doctor looking villains all the time. xD
Does anyone have a link to the preview for the next episode?

Patryn

I know JWS can slur his words a bit (he's also definitely looking a bit fitter than last season!), but yeah he definitely said 1998. They know what year Dawson's Creek started, Greg Berlanti wrote on it!

I might have missed someone mentioning it, but JWS was ON it, as Dawson's dad.

Xenoboy

Is it just me or has the fights become a bit better than the last 2 seasons?
That moment of truth when Barry tells everyone the truth, so many tears.

Joni

What, are you saying Jay Garrick is Dawson's dad?

Is Earth-3 the Dawsonverse?

We were waiting for the minute they joined up with the other Berlanti shows. Just need Everwood or No Ordinary Family. Then we can call it the Berlantiverse instead of Arrowverse.

strafer

The way Iris looks at Barry man.

mWiK88S.gif

Respect their experience. There would be drama with Felicity again. You are right she is back to being a fun bubbly type now and it sucks we're only getting it on crossovers.

I'm gonna assume you guys both dropped Arrow like in S3 because Felicity has been doing exactly that for most of S4 and continuing on in the premiere of S5. The difference is that she gets more plot focus.

Nategc20

Banned
If the Rival is as fast or faster than Barry why doesnt he go back in time and make some changes.

It would have been a nice change of pace if Barry was faster than the Rival and after beating him Barry says "I fought Reverse Flash and Zoom so sorry Rival you are too slow" I guess the writers of the show really wanted Cisco to help tag team Rival.
How would he know how to use the speed force within a day?

Sephzilla

If the Rival is as fast or faster than Barry why doesnt he go back in time and make some changes.

It would have been a nice change of pace if Barry was faster than the Rival and after beating him Barry says "I fought Reverse Flash and Zoom so sorry Rival you are too slow" I guess the writers of the show really wanted Cisco to help tag team Rival.

I'm pretty sure he's not as fast as Barry

I'm gonna assume you guys both dropped Arrow like in S3 because Felicity has been doing exactly that for most of S4 and continuing on in the premiere of S5. The difference is that she gets more plot focus.

No i am still watching Arrow, but her role in Arrow is drama drama drama, while in this episode she was supporting Barry while still being lighthearted. Felicity on Arrow is all serious almost all the time, and that makes her character boring and crap.

Sober

They're in a Post-Flashpoint timeline. David Ramsey confirmed at Comic-Con that Flashpoint would affect Diggle, and Mericle recently stated that Flashpoint would play a role in how Katie Cassidy would return to Arrow.
I'm curious how this will work. Guessing the crossover will be the time to talk about it in Arrow, cause Arrow seems to mostly be going it's own way in the premiere as if nothing changed, or maybe the timing in both shows is slightly off and not simultaneous just yet.

I guess the all creators under the Arrowverse show is just hedging their bets that if you watch Arrow you're probably watching The Flash at least, so having Barry do time travel fuckery and it impacts your show will just be a fact of life. Do wonder how this is gonna affect people watching the show linearly, i.e. binging, etc., rather than watching live.

oti

Banned
Felicity was the best thing about this episode and no I don't watch Arrow I don't care I still like Felicity mkay?

Thinking more about last night's episode, I really enjoyed how the show is pulling a Buffy and just having Felton's character always been there; at least for the past year. It's pretty funny how they have seem to have had a long relationship with him, but we're just now seeing him. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him, but I hope he doesn't end up as just another villain. He could be a cool addition to the show for a while.

I'm curious how this will work. Guessing the crossover will be the time to talk about it in Arrow, cause Arrow seems to mostly be going it's own way in the premiere as if nothing changed, or maybe the timing in both shows is slightly off and not simultaneous just yet.

I guess the all creators under the Arrowverse show is just hedging their bets that if you watch Arrow you're probably watching The Flash at least, so having Barry do time travel fuckery and it impacts your show will just be a fact of life. Do wonder how this is gonna affect people watching the show linearly, i.e. binging, etc., rather than watching live.

Well yeah from Arrow's perspective nothing would have changed, any Flashpoint changes would be normal to them.

CryptiK

Thats because the only thing seemingly changed in Arrow is that Diggle now has a son. And Diggle isnt in the show for now. So they can get away with not explaining it til the crossover where it will be fully explained and all other changes revealed.

Joni

The first Arrow episode would need to be post-Flashpoint; it aired after Flashpoint ended.

Top Bottom