• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

"Where'd Magneta go in the three seconds I was taking care of that wall? I guess she got away even though I could just pop my head out that door instantly and look both ways down the hallway and see her."

Yeah whats with that.

She couldnt have gotten too far and Barry could have checked the whole area in a second!!!!!!!!!

caliph95

Yeah whats with that.

She couldnt have gotten too far and Barry could have checked the whole area in a second!!!!!!!!!

The same thing happened with the shape shifting dude, where he let him show off his powers and instead of knocking him out instantly he let him walk away first and lost him somehow. Barry is an idiot

Joni

The same thing happened with the shape shifting dude, where he let him show off his powers and instead of knocking him out instantly he let him walk away first and lost him somehow. Barry is an idiot

He sometimes forgets he has superspeed.

rossonero

So Barry has been running around for 3 years defeating Reverse Flash and Zoom and yet in this season both Rival and a newbie like Jesse are as fast as him? Wtf...

Hobbun

Still a week behind, haven't see this Tuesday's yet.

I have to agree the title of the OT, though, seems like they took a step back on character development, as he's in
the altered future
All I need to see now is a moody Cisco from now on. I loved his character.

So Barry has been running around for 3 years defeating Reverse Flash and Zoom and yet in this season both Rival and a newbie like Jesse are as fast as him? Wtf...

Plot Force combined with Speed Force = Ain't Gotta Explain Shit :/

With the Rival, we can at least give him the benefit of the doubt since he was fighting Wally his whole Speedster life on Flashpoint and Alchemy helped him unlock his true potential.

But yes, Barry is as fast or as slow as the plot demands. Asking questions will lead to headaches.

Spoilers and speculation for this week's episode:
So Wally is totally going to get his powers from Alchemy, right? All this talk and reminders that people from Flashpoint are getting good their powers (and some memories) from Alchemy. I'm betting Wally is going to seek out Alchemy and get his speed that way, putting him into conflict with Barry.

So Wally is totally going to get his powers from Alchemy, right? All this talk and reminders that people from Flashpoint are getting good their powers (and some memories) from Alchemy. I'm betting Wally is going to seek out Alchemy and get his speed that way, putting him into conflict with Barry.

100 percent.

Well duh.

As much as I don't want that, that is what is going to happen. Just in time for the bigly.

😊

8Dp9PJR.gif

Ashhong

Speed must be a pretty cheap special effect to produce because every season someone has besides barry.

Funny because I remember back in the Smallville days speed was the most expensive thing and took the longest. I think like a 45 second segment took weeks or more.

ZeroX03

Banned
Funny because I remember back in the Smallville days speed was the most expensive thing and took the longest. I think like a 45 second segment took weeks or more.

Things have long since changed. If you listen to Kevin Smith talk about directing Flash he talks about how they've mastered the art of setting up the shots where Barry speeds away and doing the effects.

Ashhong

Things have long since changed. If you listen to Kevin Smith talk about directing Flash he talks about how they've mastered the art of setting up the shots where Barry speeds away and doing the effects.

Well yea of course. It's been what, 15 years? Smallville the OG

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Here's the exact same clip but without the FX (posted on Violett's Twitter)

https://twitter.com/violettbeane/status/788549286891958272

Oh, that's really cool.

I'm ready for Wally to go Darth Vader on us thanks to Alchemy. Jesse getting attention from Team Flash because of her speed. Barry getting attention from Joe because of his dumbness. Well not really, it would make next to no sense for Wally to become evil. But him fucking up or doing something dangerous in an attempt to get powers, oh yes. Give that to me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Baseless speculation: Jesse goes back to Earth-2 and changes the timeline with speedster powers. Fresh supply of different versions of Wells.

defiant04

Banned

Its amazing how bad the special effects look on smallville, looking back at youtube clips. Remember how much of a bug deal it was when clark flew for the first time?

comicbook shows have come a long way...

Future

Disappointing episode. We had a really hard time with the poor CW app too. It locked up, and to get back to the place we were at 30 minutes, had to watch all the commercial breaks in order again. Maybe I should just stream from the CW site again. So I'm feeling like sour grapes, here comes my moaning.

Anyway, the show teases us with Flashpoint and with the appearance of Wally/Kid Flash in the Flashpoint universe for only 1 episode, and now we have to tolerate the Jessie Quick-gets-her-powers-but-dad-is-worried episode, while Wally is depressed because he's still slow. Lame D-grade enemy in Magenta. Why is Magenta's hair highlighted in magenta?

It's the lack of attention to the Flash universe rules that is killing the fun for me, and also focusing on crap and not giving us more of the main/liked characters. Several of you mention the inconsistencies above. For example, just *some* consistency in the speed rules please writers? Jessie's dainty necklace and top didn't even rip off from the 700 MPH winds. At least they could invent a 'speed force aura' type of explanation, after having showed several times that clothes burn up / fall off at that speed. Oh, and Flash just leaves Iris at the waterfront, he can't zip her back? (How does she get home?) .

Feels like writers are getting lazy and not bothering being consistent. 2 seasons in a row with Barry training to get faster and Jessie is running in pace right at the start. At least acknowledge her learning curve

Top Bottom