• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

I figured he was Alchemy, but I'm glad they got that reveal over with.

The early reveals (Merlyn in Arrow S1, RF in Flash S1) tend to lend themselves to better storytelling as opposed to the drawn out Zoom stuff from last season.

tim1138

Kinda surprised there was no set up for the crossover. As it stands right now, it makes it feel pretty inconsequential and gimmicky, like it has no impact on the actual continuity of the shows.

It was all hyped and then the end kind of brought it all down for me :/ This Love and Hope conquers all is getting tiring.

The highlight has to be Barry getting Speed handled by Savitar. That was just brutal. Savitar seems to be traveling via portals instead of running when he dropped Barry. That's pretty cool and interesting.

Only interesting thing at the end is Julian doesn't really want to be Alchemy.

Yup. That's their take on Alchemy that was the surprise and not a different persona by day and by night. The Philosopher's stone being the only way he gets powers explains why he is jealous of real metahumans and has a disdain for them. His powers aren't innate and he hates it. That's my theory on why he hates metahumans, at least.

Volimar

It was all hyped and then the end kind of brought it all down for me :/ This Love and Hope conquers all is getting tiring.

The highlight has to be Barry getting Speed handled by Savitar. That was just brutal. Savitar seems to be traveling via portals instead of running when he dropped Barry. That's pretty cool and interesting.

All his talk about bringing his return, I wonder if Savitar can only exist in our reality for short periods. The alchemy stone may be the key.

The season of new careers

Oliver trades in his broke ass ex-billionaire title and becomes a mayor

Kara trades in her assistant title and becomes a reporter

Winn trades in his IT Guy title and becomes a government Cisco

Nate trades in his Historian title and becomes a superhero

Sara trades in her assassin title and becomes a Captain

Barry trades in his CSI title and becomes a guy who lives on Cisco's couch

All his talk about bringing his return, I wonder if Savitar can only exist in our reality for short periods. The alchemy stone may be the key.

Maybe he can only exist via mystical accessories and the Philosopher's stone plays a huge part of it. Maybe he only exists in the Speed Force (if he harnesses the Speed Force for this incarnation of Savitar) and comes out when Barry or another Speedster exerts alot of Speed Force. But there is something to his dialogue with Alchemy.

Maybe he means a human form? He can't be human anymore and needs Alchemy to help him return to his human form.

JSevere

Episode was kind of a mixed bag imo. The dynamic between Killer Frost and the rest of the team (Barry and Cisco vs. Caitlin was great) and Savitar's introduction were highlights, and the fact that he's considered a god and has his own group of followers in a neat wrinkle that differentiates him from the other villain speedsters. I still feel like Caitlin's transformation could've been handled better though, and Wally emerging from his cocoon thing felt pretty tacked on.

Also I'm surprised there was no lead-in to this year's crossover, considering the first halves of both Flash and Arrow last year were spent setting that one up. But since it's gonna take place over three hours of airtime there's not really any reason to rush into it I guess.

Yea, no lead-in to the crossover seems like it'll make the crossover a bit weird. But they won't need one this week because it starts with Supergirl (the lead-in) and then the crossover continues until LoT.

has they had Abracadabra yet? Or will he bee 4th season big bad?

I don't think so, Slayven. My memories kind of fuzzy about S1 but I don't remember Abracadabra appearing.

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss. Killer Frost offering up that truth about Barry's Ls.

Also, that kiss is going to keep some ships alive a little longer.

Luigi87

has they had Abracadabra yet? Or will he bee 4th season big bad?

Yea, no lead-in to the crossover seems like it'll make the crossover a bit weird. But they won't need one this week because it starts with Supergirl (the lead-in) and then the crossover continues until LoT.

I don't think so, Slayven. My memories kind of fuzzy about S1 but I don't remember Abracadabra appearing.

He hasn't.
... So, here's hoping!

it'll be another friggin speedster instead...

Slayven

Rival's dead

They still have Godspeed, Johnny Quick, Daniel West, Der Zyklon, Baroness Blitzkrieg, and Death the Black Racer, though.

I was going with quality. You might as well said Fastbak.

I still say Season 4 should be Cobalt Blue, great way to tie back in to season 1 and the ground work is there

"If you want to leave this room, you're going to have to kill me."
"Don't think I won't."
"Then do it."
Killer Frost stabs Barry. He dies.

Wally takes over as the King of Ls, the one true Flash.

--

Julian spitting that hot fire too. Nice. Also Iris and Joe holding up for Barry is nice, but Julian was spot-on.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm going to operate on the theory that Savitar is just basically a monster.

The speedforce and Barry's misuse of it just manifested as a creature with a god complex.

They getting pretty low. It's Inertia, and The Rival left

I don't think they are going to revisit The Rival. If they are then all lost is hope. They still have Daniel West and I could see them using him in a future season to break up the West and Allen relationship even more.

I hope they bring in the New Gods so we get Black Racer.

I lost track of how many Ls Barry caught this episode.

Quite enjoyed that episode actually.

Tonight's episode is literally a huge L for Barry and it was about time he had some truth L bijuu bombs thrown his way.

Pics_nao

The whole Savitar sequence was dope. No lead in for the crossover though? Arrow did the same thing but that kinda has an explanation. Did Supergirl set anything up?

The Light

Speaking of Ronnie is he actually killed off? Surprised we haven't seen him since they are exploring alternative earths. I suppose Robbie really doesn't want to come back to do a quick guest spot.

They still have Daniel West and I could see them using him in a future season to break up the West and Allen relationship even more.

He'll be Joe's brother who was selling Francine drugs and sleeping with her on the side. The twist will be that he's Wally's real dad.

Speaking of Ronnie is he actually killed off? Surprised we haven't seen him since they are exploring alternative earths. I suppose Robbie really doesn't want to come back to do a quick guest spot.

Dead on Earths 1 and 2

Supergirl isn't really part of the crossover. The only crossover content will be Barry and Ciso fetching her at the end.

Legends is the only one of these shows that's done setup so far.

Who gave the best L to Barry this season so far?

Oof.... I don't know. Right now, in terms of physical pain, the Savitar beatdown. In terms of ether...... I have to go with tonight's Killer Frost bijuu truth bombs. What made it the best is that everybody heard it in STAR Labs.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I tried to give it a chance but this Killer Frost arc was really bad. It works like a light switch basically, which means there isn't any character development of value. And the big solution is for her to wear the bracelets that they already had access to before the arc started.

And it's hard to get excited about another speedster villain who during his first confrontation with Barry does almost the same thing Zoom did.

I honestly can't even disagree with Julian on anything he said to get Barry to quit. Their job is catching metahuman criminals. If Snow gets to walk because the powers threw her out of whack, why don't other people? Other people aren't Barry's friend. That's pretty unethical.

He'll be Joe's brother who was selling Francine drugs and sleeping with her on the side. The twist will be that he's Wally's real dad.

I could see that happening and it could lead to having powers through genetics. Wally did indeed have Speedster abilities but it just took him longer than usual to emerge.

Top Bottom