• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Speaking of Ronnie is he actually killed off? Surprised we haven't seen him since they are exploring alternative earths. I suppose Robbie really doesn't want to come back to do a quick guest spot.

Earth 1 Ronnie got sucked into a blackhole, he could theoretically return at any time.

Volimar

You guys are really beating this "taking/holding the L" thing into the ground. Gotta find a new lingo for saying Barry makes bad decisions.

jb1234

This entire Killer Frost arc was handled extremely poorly, aside from her rightfully calling Barry out on his selfish bullshit. Barry's big "you'll have to kill me" scene only reminded me of how much better Buffy handled the same concept. And of course Julian is Alchemy. Predictable.

I'm just getting more and more disappointed with the show as this season progresses. Neither HR or the villains are clicking with me.

(And I generally like Iris but her speech to Barry about how "Dante may have died anyway" was crap. Give him a hug, be there for him but don't let him off the hook for his behavior.)

iosefe

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss. Killer Frost offering up that truth about Barry's Ls.

Also, that kiss is going to keep some ships alive a little longer.
41eOWloEclL.jpg

So is Tobin Bell also doing the voice of Savitar? Or was Savitar speaking through Alchemy the whole time? I was a little confused because it sounded like he was doing the voice for both.

Still think Savitar's theme is pretty kick-ass.

And I'm holding out hope that they do something interesting with Savitar. Considering he's talking about his "return" I'm guessing his current form is a construct or some sort of placeholder and the real Savitar is trapped in the Speed Force or something like that. Hoping with the Alchemy reveal out of the way, they don't try and make Savitar somebody else related to Barry. Just make him a new bad guy that has no prior connection to the Flash and be done with it.

Billfisto

So is Tobin Bell also doing the voice of Savitar? Or was Savitar speaking through Alchemy the whole time? I was a little confused because it sounded like he was doing the voice for both.

Damn it! I thought I was onto something myself and was just checking to see if anyone else caught it before I posted. :p

Yeah, I'll need to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure every time we've heard Alchemy so far it's actually been Savitar talking. Nobody can see him, so he just makes Alchemy stand around and gesture like Shockmaster while he provides a voice-over.

Would explain the Alchemy glass scratches when Alchemy just has a laser rock - Invisible Megatron just portals into someone's room and scratches with his ridiculous stinger and nobody can see him so it looks magical.

That was a very intense episode. I legit thought the squad was going to be broken up. Julian shouldn't have bothered lying at the end Matt probably read his mind anyway.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That was a very intense episode. I legit thought the squad was going to be broken up. Julian shouldn't have bothered lying at the end Matt probably read his mind anyway.

Waiting for Sylar to show up.

The Flash seems to be following Buffy the Vampire series, Buffy had to fight a God in one of her seasons and her best friend who turned evil.

Team Flash should be called the scooby gang.

Julian being alchemy and what Barry ended up doing to bring back Kaitlyn was lame. Like I thought it'd be too obvious to be Julian. Of course the out of nowhere new main character is him lol.

Otherwise, solid episode. Enjoyed the Killer Frost stuff a lot.

Xanathus

The whole Caitlyn becoming Killer Frost thing was so goddamn awkward and dumb and such a failure in logic. "I have powers so obviously I also become evil", what?

Mariolee

Kinda surprised there was no set up for the crossover. As it stands right now, it makes it feel pretty inconsequential and gimmicky, like it has no impact on the actual continuity of the shows.

Expecting the set up at the end of Arrow or just to explained in the beginning of the next Flash episode.

People calling out barry for his shit make sense but also stupid as fuck in some ways .
Everyone saying you have to go back in time and save your mother at end of season 1.
Yes barry did nonsense but sometimes he should open his mouth .

People calling out barry for his shit make sense but also stupid as fuck in some ways .
Everyone saying you have to go back in time and save your mother at end of season 1.
Yes barry did nonsense but sometimes he should open his mouth .

Well that was a choice they made themselves, Barry went back without telling anyone.

Well that was a choice they made themselves, Barry went back without telling anyone.

I think Barry deserves the power of doing shit on his own from time to time but Flashpoint and the effects thereafter, are all about selfishness from all sides. There was no way that anything could have remained as hopeful and gleeful (lul glee) as they were pre-flashpoint. It was either we get super emotionally rekt Barry for half a season or emotionally rekt supporting characters. It turns out we got a bit of both. But, like they've said and you pointed out, Barry did Flashpoint without telling anybody else and that's the big issue everybody has.

-

Maybe if we got a emotionally rekt Barry, we could have gotten a Flash that just went on a killing spree and said to himself, "no more. Every villain I've encountered has destroyed my life and many others. It's time I take your life away. No more nice Flash." A Barry that taps into his Speed Force and kills with no remorse would have been interesting to dive into.

Flash is emotionally rekt, drinking heavily, and just not giving any fucks. Just imagine a morals off and bloodlusted Barry Allen for half a season. That would be entertaining but then we'd all be screaming, "throw in the damn towel! They're all dead! Stop it Barry!!"

A rogue, morals off, and bloodlusted but in control Barry Allen would be interesting for a season imo. People will just remember a streak and the evil meta's with a hole in their chest. STAR Labs trying to find Barry and bring him back and question him why he is doing what he is doing. Just a Barry Allen disconnected from his Earth. They can't find Barry because Barry is on a barren Earth(s). Barry nearly masters the Speed Force and he is literally too fast that all people see are his streaks. STAR Labs, in a desperate move, calls for Jay Garrick's help. Then we would get a crazy Speed Force battle between Barry and Jay. Jay destroys Barry, tells him and convinces him that things can and will get better. Barry, an emotional wreck, returns to Earth-Prime, turns himself in for the deaths of hundreds of metahumans, and that's how we get locked up Barry.

Xenoboy

Favorite episode of the season, I liked Killer Frost, they've been building this up for awhile and it ain't gonna stop considering Caitlin is a potential ally to Savitar.

Julian as Alchemy, predictable but we'll see how it's done. I had no problems with Hunter as Zoom, just his destroy the multiverse by running around a ring and conquering earths.

We need some gifs stat.

Am_I_Evil

Damn it! I thought I was onto something myself and was just checking to see if anyone else caught it before I posted. :p

Yeah, I'll need to rewatch, but I'm pretty sure every time we've heard Alchemy so far it's actually been Savitar talking. Nobody can see him, so he just makes Alchemy stand around and gesture like Shockmaster while he provides a voice-over.

Would explain the Alchemy glass scratches when Alchemy just has a laser rock - Invisible Megatron just portals into someone's room and scratches with his ridiculous stinger and nobody can see him so it looks magical.

all the talking that seemed to be in their heads, all the pain, etc...probably Savitar since no one can see him...

Neoxon

Favorite episode of the season, I liked Killer Frost, they've been building this up for awhile and it ain't gonna stop considering Caitlin is a potential ally to Savitar.

Julian as Alchemy, predictable but we'll see how it's done. I had no problems with Hunter as Zoom, just his destroy the multiverse by running around a ring and conquering earths.

We need some gifs stat.
I believe the writers described this as Caitlin being at the half-way point of her Killer Frost transformation. Hopefully they completely push her over the edge by the mid-season finale.

Needs to direct more episodes. This is the best episode this season and Runaway Dinosaur was one of the best episode of that season too.
Amen to that, my friend.

I'm disappointed they seemingly dropped the Killer Frost personality. I'd much rather see a blend of Caitlin's two sides. Basically her doctor self with an attitude. Full 90's bad girl! Hopefully that's still on the table. The scene of her dropping bombs on Barry in front of the security camera was great.

Fantastic beat down by Savitar. I like his look but I think the blade is a little tacky.

Neoxon

I'm disappointed they seemingly dropped the Killer Frost personality. I'd much rather see a blend of Caitlin's two sides. Basically her doctor self with an attitude. Full 90's bad girl! Hopefully that's still on the table. The scene of her dropping bombs on Barry in front of the security camera was great.

Fantastic beat down by Savitar. I like his look but I think the blade is a little tacky.
The scene where one of Savitar's followers mentioned the future with Caitlin being Killer Frost, I wouldn't worry. As mentioned earlier, I think there was mention of this being Caitlin being at the half-way point of her transformation.

Top Bottom