• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Effect

Favorite episode of the season, I liked Killer Frost, they've been building this up for awhile and it ain't gonna stop considering Caitlin is a potential ally to Savitar.

Julian as Alchemy, predictable but we'll see how it's done. I had no problems with Hunter as Zoom, just his destroy the multiverse by running around a ring and conquering earths.

We need some gifs stat.

True we all saw it coming but as mentioned before I do think Julian not wanting to actually be Alchemy is going to make things interesting with him. I don't think him being shaken by almost killing that kid was an act. As presented so far he doesn't want any part of this.

He owns a half destroyed building of a defunct company that produces nothing anymore.

If anything, he should be going bankrupt from the property taxes, utilities, and maintenance costs.

Presumably Star Labs has all sorts of patents and gizmos bringing in the cash.

Also the "Kill me" to turn evil people good is so overused. I think Vampire Diaries done it like 50 times already and it on the same bloody network and still running.

15135984_1253155411411269_3610385483078854841_n.jpg

Was a very bad episode for me. I really don't like how they're handling Savitar right now.
The idea of Savitar and any evil speedster is not that they're "gods" but are highly advanced speed force users. I feel this is coming across all wrong. Savitar presenting himself in stupid speedforce armor is also ridiculous.

I really hope they(Tv writers) do revisit the comics for this character.
What made him awesome for me was the stuff Flash(Wally in the comics) learned from him and about himself.

Joni

Was a very bad episode for me. I really don't like how they're handling Savitar right now.
The idea of Savitar and any evil speedster is not that they're "gods" but are highly advanced speed force users. I feel this is coming across all wrong. Savitar presenting himself in stupid speedforce armor is also ridiculous.

I really hope they(Tv writers) do revisit the comics for this character.
What made him awesome for me was the stuff Flash(Wally in the comics) learned from him and about himself.

They all kinda presented themselves as allout powerful gods.

Eh it was aiight. So why do they keep acting like killer frost is a foregone conclusion? Why do ice powers just give her a totally new personality lol. Never got this since the plotline started

Looks like we called the ending tho. Malfoy...Dr Alchemy. I thought he would be savitars boss and not the other way around though

Joni said:
They all kinda presented themselves as allout powerful gods.

Ok. You can say Savitar did in the comics. He had worshipers
(speed force ninjas)
, but you can tell he was a man. Also going further back into Flash comic lore, speed "gods" like Mercury(not Max mercury) already existed. In fact I recall a book I had when Mercury raced another God while Barry(or Wally, I can't remember) had to chase them down and he was totally outclassed.

There should be fine line between a "God" of speed and an "advanced" speedforce user.

Joni

Ok. You can say Savitar did in the comics. He had worshipers
(speed force ninjas)
, but you can tell he was a man. Also going further back into Flash comic lore, speed "gods" like Mercury(not Max mercury) already existed. In fact I recall a book I had when Mercury raced another God while Barry(or Wally, I can't remember) had to chase them down and he was totally outclassed.

There should be fine line between a "God" of speed and an "advanced" speedforce user.

I assume it will become clear that Savitar is not a god. He is just an arrogant hyper fast dude.

Also the "Kill me" to turn evil people good is so overused. I think Vampire Diaries done it like 50 times already and it on the same bloody network and still running.

The Vampire Diaries at least switches up things from time to time by actually having the person kill.

Billfisto

What if Savitar is really Krakkl

Savitar's gonna be that lady (..cop? I thought she worked somewhere else but now she's bossing Barry around so who knows) Joe's macking on who just showed up one episode like she was always there.

First season was Fakeout Handicap. Second season was Fakeout Candyman Voice. This is Fake Robot/Hologram/Mental Projection/Whatever Body to cover up that she's a lady.

That, or it's Eddie.

Forsythia

I'm confused, didn't Cisco already know about his brother in the first episode of this season? With Barry stalking him at that support group? I figure I haven't been paying much attention.

Joni

I'm confused, didn't Cisco already know about his brother in the first episode of this season? With Barry stalking him at that support group? I figure I haven't been paying much attention.

Nah, just mad that Barry doesn't turn back time to save him. They didn't want to know about Flashpoint.

Bane

Kind of a bummer of an episode. I honestly thought Alchemy would be someone else as it was too obvious otherwise. It's a shame that turned out ot be giving the writers too much credit. I do like Savitar so far but can't help but regret how much more of an impact he'd have if he wasn't the fourth evil speedster.

It was also disappointing top se Caitlin seemingly back to normal with the bracelets at the end of the episode. I was hoping she would start controlling herself more but keep an altered appearance and powers all the time. I imagine it'll be a thing now where shit hits the fan and she has to remove the bracelets to power up. Lame. But then Cisco barely does anything with his power too so I, perhaps, should not have expected much.

Regginator

"My name is Barry Allen, the fastest man alive. Except for literally every other speedster, and even then I get my silly ass beat regularly by non-speedsters."

That scene is amazing though. I can't get enough of high speed chases where Barry gets his ass kicked.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm a day late but finally watched.

Wow that ending twist by I'm shocked nobody could've possibly called that before the first episode even aired or anything gee whizz

Reszo

So is it Caitlin's powers that are making her turn evil or her being desperate to get rid of them?

If it is her powers, why are they making her like that? It's just ice powers.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To be fair, though, how many good metahumans are there? Flash and Firestorm?

We never even saw if Earth-2 had one before Jesse Quick.

Then the real Jay Garrick on Earth 3.

That's 4 confirmed good guy metahumans across the multiverse.

Platy

That Killer Frost thing was .... solved way faster than I expected =/

So ... anyone who does not follow any other Arrowverse shows ... how are you going to do with the crossover ?

Corpekata

Banned
Thought this was the best episode of the season so far. Loved seeing everyone calling Barry out on his shit finally. Even Julian had a point.

That being said, the Savitar intro was way too similar to getting dragged around by Zoom, and I'm not sure I liked how Killer Frost was bottled back up so easily.

Also glad they revealed Julian's identity early. Less chance to bite them in the ass like last season.

Dysun

Caitlin Snow looking great in this episode. She pulls that look off perfect

Julian as Alchemy was bound to happen but at least they didnt drag it out

Krakn3Dfx

Everytime they say Savitar, I just hear Sabotage, and I have to yell out

"Listen all of y'all it's a Savitar!"

My wife does not approve.

Good episode overall though.

Top Bottom