• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

So which garbage tier speedster is getting the Super Sabre treatment?

New%2BMutants%2BAnnual%2B%25237%2B-%2BSuper%2BSabre.png

neck-height razor wire

Marvel's Freedom Force
Avalanche, Crimson Commando, Pyro, and Blob in the background.

They were Marvel's Suicide Squad before the Thunderbolts were a thing. Mystique cut a deal for the Brotherhood, which had them working for the government in exchange for pardons. They were also assigned a trio of WWII era heroes who got caught rounding up criminals and playing "The Most Dangerous Game" with them.

Between Shadow King's assault on Muir Island and a disastrous mission in Iraq, Half of them were either killed or injured beyond the point of active duty. Super Sabre, their speedster, lost his head to neck-high wire.

Menaged

I actually really enjoyed this episode.

It's easier when you just accept that Caitlin is turning evil because that's what her powers dictate. Doesn't make much sense, but it is how it is.

I don't know. I guess I'm just still having fun with this show

I think my main issue with this season I've been having is how artificial all of the drama is.

It feels like they only had Flashpoint to specifically introduce conflict between the characters because a Deus Ex Machina is easier than writing natural progression of relationships. The whole thing with Cisco's brother is what bothers me the most, to be honest. I can just imagine the showmakers all went to a meeting and one guy went "So, Cisco and Barry are really good friends. How could we fuck this up so there's some juicy drama there?".

I've never been a fan of retconning only to create this kind of stuff (*coughonemoredaycough*), but even among those, this just feels like such a lazy, fabricated cop-out.

Joni

I think my main issue with this season I've been having is how artificial all of the drama is.

It feels like they only had Flashpoint to specifically introduce conflict between the characters because a Deus Ex Machina is easier than writing natural progression of relationships. The whole thing with Cisco's brother is what bothers me the most, to be honest. I can just imagine the showmakers all went to a meeting and one guy went "So, Cisco and Barry are really good friends. How could we fuck this up so there's some juicy drama there?".

I've never been a fan of retconning only to create this kind of stuff (*coughonemoredaycough*), but even among those, this just feels like such a lazy, fabricated cop-out.

And it doesn't really have a point. It just sours the show a bit because the fun banter is gone, but he doesn't really attack Barry or anything.

Speaking of the stupid drama/conflict, how has the drama been on Arrow so far?

And yeah, Flashpoint has been pretty "bleh", I know budget/time limits and all but doesn't really deserve to be called that and it's made worse with how they sold it early on.

Sölf

Guys. Guys. After being erased from existance in S1 Eobard Thawne became one with the Speedforce and returned as Savitar. He also ate Zoom midway or something.

wamberz1

I do wonder what Savitar means by needing help to return.

I saw a theory on the reddit that
he's actually trapped in the speed force. He can only Temporarily escape and even when he does only speedsters can see him due to their link to the speedforce. It would also be in line with the events of the comics.
It could also explain what was happening during his fight sequence with the flash: He was jumping in and out of the speed force, essentially teleporting.

There's been little to no drama, which is why the majority think that Arrow Season 5 is the best show in the Arrowverse right now.

I disagree with this assessment.
There's been plenty of drama.

Ollie bitching at the recruits and vice versa.
Ollie bitching at the reporter lady and vice versa.
The whole Quentyn is drinking again B plot.

abundant

I disagree with this assessment.
There's been plenty of drama.

Ollie bitching at the recruits and vice versa.
Ollie bitching at the reporter lady and vice versa.
The whole Quentyn is drinking again B plot.

Well yeah, but the main thing to note is that none of that has really detracted from the show or feel incredibly forced/nonsensical like with Barry/Cisco or the entire Killer Frost story arc.

Billfisto

I really hope Savitar isn't Eddie. Eddie was a miraculous ray of shining gold light - he was so obviously set up to be the dickish pretty guy, rival for Iris's affections, and maybe an evil Speedster. Instead, he seemed genuinely enthused to see Barry every damn time, he was helpful, supportive, and good-natured, and even when Barry did pull a Barry and do something stupid or unthinking, Eddie forgave him and was a bro. Then, at the very end, he sacrificed himself to try and save the day, making him more of a hero than Barry has ever displayed or seems capable of.

I mean, it makes sense for him to go "wait, what the hell? I go through all my life being a great guy and this is the fate I get, but Barry is a selfish god who pays no heed to offhandedly destroying everyone else's lives and he has no real responsibilities and gets my girl?", but I like to think Eddie's better than that.

Let Eddie rest in peace. Or come back as some kind of benevolent angel speedster.

GulAtiCa

I hope Savitar is no one. They fucked up with Zoom so much by its reveal. Hell, they could have still had fake Jay betray everyone and have him be an underlying to Zoom and have zoom be just demonic and would have been so much better.

Drama isn't bad on itself. It can be good or bad.

Of course. I didn't say it was bad drama in Arrow s5, but the person I quoted said there was none, which is false. :p

If anything, the drama in Arrow is a little repetitive and doesn't seem to go anywhere, but at the very least it's not as artificial as it is in Flash.

Top Bottom