• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Billfisto

I'm already looking past Savitar. Who's going to provide the unexplained different voices for future season-villain Speedsters? Keith David? Mike Patton?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are there even any speedster villains left at this point? lol

There's always money in the banana stand. And there's always speedster villains to pull from Flash comics.

Especially when they're liberal about the accuracy of origins and alter egos.

Speaking of the stupid drama/conflict, how has the drama been on Arrow so far?

I'm lost at people saying there's been no stupid drama. The whole, "YOU WERE A MURDERER! WE CAN'T TRUST YOU!" was the stupidest nonsense. The team and Ollie straight up murder a ton of no-name thugs, but taking out doctors and lawyers working on a secret conspiracy to raze one part of the city is somehow bad? And he apologized! Before that: "We can't go into battle unless you tell us, people you just met, everything about you." What?

So dumb.

What I will agree on is all the shows this season move on with their nonsense relatively quickly. Outside of Killer Frost, there are very few multi-episode "Should I keep this secret?" or "I don't know if I can trust you" situations happening.

Is Super Girl any good? She seems pretty cool in this trailer.

Supergirl is one of the better ones this season.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I'm lost at people saying there's been no stupid drama. The whole, "YOU WERE A MURDERER! WE CAN'T TRUST YOU!" was the stupidest nonsense. The team and Ollie straight up murder a ton of no-name thugs, but taking out doctors and lawyers working on a secret conspiracy to raze one part of the city is somehow bad? And he apologized!

The only one killing people is Renee everyone else seems to be using nonlethal takedowns.

Volimar

How do you guys pronounce Savitar? Like Avatar with a lisp?

KC6Xdgu.gif

The only one killing people is Renee everyone else seems to be using nonlethal takedowns.

Oliver is straight up killing people.

WEl9HfS.gif

That's one of the things that people have been excited about this season! Is it everyone? No. But even in that episode they acknowledge killing Church's goons, but "Doctors and lawyers" is the bridge too far.

Ragman: "He's saying you're the serial killer."
Artemis: "Harsh, but feeling pretty accurate."

Ollie: "You knew that I was a killer when you came onboard."
Artemis: "Not a serial killer. I know some of these names, you've got bankers and lawyers here. A city councilman!""

Wild Dog: "Look, if this little meeting is because we learned Oliver is a killer, I've got news for you. That's not news."
Curtis: "Killing Damien Darhk and Church's guys is one thing, but having a secret kill list?"

It makes no sense. None.

The entire "wahhhhhh, the A-Team doesn't talk to the B-Team about everything" is annoying. Every single time it's brought up. You're the B-Team. You're the trainees. You don't get the entire playbook because you said "yes, I want to be a superhero". I have no clue where they've worked before that, but no organization works like that.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Oliver is straight up killing people.

WEl9HfS.gif

That's one of the things that people have been excited about this season! Is it everyone? No. But even in that episode they acknowledge killing Church's goons, but "Doctors and lawyers" is the bridge too far.

It makes no sense. None.

The entire "wahhhhhh, the A-Team doesn't talk to the B-Team about everything" is annoying. Every single time it's brought up. You're the B-Team. You're the trainees. You don't get the entire playbook because you said "yes, I want to be a superhero". I have no clue where they've worked before that, but no organization works like that.

I remember Oliver killing that one guy, but how many of Church's goons did he kill? It's hard to when someone is killed by an arrow or just injured.

ZeroX03

Banned
Re: Crossover

Will each ep of the crossover be contained in the respective show or will it be like a 4 part movie?

Supergirl is reasonably contained.

The other three are one big story, with focus a little more on each show's own characters during their episode. You won't get plot resolution if you don't watch them all.

carlsojo

I loved the shot of Barry and Caitlin lying next to each other on the pavement after knocking each other down.

I know it will never, ever, ever happen but I wish those two would get together.

Billfisto

New theory! Savitar is the personification of C.C. Jitters.

Think about it - for the first few seasons of Flash, C.C. Jitters was basically the nexus of Central City. Now it's just.. gone.

Flashpoint erased C.C. Jitters from existence, and it's taken the form of a speed robot to try and get back.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I remember Oliver killing that one guy, but how many of Church's goons did he kill? It's hard to when someone is killed by an arrow or just injured.

i think it was like, 2 or 3.

This all reminds me of the first season Agents of SHIELD thread

never forget

19RJitj.jpg

Cafeman

I loved the shot of Barry and Caitlin lying next to each other on the pavement after knocking each other down.

I know it will never, ever, ever happen but I wish those two would get together.

I liked that shot too. I liked all of the attention and scenes that Caitlin got. Caitlin is an interesting character here in Earth 1 - I hope to see more of her using her powers and fighting off the Killer Frost personality.

He killed most of the dudes outside of there too. When Wild Dog was kidnapped and about to be executed? Straight killed most of those dudes. Here and there Oliver just 100% kills people.

The number isn't the point. That's immaterial.

The point is killing is on the table. (To be honest, it's on the table for Flash, Legends, and Supergirl, they just don't make a point of it.) So this arbitrary line is bunk. They weren't just doctors and lawyers, they were criminals. If anything, the message of "killing street criminals is fine and white-collar criminals is a no-no" has bigger issues.

ZeroX03

Banned
The point is killing is on the table. (To be honest, it's on the table for Flash, Legends, and Supergirl, they just don't make a point of it.) So this arbitrary line is bunk. They weren't just doctors and lawyers, they were criminals. If anything, the message of "killing street criminals is fine and white-collar criminals is a no-no" has bigger issues.

Oliver foolishly never told them that though. Many of the hood's victims weren't exactly public criminals.

The other issue would be the don't shoot first principle I guess. Killing criminals attacking you is a little different from going after a white collar criminal who won't fight back. I don't recall that happening often though. I'm sure they could've worded the outrage of the recruits to make more sense.

Heat Wave is also open about being willing to kill lol.

Plus he didn't kill most of the people on the list. Half are in jail, Oliver killed maybe 3 or 4. Nyssa, the SCPD, and even Joe West have kills from the list. The majority of people on the list who are dead were killed by Malcolm.

Rymuth

It makes no sense. None.
That sounds pretty bad. I've been emotionally divorced from Arrow for about a year now. Can't even commit to watching a whole episode...it's either playing in the background or I'm just fast forwarding. Now I took a trip, missed a couple of eppy and can't be bothered to catch up.

Really hope Flash doesn't become that bad...Savitar's crapalicious CG and poor outing is not leaving me with much confidence. :L
Who da fuck is that guy?

Joni

He never really got the time before they started getting mad but yeah, it was weird he never mentioned the Undertaking.

Skux

The thing that hamstrung the Killer Frost arc was the "possession"-like qualities of it. It wasn't a conscious decision by Caitlin to do desperate things to seek a cure for her condition, it was more like the powers taking over and making her do things that she didn't want to do, which is too simplistic and doesn't add to the character. She's either Snow or Frost, and the white glowing eyes made it way too obvious which is which.

Joeku

Those blue contacts are pretty good. I'm glad they didn't correct their misplacement with the cg glow.

"Good Killer Frost, you look kind of cool!"
j9jsClI.jpg

Godspeed, that McGregor-Flash picture is beautiful. Someone just needs to make it a higher resolution and it'll be perfect. The Flash to Savitar: Who da fook are you?!

How come when Barry, Harry, and Cisco visit Earth-2 in season 2, when they meet Killer Frost, her voice is normal, but on Earth-1, Killer Frost, who seems to have the same powers as Earth-2 Killer Frost, has a shitty effect on her voice?!

ZeroX03

Banned
How come when Barry, Harry, and Cisco visit Earth-2 in season 2, when they meet Killer Frost, her voice is normal, but on Earth-1, Killer Frost, who seems to have the same powers as Earth-2 Killer Frost, has a shitty effect on her voice?!

They're not the same person, just similar.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Probably just a creative decision to make a clear delineation between "normal" Caitlin and "Killer Frost" Caitlin. With the Earth-2 version, we know it's a different character by the way she is dressed, having powers, and her cadence when she speaks. With Earth-1 Caitlin/Killer Frost, they probably wanted to come up with ways to cue the audience in on the shift. It's probably to avoid the weird moral ambiguity of having Caitlin get off unpunished if she doesn't seem different from when she attacked the police.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Big Kev Smith did a Facebook live chat for an hour before the episode aired and they put it up on his Fatman on Batman YouTube page. I watched it last night and the only real good juicy tidbit came when asked about if we've seen the last of the Flashpoint changes to the timeline and he said we haven't seen anything yet. There's one really big one coming later that made him geek out extra hard.

abundant

Big Kev Smith did a Facebook live chat for an hour before the episode aired and they put it up on his Fatman on Batman YouTube page. I watched it last night and the only real good juicy tidbit came when asked about if we've seen the last of the Flashpoint changes to the timeline and he said we haven't seen anything yet. There's one really big one coming later that made him geek out extra hard.

Probably has to do with Savitar's identity.

Joni

Oh, that would be better as it has been disappointing until now.

Top Bottom