• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

I can't help but feel that the hangar bit might've been a reference to Green Lantern... maybe.

This crossover better end with them forming a proper team of Super Friends/Justice Society, and Barry admitting he isn't fit to lead shit and everyone just looks at Oliver.

I think they're probably gonna avoid laying the foundation for a Justice League. Same reason why they didn't just have Flashpoint merge the Arrowverse with Supergirl's. They don't want to step on the movies' toes. If the movies inevitably turn out to be failures, I can see them building up the JL, bring Supergirl's universe into the same fold as the Arrowverse, and introduce the other mainliners (sans Bats, I assume) proper.

I really want Killer Frost, Livewire and Banshee to team up.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Livewire and Silver Banshee haha.

Pics_nao

Liked the episode but things were rushed. Should've just started this yesterday night instead.

Also, did Heatwave know Barry was the Flash? Pretty sure Snart never told him and Barry didn't do the Legends pitch in the actual pilot so how was this not brought up?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think they're probably gonna avoid laying the foundation for a Justice League. Same reason why they didn't just have Flashpoint merge the Arrowverse with Supergirl's. They don't want to step on the movies' toes. If the movies inevitably turn out to be failures, I can see them building up the JL, bring Supergirl's universe into the same fold as the Arrowverse, and introduce the other mainliners (sans Bats, I assume) proper.

I didn't say anything about any Justice League.

Also, did Heatwave know Barry was the Flash? Pretty sure Snart never told him and Barry didn't do the Legends pitch in the actual pilot so how was this not brought up?

Barry doesn't care who knows, and Heat Wave is vetted by the other Legends. The episode was way over stuffed as is.

The Flash on top of that L is so fitting.

D15vYWr.gif

The only way this could have been even better... if the L were to be on top of Flash. :p

I didn't say anything about any Justice League.

You know what I mean.
They're not gonna set up a proper team of the TV mainliners, regardless of what they'd be called.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- "One sci-fi problem at a time" was the line of the night for me.
- Episode itself was a little fast and the actual enemy seemed inconsequential. They vaporized the leader of the free world and mind controlled everybody but they didn't do much else. The impact of their actions sorta just felt meaningless. Probably because there wasn't really time to show people reacting
- Kara and Heatwave bounce off each other nicely
- Giving Stein's headaches so much screentime in a non-Legends episode was a surprising choice, same with the message from Barry being revealed
- Barry literally sat down and watched the aliens run out of the ship and didn't chase them, then waited at least 12 hours to come back to the scene lol
- Oliver actually gave some nice advice. I don't agree with it exactly but it's nice that they're developing the relationship between Barry and Oliver. Oliver also pushed Barry to step up and lead as well.
- Cisco is just becoming a Sassy Santana these days. Wonder how long that'll last
- More Lyla in this episode than I expected. Thought she would just be there for exposition but she seems to be getting her own little arc. I like Lyla so I'm cool with that.
- H.R. is weird. I like his little idiosyncrasies like the drum sticks or projecting his own plans onto others as their own ideas but he weirds me out for some reason lol
- Wally's arc is coming along

Toki767

All the time traveling/Flashpoint stuff is just so weird. The Legends went to the future Star City well before Barry changed the timeline and Diggle already had a son there.

I think I figured it out.

Savitar appeared after Flashpoint.

He seems stuck between realities, unable to keep a foothold in the main universe.

He's a much better speedster than Barry.

His whole thing is restoring to people what Barry's time fuckery stole from them.

Savitar is Pre-Flashpoint Wally.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Every time I see Barry in the same episode as Oliver it makes me realize how useless him and his team are. I can't describe it. Like in the opening sequence of the episode he saved Oliver and Diggle. It's almost like he emasculates them, for lack of a better term, lol. Does anyone else feel that way? Also, what's with Oliver always acting pissed off? Kinda lame, it was better when he was just normal.

Sarah said they were guarding the ship, since they're noobs.

Oliver was MVP imo, dude was probably the only one that got over Flashpoint super fast and was supporting Barry even when he makes a shit team leader.

Neoxon

So is Martin Stein the only one who benefitted from Barry's timeline-fucking?

Now that I think about it, Stein's daughter may actually be the child of Barry & the pre-Flashpoint timeline.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Now that I think about it, Stein's daughter may actually be the child of Barry & the pre-Flashpoint timeline.

I think Stein's daughter is the result of something else.

Legends of Tomorrow spoilers

He went back and time and encouraged his younger self to appreciate his wife more, to work less and spend more time with her. The new memories started after that. So presumably younger Stein took that advice and it lead to their daughter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Stein's daughter is from his own fucking with the timeline.

Like, almost quite literally timeline-fucking because he told his younger self to love his wife more.

Neoxon

I think Stein's daughter is the result of something else.

Legends of Tomorrow spoilers

He went back and time and encouraged his younger self to appreciate his wife more, to work less and spend more time with her. The new memories started after that. So presumably younger Stein took that advice and it lead to their daughter.
Stein's daughter is from his own fucking with the timeline.

Like, almost quite literally timeline-fucking because he told his younger self to love his wife more.
I almost forgot about that, actually.

Gotta love the Legends crew being all sanctimonious about preserving the time line.

Speaking of time mishaps, they never mentioned the whole deal with future Star City. Grant Wilson is out there lurking. Shut that down while they can.

Mariolee

So the theme of The Flash this year is "you're not a god" while Savitar is like "uh yeah I am bro"

I almost assure you this is going to be one of the last things Barry says to Savitar.

The timeline is easy, everyone's had their way with it at this point. Stein is just the first one to get it pregnant.

So the whole Stein daughter thing is because of Stein fucking up the timeline, not Flashpoint right?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I am worried though about the exchange Stein had with his daughter.

I want it to be pure and a good thing that happened from time shenanigans, but their conversation gave me the impression that his wife may have died at some point, maybe even during childbirth.

Wally benefitted.

And the Arrow showrunners have more or less confirmed that Flashpoint will play a role in
Laurel's return

ZeroX03

Banned
So the whole Stein daughter thing is because of Stein fucking up the timeline, not Flashpoint right?

Time aberration caused by Stein trying to fix RF's aberration yeah.

Stein loving his wife more and having a child is kind of the cutest timeline fuckup.

Grizzlyjin

I want it to be pure and a good thing that happened from time shenanigans, but their conversation gave me the impression that his wife may have died at some point, maybe even during childbirth.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't go bad. I really like the idea of one of their time fuckups actually doing some good.

Mariolee

Liked the episode but things were rushed. Should've just started this yesterday night instead.

Why would Heatwave, who is now a hero, care who the Flash's real identity is? It's essentially

65a.gif

Time aberration caused by Stein trying to fix RF's aberration yeah.

Stein loving his wife more and having a child is kind of the cutest timeline fuckup.

It really is the best.

Yeah. The Rogues kidnapped Cisco and Dante and tortured Dante until Cisco gave up Barry's identity.

This was the trade-off after Barry's first time travel incident. The cost of resetting the timeline and bringing Cisco back from the dead and stopping Weather Wizard from destroying the city with a tidal wave.

Mariolee

I really hope she didn't die. The fact that she says "Very funny" instead of "What..." makes me think hopefully she's just away for a bit or they don't talk much anymore.

Yeah. The Rogues kidnapped Cisco and Dante and tortured Dante until Cisco gave up Barry's identity.

This was the trade-off after Barry's first time travel incident. The cost of resetting the timeline and bringing Cisco back from the dead and stopping Weather Wizard from destroying the city with a tidal wave.

For some reason I thought it was only Captain Cold that heard it. I forget, Heatwave heard it too?

Xanathus

Maybe Kara gets stronger the farther away she gets from her birth-place. She's like an ordinary human on Krypton, becomes Super-Girl on Earth, becomes Super-Girl SSJ2 on another dimension.

edit: Wait that makes a lot of sense. Kryptonians are weak to Kryptonite which are from Krypton, there's less Kryptonite traces on Earth, and then even less on Earth in another dimension :eek:

I do gotta agree I wish they showed Kara as powerful in her own show as she was here. Yeah her villains are generally more powerful, so they are going to do more damage, but still I liked her being powerful as fuck. She gets owned so much in her regular series.

I was pretty happy that Barry actually used his intangibility form last night. He did it while running and while Kara tried to blitz him.

Good job Flash!

Thoughts in order as I watch tonight's episode.

- The Hall of Justice is a hangar?
- Cisco is a bitch.
- Oliver needed to step in as soon as Cisco started his whiny tirade and shut that shit down.
- Diggle, get the fuck off it. He didn't erase your daughter. You have a son. Pick one, bitch. You don't get both.
- Heatwave is the best. The Legends' faces while he's talking is the best.
- Oliver with the goddamn truth. Every one of y'all would change the past if you could.
- Wally with the win. But being a Flash means you must lose.
- Barry did something smart!
- HR stepping up to the plate. You go, bro.

Skux

Episode was fantastic. Great cast chemistry, one-liners, and some of the best action the DCTV universe has had.

Loved the Barry/Kara and Barry/Oliver scenes. The writers knew how to take advantage of these rare meetings between characters.

The dream crossover we've all been waiting for, and it's only the first part.

Thoughts in order as I watch tonight's episode.

- The Hall of Justice is a hangar?
- Cisco is a bitch.
- Oliver needed to step in as soon as Cisco started his whiny tirade and shut that shit down.
- Diggle, get the fuck off it. He didn't erase your daughter. You have a son. Pick one, bitch. You don't get both.

That's what is confusing about the Diggle jr thing. He had a son in the Legends future Star City episode pre-Flashpoint. So, he might've had both? I can't remember if Sara was ever mentioned in that episode.

Fantastic episode! One question. Why didn't Felicity at least talk to her former boyfriend Palmer? I don't watch Legends, so did I miss something?

Rymuth

"One Sci-fi problem at a time."

Why is Ollie so much more likeable when he's on The Flash? Almost made me wanna tune in to this week's episode of Arrow.

Jonogunn

I loved how thy ended the episode with Barry slow-mo attempt at saving Oliver. You can see it in Barry's eye. The OG superheroes of the arrowverse. Nice to remind us of their bro level amidst all these heroes.

This is the kind of fun hero-to-hero interaction that we get from the Avengers and the MCU. The party scene in Avengers 2 anyone? The discussion they had in civil war? I could watch them Interact at a party for hours. And I'm so happy to see it play out so well in the arrowverse.

I really hope te DC movie-verse does a good job.

Something to point out. It's clear that minor hero team ups is the future of live action superhero (bvs, hulk appearing in Thor ragnorok, iron man and co in a cap movie, iron man in Spider-Man, etc.) if they find a way to merge Supergirl to the Arrowverse I would love to see more one episode crossovers between the heroes rather than JUST make a big crossover event once a year.
They already have tiny cameos between the shows but why not take it a step further? It was always cool to see daredevil pop up in a spidey comic for an issue or two just to help out.

Mariolee

I loved how thy ended the episode with Barry slow-mo attempt at saving Oliver. You can see it in Barry's eye. The OG superheroes of the arrowverse. Nice to remind us of their bro level amidst all these heroes.

This is the kind of fun hero-to-hero interaction that we get from the Avengers and the MCU. The party scene in Avengers 2 anyone? The discussion they had in civil war? I could watch them Interact at a party for hours. And I'm so happy to see it play out so well in the arrowverse.

I really hope te DC movie-verse does a good job.

Something to point out. It's clear that minor hero team ups is the future of live action superhero (bvs, hulk appearing in Thor ragnorok, iron man and co in a cap movie, iron man in Spider-Man, etc.) if they find a way to merge Supergirl to the Arrowverse I would love to see more one episode crossovers between the heroes rather than JUST make a big crossover event once a year.
They already have tiny cameos between the shows but why not take it a step further? It was always cool to see daredevil pop up in a spidey comic for an issue or two just to help out.

I mean we already know Flash and Supergirl are having a musical crossover in the latter half of this season. These one episode crossovers are only prevented by the tough filming schedules of each show.

Yeah this episode frankly had better cast chemistry than anything we've seen in the DCU so far. Watching the heroes interact was an actual joy in this one, even if it did feel a tad fast paced and rushed.

Mariolee

Yeah this episode frankly had better cast chemistry than anything we've seen in the DCU so far. Watching the heroes interact was an actual joy in this one, even if it did feel a tad fast paced and rushed.

The difference is the main characters, particularly Superman, in the DCEU lack really any personality. That seems to be changing in the Justice League film based on the trailer. When your fans would enjoy a movie where the best parts are when the heroes are out of their costumes that's when you know you've done character development well.

This has not yet happened with Superman and friends. Suicide Squad maybe, but they kinda fucked that up too.

Top Bottom