• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

I love Dig. I have never done drugs because i always was afraid to see weird stuff.

Cisco has every right to be angry at Barry, i don´t understand the anger/disappointment towards Cisco. Barry played god, and ruin some people´s lives. It´s totally justified to be upset with Barry.

Realeza

Banned
What an awesome episode.

- Arrow / Flash bro moments.
- The fight at the rooftop
- Banter between characters
- Supergirl is freaking cute
- Sarah throwing shurikens
- Oliver setting shit straight

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I love Dig. I have never done drugs because i always was afraid to see weird stuff.

Cisco has every right to be angry at Barry, i don´t understand the anger/disappointment towards Cisco. Barry played god, and ruin some people´s lives. It´s totally justified to be upset with Barry.
I'm with you 100% on this. Everyone in this thread shitting on Cisco for being angry at Barry and just not "getting over it" in like the span of 2 weeks (of their time) is insane.

Mostly what's directly missing is the A to B link. Flashpoint correction > Dante's dead.

It's the same problem I have with blaming Killer Frost on Barry. Given the months in-between, there's nothing to say that Dante wouldn't have died in a car accident in the original timeline. Or Caitlin's powers wouldn't have manifested themselves otherwise.

Essentially, my issue is the Flashpoint/non-Flashpoint changes seem arbitrary and unrelated to the specific pain point of Barry's mother. No one's stopped an asked: "How does Barry's mom being alive against change all of this?"

In the comics, those changes weren't because of Barry's specific actions - like Flash and Batman initially think - but because of Reverse-Flash purposefully moving through time and changing things. I assume that's the case here or perhaps they'll play that side of the story out with Savitar, because otherwise the timeline has changed... "Because".

Plus, Oliver is absolutely right. Every one would've done the same goddamn thing. Cisco literally said as much earlier in the season. Sara only stopped because everyone else was pushing her back from that path.

ZeroX03

Banned
ITT: people expecting people to be rational about their family. Diggle isn't hearing "your child's gender was swapped", he's hearing "you had a daughter erased." People are crazy about their families.

Or Caitlin's powers wouldn't have manifested themselves otherwise.

Seemed pretty definitive she wasn't a meta in the original timeline.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
In the comics, those changes weren't because of Barry's specific actions - like Flash and Batman initially think - but because of Reverse-Flash purposefully moving through time and changing things. I assume that's the case here or perhaps they'll play that side of the story out with Savitar, because otherwise the timeline has changed... "Because".

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but in the comics Barry caused Flashpoint. Barry and Batman initially think it's Thawne but it's actually Barry's actions.

Yeah this episode frankly had better cast chemistry than anything we've seen in the DCU so far. Watching the heroes interact was an actual joy in this one, even if it did feel a tad fast paced and rushed.

to be fair they all disliked each other or were wary of one another in BvS. they weren't buddies or old friends. the most apt comparisons you could make of this to BvS (and even that is a big stretch) is them all shitting on Barry in the airplane hangar...and you're gonna tell me those are better scenes than Bruce/Clark at lex's fundraiser or Batman with the spear to Supes...lmao not even close imo. not even in the same ballpark.

a better frame of reference would be justice league which we'll see next year.

I really liked supergirl interacting with the characters. and Oliver was such a bro with Barry, salute to that trinity.

but the action was disappointing and man there was way too much drama directed towards Allen. Could have done with less of that crap and more of them being acquainted with each other. Mick did not disappoint in that regard.

hopefully the next 2 episodes let them get a better sense of comraderie. i think my favorite scene in here was Barry yelling "aliens", lmao. wish the whole crossover had that campy vibe to it like that line delivery.

to be fair they all disliked each other or were wary of one another in BvS. the most apt comparisons you could make of this to BvS (and even that is a big stretch) is them all shitting on Barry in the airplane hangar...and you're gonna tell me those are better scenes than Bruce/Clark at lex's fundraiser or Batman with the spear to Supes...lmao not even close imo. not even in the same ballpark.

a better frame of reference would be justice league which we'll see next year.

I really liked supergirl interacting with the characters. and Oliver was such a bro with Barry, salute to that trinity.

but the action was disappointing and man there was way too much drama directed towards Allen. Could have done with less of that crap and more of them being acquainted with each other. Mick did not disappoint in that regard.

hopefully the next 2 episodes let them get a better sense of comraderie. i think my favorite scene in here was Barry yelling "aliens", lmao. wish the whole crossover had that campy vibe to it like that line delivery.

I'm not saying that the DCU can't provide better in the future, but in terms of genuine joy to watch Hero interactions the DCU hasn't had this episodes level at all. Not remotely.

That's not to say these are better actors, because they aren't, but the show is actually willing to have fun, and let their personalities come out. So far the whole DCU has been so overly brooding and self serious that it sucks the wind out of any fun moments. That said it looks like they are trying to address this in JL and give the characters more to chew on and work with, so I hope to see improvements there.

I'm not saying that the DCU can't provide better in the future, but in terms of genuine joy to watch Hero interactions the DCU hasn't had this episodes level at all. Not remotely.

That's not to say these are better actors, because they aren't, but the show is actually willing to have fun, and let their personalities come out. So far the whole DCU has been so overly brooding and self serious that it sucks the wind out of any fun moments. That said it looks like they are trying to address this in JL and give the characters more to chew on and work with, so I hope to see improvements there.

scenes like Supergirl/Barry would be completely out of place in BvS and frankly would be so ill-fitting considering what that story was doing.

wait for it in Justice League, which going by the Barry/Bruce teaser seems apparent it is obviously gonna happen.

Seemed pretty definitive she wasn't a meta in the original timeline.

Like I said, the extra bleed months are the problem here. There is nothing to suggest Caitlin's powers wouldn't have manifested in the original timeline during that timeframe.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but in the comics Barry caused Flashpoint. Barry and Batman initially think it's Thawne but it's actually Barry's actions.

I had to check the graphic novel, but you're correct. Thawne says it's because Barry took in the entire Speed Force. The Rebirth reboot is different because of meddling though.

wildfire

Banned
I do gotta agree I wish they showed Kara as powerful in her own show as she was here. Yeah her villains are generally more powerful, so they are going to do more damage, but still I liked her being powerful as fuck. She gets owned so much in her regular series.

Supergirl isn't the only one who is underpowered in her universe.

It amazes me how inefficient the DEO is.

Barry and Oliver have a support team that does way more than they do without government backing or formal training in military combat. In addition despite some DEO members having formal training in various forms of science are also inept in comparison to the other support staff.

It's really sad that hiring civilian freelancers was an obvious upgrade for the DEO.

Mostly what's directly missing is the A to B link. Flashpoint correction > Dante's dead.

It's the same problem I have with blaming Killer Frost on Barry. Given the months in-between, there's nothing to say that Dante wouldn't have died in a car accident in the original timeline. Or Caitlin's powers wouldn't have manifested themselves otherwise.

Essentially, my issue is the Flashpoint/non-Flashpoint changes seem arbitrary and unrelated to the specific pain point of Barry's mother. No one's stopped an asked: "How does Barry's mom being alive against change all of this?"

I don't there needs to be a direct link other than the fact that Barry's time travel has changed enough things indirectly that he can feel responsible for. While Dante dying and Caitlyn having powers could have cropped up later it would've just happened to no one's consequence. Barry going back in time either accelerated the events or made them possible. Diggle's child is huge obvious change because we know for sure he had a daughter.

So yeah people have a reason to be upset with Barry because of the very idea that none of this was the case when Barry left to go save his mother. The responsibility is on him.

But in the same merit both Jay and Oliver(and Iris although she's given more fluff than actually legit advice) tell Barry that he has to accept responsibility for his actions without feeling overwhelmingly sorry for himself because that's an occupational hazard of being thrusted with great responsibility. Constantly trying to fix things the way he has has caused ruptures (as Jay pointed out with the Tea Cup) that Barry just can't fix. And that yes, anyone would have made that decision as we see with Sara in Legends. Sara had the fortune of not being as powerful as Barry when it comes to time travel and changing things and thanks to that she had the rest of the team reel her in. You couldn't stop Barry from making that selfish decision. The onus is on Barry to understand yeah, he's not a God BUT he's been gifted with powers that he has responsibility for. Being a Hero is washed with horrible decisions (Oliver not telling Slade the truth about Shado, Bringing Sara aboard the Gambit, Laurel lying to Lance, Rip telling Savage the exact time and date of his families death, Rip exposing time travel to Vandal Savage, Roy lying to Thea, etc.) but that's all apart of the game.

Its actually all pretty well written imo BUT it has to be due to the stupid decision to do Flashpoint in the first place.

Dig meeting J'onn is going to be the best.

Need it.

speedcitylasxd.gif

speedcity2z4sgc.gif

So freaking good.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really liked this episode, even though some parts were a bit rushed. They could have told this story in a 10min longer episode. Oliver was the best. True Arrowverse leader!

Should've brought Superman.

Yes, Barry and Cisco should have opened portal and brought Tom Welling.

Xenoboy

Episode was so fun, lived up to the hype imo. Crisco, why you gotta be a dick?
That last sequence with Barry vs Kara, so good.
Sara shouldn't be dissing Barry considering that she basically spelled out to Dhark what he is not supposed to do in the future.

Next flash episode promo pics, goddamn

MartyStu

Gotta love the Legends crew being all sanctimonious about preserving the time line.

Speaking of time mishaps, they never mentioned the whole deal with future Star City. Grant Wilson is out there lurking. Shut that down while they can.

Well someone has to at least pretend like they are responsible time travelers. If only to discourage future fuckups.

Finally Barry gets called out for his shit... but then Oliver of all people tells him that it's okay.

Barry better not fucking time travel again unless it's to stop someone who time traveled.

Trojan X

Banned

Plus, Oliver is absolutely right. Every one would've done the same goddamn thing. Cisco literally said as much earlier in the season. Sara only stopped because everyone else was pushing her back from that path.

Yup. That's the point and appears to be intentional. All the characters are passing all excuses to Barry. This will be the ultimate argument to shut them all down: all the characters realising that Barry isn't in control of everything and if they were in barry's situation they would have done the same thing. Case in point, White Canary attempted to change the past twice with one of them she succeeded. Yes, she argued at barry but she is a hypocrite as if it weren't for her team she would have caused a big mess. In fact, thanks to her, even though she doesn't realise it yet, she created a massive inception that involved Damien Dark attempting to change his fate with Oliver. The stories so far seem to setup lots of cases where characters can be shut down and see some sense, and, so far, Oliver seems to be the guy that demonstrate this along with his stronger ability of prioritising.

The shutdown will happen. Let's see how everything plays out and cross our fingers that the shutdowns will be dramatic and epic as possible to give Barry some face back, and to really change the attitude of some of the characters, e.g. Cisco.

Kimawolf

Finally Barry gets called out for his shit... but then Oliver of all people tells him that it's okay.

Barry better not fucking time travel again unless it's to stop someone who time traveled.
Becausr Ollie knows the situations at the moment is far larger than their problems.

oti

Banned
So not reading the thread because of spoilers. What exactly is the right way to watch the crossover? I only watch Flash nowadays. Where to start?

Tabby

That was a great fucking episode.

I got exactly what I wanted, everyone being the power level they should be like Supergirl actually being Supergirl and Oliver being the the Oliver I love.

Ithil

Every time I see Barry in the same episode as Oliver it makes me realize how useless him and his team are. I can't describe it. Like in the opening sequence of the episode he saved Oliver and Diggle. It's almost like he emasculates them, for lack of a better term, lol. Does anyone else feel that way? Also, what's with Oliver always acting pissed off? Kinda lame, it was better when he was just normal.

Sarah said they were guarding the ship, since they're noobs.

Eh. Flash might be vastly more powerful, but this episode showed pretty clearly that everything just falls apart without Oliver. He doesn't bring raw power, he brings the leadership and knowledge.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Really? Isn't that a bit weird? The last crossover was great with Arrow first.

Supergirl's episode was focused on her mid-season finale.

They only show one cross-over related scene in the show, and the scene is replayed during The Flash's episode.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
So not reading the thread because of spoilers. What exactly is the right way to watch the crossover? I only watch Flash nowadays. Where to start?
Supergirl, flash, Arrow, legends of tomorrow.

But supergirl's episode you can skip for this one.

Ithil

It's a really good thing this is a three parter, since very little of the actual alien invasion plot actually happened this episode ,most of it was blasting through the set-up for the big team-up (with some Flash story progression). I guess the bulk of it will happen on Arrow with the wrap-up happening on Legends.

That's a lot of ups.

Top Bottom