• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Effect

I know Rip doesn't exactly have much purpose as a character right now but I miss him on Legends. His reactions to some of this shit would be gold.

We've seen Rip go off on the Legends for displaying their powers, etc. The verbal beatdown Barry would have gotten from Rip would have been great see.

Sephzilla

We've seen Rip go off on the Legends for displaying their powers, etc. The verbal beatdown Barry would have gotten from Rip would have been great see.

And then Oliver would have jumped in to defend Barry, and probably would have laid a massive verbal beatdown on Rip for being a hypocrite. So everyone would have gotten their earned lashing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I heard Reverse Flash is now on Legends? Wtf? I dont watch LoT but how will this affect the flash / canon?

Probably not at all. None of the shows have retroactively changed the events of previous seasons, despite all the time travel nonsense. It would invalidate the investment of longtime watchers.

I dont think it has been 100% confirmed but the Reverse Flash on Legends is probably a result of Flashpoint RF having to save Barry, and being set free. And yet, all the stuff in The Flash's past still happened.

But if he survives Legends, I suppose that leaves the door open for him to come back to The Flash?

Sephzilla

The Reverse Flash on Legends is supposed to be prior to anything from Season 1 of The Flash, so I doubt it will affect Flash much at all.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I wouldn't spend time over thinking it. The "rules" of time travel change in service to the plot, especially in Legends. Combine that with whatever Flash does from time to time, and trying to figure it out would be an exercise in frustration.

Basically, a wizard did it...

withdrawmyquestion.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
The Reverse Flash on Legends is supposed to be prior to anything from Season 1 of The Flash, so I doubt it will affect Flash much at all.

But he's also much later in his career than the Letscher Reverse Flash of season two!

Also he's paradox proof through some very questionable mumbo jumbo. Because he needs to fulfill his destiny from S1... that is seemingly erased because he just heavily diverged from that path. Speed Force!

I think the way the show is laid out, he's basically going to exist forever throughout time if need be. He'll never truly die.

Patryn

Is the flash back on regular timeline? Or is the mom still saved?

In the true regular timeline, Barry wouldn't even be the Flash at this point.

We have to remember that literally everything we've seen is the result of timeline fuckery.

We've only seen the true original Flash in his childhood home.

Syrus

Banned
In the true regular timeline, Barry wouldn't even be the Flash at this point.

We have to remember that literally everything we've seen is the result of timeline fuckery.

We've only seen the true original Flash in his childhood home.

So , is it back to where him and Iris arent dating?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They do "date" but dont go on dates or kiss or show any affection at all, its really weird and "cold"
he had more chemistry with patty

It's funny cause it's true.

Sephzilla

But he's also much later in his career than the Letscher Reverse Flash of season two!

Also he's paradox proof through some very questionable mumbo jumbo. Because he needs to fulfill his destiny from S1... that is seemingly erased because he just heavily diverged from that path. Speed Force!

I think the way the show is laid out, he's basically going to exist forever throughout time if need be. He'll never truly die.

I love how the logic for why Reverse Flash is still around is a complete contradiction to why he was defeated on season 1

This part was awesome. Sara the best

Regarding Sara, did the writers forget she was bi?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Barry is catching do much crap for fucking up the timeline, I'm starting to think this season will end in Barry going back in time in hopes to fix it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Regarding Sara, did the writers forget she was bi?

We only really have confirmation that she would get down with Oliver.

So, she's like 99% Lesbian and Oliver is just that kind of dude you throw your sexuality out of the window for.

Like me and Ryan Reynolds.

Joni

That was great. The plot was so so because it didn't really start, but it is just so great to see them together. Show really delivered on that end. Especially every girl gawking at Oliver. I do wonder if the justice society saved us in the 50s.

jwk94

Man this episode was fantastic. Everyone getting on Barry's case for Flashpoint was great. Why does Diggle care so much about having a daughter? I don't get why that matters so much.

morningbus

Didn't she make a comment about Supergirl?

wat

Sexuality is often expressed as a spectrum and an individual can land anywhere on it.
kinsey-scale-2.png

So Sara is a 5, because she had a sexual relationship with Oliver (even after coming back from the League).

And I'm a 1 because in my heart I've already given myself to Ryan Reyonlds, we have just yet to consummate.

Hope that helps.

Joni

Man this episode was fantastic. Everyone getting on Barry's case for Flashpoint was great. Why does Diggle care so much about having a daughter? I don't get why that matters so much.
Because he hates his kid. In the 2046 episode they even show he fakes his death to get away from the kid.

Sephzilla

The thing about everyone getting on Barry's case about Flashpoint still strikes me as odd because, from the perception of everyone else, nothing changed. Their lives, from their point of view, never were altered and nobody would have even known had Cisco not raised his voice. Basically, Cisco is the equivalent of someone on GAF whining that they don't live in a different reality.

I don't totally get why Diggle would even care if his child was a different gender in a different timeline. It shouldn't impact how he feels towards his child at all.

morningbus

The thing about everyone getting on Barry's case about Flashpoint still strikes me as odd because, from the perception of everyone else, nothing changed. Their lives, from their point of view, never were altered and nobody would have even known had Cisco not raised his voice. Basically, Cisco is the equivalent of someone on GAF whining that they don't live in a different reality.

Considering how often I see people bringing up the Mandela Effect lately, all you're telling me is that this forum is filled with Ciscos.

Joni

Who will find his lost kid on the next crossover?

I don't totally get why Diggle would even care if his child was a different gender in a different timeline. It shouldn't impact how he feels towards his child at all.
He did basically found out his friend is fucking with his life without care.

Sephzilla

Cisco: "Yo Barry why won't you exploit time travel to alter my past?"

Barry: "Cisco, I'm done trying to alter the past"

*A few episodes later*

Cisco: "Yo Barry why did you exploit time travel to alter my past?"

Barry: "The fuck?"

morningbus

Barry messing with the timeline is an existential crisis that reveals how insignificant everyone is.

Without care or notice, Barry erased Diggle's child from existence. Who's to say that he won't take his current child, or his wife, or himself? Again, imagine the reality of this. Diggle knows this can happen and isn't just some philosophical discussion.

Imagine if you knew this with absolute certainty. How would you react?

I said it before: all of you think you're Rick Sanchez when I know you're all just Mortys.

Joni

Also, Diggle can barely deal with super speed as a concept. Time travel fuckery must be melting his brain.
True, five years ago he was a bodyguard to an idiot billionaire. He is now fighting an alien invasion with his vigilante boss, their speedster friend, an alien from another dimension and the Legends. His brain is fried. He is supposed to be the everyman in this show.

Toa TAK

Banned
Sexuality is often expressed as a spectrum and an individual can land anywhere on it.
kinsey-scale-2.png

So Sara is a 5, because she had a sexual relationship with Oliver (even after coming back from the League).

And I'm a 1 because in my heart I've already given myself to Ryan Reyonlds, we have just yet to consummate.

Hope that helps.
HUH

Actually, that does help. Thanks.

It's in Barry's character to not keep things in. He had to tell them or he would explode from guilt. So yes, it was entirely Barry's fault for exposing them to Flashpoint but it's not directly his fault what happened to everybody else. Everything that is happening now just so happens to happen after Flashpoint and everybody needed to place blame on somebody that's not themselves. Who better to put the blame on than Barry, right?

Post-Flashpoint he was energetic, hopeful, happy, friendly. They decided, "hey! Why does Barry get everything he wants but not us?! It's NOT FAIR!!"

I think in due time STAR Labs will come around when they figure that Barry can't fuck with time again and solve everything. Once something truly terrible appens, they will need Barry to time travel and he won't because he will not allow another Flashpoint.

lol. To be fair, in season 3 The Hood/Arrow was unmasked as mr flip master "Roy Harper". so on the news it was revealed he and not Oliver was the Arrow/etc.

At least not as bad as Supergirl/Superman world where wearing glasses is your "disguise" lol
Yeah, and as far as they know, Roy was killed in prison, so the new guy is most likely just a good copycat.

Barry should be put on trial. Simple as that. If the flash writing team knows what they're doing there should be some sort of punishment. I mean we did get a glimpse of Barry in prison so it's possible.

Yeah... I think I'm done watching Super girl aside from the crossovers. She's waaaay too weak. I also don't really care for the Alex suddenly lesbian subplot.

The hero is always weaker in their own show. Also, Supergirl is one of the better CW shows this season.

Without care or notice, Barry erased Diggle's child from existence. Who's to say that he won't take his current child, or his wife, or himself? Again, imagine the reality of this. Diggle knows this can happen and isn't just some philosophical discussion.

Imagine if you knew this with absolute certainty. How would you react?

This is a good point. What about Stein? He knows time travel and he actually gained a daughter.

GulAtiCa

This is a good point. What about Stein? He knows time travel and he actually gained a daughter.

I think this would be similar but more of a positive change, since he (& his wife) gained something with nothing removed. So likely will be happy to have this change, esp as memories are integrated into himself. Plus, at least with this, seems he gained a daughter due to himself messing with his former self.

I think this would be similar but more of a positive change, since he (& his wife) gained something with nothing removed. So likely will be happy to have this change, esp as memories are integrated into himself. Plus, at least with this, seems he gained a daughter due to himself messing with his former self.
Therefore, it's completely possible that his actions are what killed Dante.

Sephzilla

Yeah, good point. Everyone gets on Barry's case for time traveling but they have a bunch of friends hopping around on a time travelling spaceship doing god knows what and are even more lax with preserving history than Barry is. This season alone they pretty much fucked with European and Japanese history. The Legends are about as responsible for Dante's death as Barry was.

Therefore, it's completely possible that his actions are what killed Dante.

Precisely. You can't hand wave and say "how do you know if your actions killed Dante. What if he died in your original timeline? You're not a god Barry"

I get that Jay, Iris, and Oliver telling him that as it leads directly into Savitar and his whole motif. But it shouldn't be something that you have to move on from. I mean how can just let that go?

Yeah, good point. Everyone gets on Barry's case for time traveling but they have a bunch of friends hopping around on a time travelling spaceship doing god knows what and are even more lax with preserving history than Barry is. This season alone they pretty much fucked with European and Japanese history. The Legends are about as responsible for Dante's death as Barry was.

I agree with this too. So strange how lax the writers are being. The hypocrisy is prevelant in both shows.

Top Bottom