• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The following games are set for PS5 Pro enhanced versions. (From Geoff Keighley)

Go_Ly_Dow

- Alan Wake 2
- Assassin’s Creed: Shadows
- Demon’s Souls
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Gran Turismo 7
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Crew Motorfest
- The First Descendant
- The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

+

Sony says about 40 to 50 games will get patches when the system launches in November.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Trash Black Excellence GIF by For(bes) The Culture

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Avatar, Wukong, Star Wars Outlaws, Jedi Survivor and Callisto are the best looking games this gen for me and they are all missing.

These RT focused titles wouldve benefited a lot more from the 2-4x RT performance increase so not sure why Sony didnt reach out to those guys to get them ready for launch.

emivita

These are the games that will receive specific PS5 Pro patch enhancements, like better raytracing. For every other PS5 games, graphics mode with higher FPS will be available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
so not sure why Sony didnt reach out to those guys to get them ready for launch
Wait a moment... are you saying the upgrade to the Pro model only affects a certain number of games, and that those games have to be prepared for that upgrade via a patch or something?

If that's the case then this is fucking ridiculous lol.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

- Alan Wake 2
- Assassin’s Creed: Shadows
- Demon’s Souls
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Gran Turismo 7
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Crew Motorfest
- The First Descendant
- The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

All yours for £700 or £799 if you want a Disc Drive

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The color scheme used in the ad made me think they edit out Concord as a free title.

I8zZf6m.jpeg
Yeah I think the high price is partially because they had to redesign the packaging to remove the “includes Concord” blurb. Also the presentation was originally intended to be way longer than 9 minutes.

Msamy

Maybe end of month sop to show some of this shit, as per cerny 75 % of ps5 owners love switch level of graphics if it have 60 fps, lol,

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Wait a moment... are you saying the upgrade to the Pro model only affects a certain number of games, and that those games have to be prepared for that upgrade via a patch or something?

thats exactly what this thread is about. certain games are going to get patched and thats the list you see in this thread today.

now avatar does have dynamic resolution scaling so its possible that their game is smart enough to detect more gpu power and run at higher resolutions, but thats not a given.

Kacho

Gold Member

Some games will run marginally better with no patch, but yeah, a patch is needed for actual upgrades. Same with the PS4 Pro and One X.

Keep in mind, a game like RDR2 still ran at 30fps on PS4 Pro and One X, so I’d expect the same for GTA6.

Saber

Doesn't sounds like an extensive list to justify the price imo. Maybe they will go will a more big list later?

Also, Hogwarts Legacy is there set for PS5 but I don't think that includes it running the game on 60fps.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
SlimySnake SlimySnake Venom Snake Venom Snake Kacho Kacho thanks for clarifying.

Imo it's kinda lame that you still have to wait for the devs to patch the games, but I guess that games that run at uncapped framerates and kinda run like shit will benefit the most out of the box from this upgrade.

Go_Ly_Dow

Will add this to the OP.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth in particular popped compared to the fuzzier graphics on the existing PS5 version. Everything was sharper, and still 60fps smooth. It felt like putting new glasses on.

Futurama Buy GIF

Venom Snake

If there is demand for PS5 pro, more developers may jump on this train over time. There are quite a few games that i missed due to performance issues, and i would gladly buy them if they received such a patch.

If more people think similarly, the market will notice.

SlimySnake

SlimySnake SlimySnake Venom Snake Venom Snake Kacho Kacho thanks for clarifying.

Imo it's kinda lame that you still have to wait for the devs to patch the games, but I guess that games that run at uncapped framerates and kinda run like shit will benefit the most out of the box from this upgrade.
Yes and no. its only a 45% raw performance increase so those 31-35 uncapped modes in wukong and dragons dogma 2 wont even hit 50 fps let alone 60 fps. they need to offer a 60 fps mode that utilizes the new PSSR API along with the new SDK improvements from the 2-4x RT improvements in the architecture. Avatar drops to 720p in its performance mode which can go up to 1080p internal but the 45% boost only gets them to 900p and that will still be using FSR which looks like shit under 1080p and the lower Settings preset for the performance mode.

Ubisoft Massive will need to patch the 30 fps mode to go to 60 fps then use PSSR instead of FSR and rebuild their engine to the latest SDK to get the RT improvements in fidelity mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom