• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The following games are set for PS5 Pro enhanced versions. (From Geoff Keighley)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yes and no. its only a 45% raw performance increase so those 31-35 uncapped modes in wukong and dragons dogma 2 wont even hit 50 fps let alone 60 fps. they need to offer a 60 fps mode that utilizes the new PSSR API along with the new SDK improvements from the 2-4x RT improvements in the architecture. Avatar drops to 720p in its performance mode which can go up to 1080p internal but the 45% boost only gets them to 900p and that will still be using FSR which looks like shit under 1080p and the lower Settings preset for the performance mode.

Ubisoft Massive will need to patch the 30 fps mode to go to 60 fps then use PSSR instead of FSR and rebuild their engine to the latest SDK to get the RT improvements in fidelity mode.
So long story short, what they offer here is an expensive machine that will run some games better than the regular PS5? And for those that don't run better is patch-begging time?

Maybe it's because I'm used to PC, where you plug a new component and enjoy it to it's fullest from the get go but man, this looks like a very bad deal to me.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Geoff posting something anyone could see on their own to try to act like he was part of the reveal

jim carrey mask GIF

Killjoy-NL

People in this thread: This list sucks.

Me: When did Sony ever say this is the final list?
Who even really plays all those games, apart from checking them out to see the differences?

I couldnt care less about replaying games on Pro. At best I expect some enhancements for certain multiplayer games.

I buy a Pro for upcoming games that will have Pro enhancements.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

No FF16, GOW, Returnal, Astro, CP2077? I hope those are included in those "50 games at launch".
Would be strange for S-E to make an upgrade for FF7 but not for FF16.

Maybe it's part of the 50 games. Would like to think we'll know around TGS time and the State of Play.

Bummer. The only thing that might get me to buy one is if GTA VI ends up having significant performance boosts on Pro.

Of that list, the only game I would care to have the upgrade for is Demon's Souls. The rest I either have on PC or don't care enough to upgrade for $699.

Quantum253

Gold Member
At what level will devs need to deliver now adopters will be dropping 700+ on the premium experience? Will the argument of being built on PS4/5 foundation be cause to complain that the 5 Pro should have significant differences

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
but the 45% boost only gets them to 900p
I think we don't know enough about what that '45%' translates to yet. but the verified information shows it's not 'resolution scaling'. Ie. we know they have games that bump resolution (not upscaling) by 1.7x while increasing rendering fidelity in the portfolio already.

Valonquar

Real shock to not see AstroBot have a tiny bit of something extra in there.
Total copium that they didn't link some bullshit advanced Bloodborne FPS patch to the Pro.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
You can bet a dollar that if Concord didn't outright crash and burn, it was going to be one of the highlighted games that gets PS5 Pro enhancements.

Well....I'm not too sure about that, Helldivers 2 was wildly successful for them and its not listed....

They should prioritize getting Elden Ring, Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur’s Game 3, and Wukong.

They may have already sent devkits and those teams are likely still working on some patch or something, this does say it based on when it launches

Reactionary gaf. Sony has the complete list of games. They are intentionally holding that ace to see the preorder numbers first. Especially after that rumored state of play.

Truth.

If they have other games they are ready to reveal, they are not revealing out of order just because.

Bernardougf

So long story short, what they offer here is an expensive machine that will run some games better than the regular PS5? And for those that don't run better is patch-begging time?

Maybe it's because I'm used to PC, where you plug a new component and enjoy it to it's fullest from the get go but man, this looks like a very bad deal to me.
When games begins to shine and patches begins to drop ps6 will be around the corner.... so if this thing takes 2 years to really take off is going to be a really bad investment.

Ill reserve judgment... but Sony has to give me a reason to buy this that is not "old" games with better hair. I think GTA6 can be the turning point ... if GTA6 comes with a rock solid 60fps mode only for the Pro and in a bundle.... this shit is going to fly off shelfs

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Watched a warframe dev short today and Steve (ceo/programmer) said PSSR is already to go for warframe.

Semi OT, when is that other game they are working on coming out? SoulsFrame. I'm like 98% sure its suppose to be a window of fall 2024, but.....i'm not too sure on this one lol I feel in my bones thats a delay

mitch1971

Gold Member
Semi OT, when is that other game they are working on coming out? SoulsFrame. I'm like 98% sure its suppose to be a window of fall 2024, but.....i'm not too sure on this one lol I feel in my bones thats a delay
Couldn't tell you; still in alpha I think. Don't have any interest in that game at all really.

Top Bottom