• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The following games are set for PS5 Pro enhanced versions. (From Geoff Keighley)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Correct me if im wrong. PS5 Pro will not add new modes but only improve existing PS5 modes? There will be no exclusive PS5 Pro modes? So if the game runs 30 fps on base console it will be 30fps on PS5 Pro?

This is incorrect. There can be exclusive PS5 Pro graphical modes if the devs want there to be one. And the last sentence is wrong too.

Soooo... They expect folk to pay £700 and then hope that their favorite game gets a patch to increase the resolution with no guarantee that it ever will? I'm really struggling to see who this is for, because the folk that care about resolution and enthusiasts would have already solved this by now by going PC, so who's left for this? And to be locked into an ecosystem of around 21 true exclusive games? The more you look into it the worse the deal gets.

All games after July of 2024 will be PS5 Pro ready. If that isn't good enough for you, then don't buy it. And if the PS5 only has 21 true exclusives, then that means Xbox has zero exclusives right?....

this-is-getting-ridiculous-sony-v0-z87gi6q8w1od1.jpeg
diminishing returns: the image...

keefged4

All games after July of 2024 will be PS5 Pro ready. If that isn't good enough for you, then don't buy it. And if the PS5 only has 21 true exclusives, then that means Xbox has zero exclusives right?....
I wont be getting one at all because all games are "pro" ready with my PC as it is. I think Rare Replay is exclusive to xbox? And another handful of games?

It's funny how on one hand most of GAF claims they don't buy physical games, yet now when it comes to the PS5 Pro everyone likes to state they want to buy the optional disc drive.

Because even if most people own mostly digital, they still have at least a handful of physical games in their library! You've had a couple bad takes in this thread bro.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon's Dogma 2.
Futurama Fry GIF

As nice as a visually upgraded Dragon's Dogma 2 experience would be, I'll just save up to upgrade my PC. Hopefully, by the time I've done so, there's a dlc too.
Imo it's worth it to get it on PC. Plays like a dream at 60fps, plus there's a lot of mods already like being able to customize the difficulty.

Now play the game. I bet you wouldn't feel that way after that.
i play on a 1080p sony bravia, & i have average eyesight. i'm pretty sure i'd still feel that way (not to mention, i have no interest in buying the 'part 1' remake, & nothing in the universe could get me to suffer through the sequel again, no matter the graphic 'enhancements')...

Three

where the hell is Wukong and Space Marine 2
Won't those benefit from boost mode automatically?

Wukong is an interesting one because it has 3 modes with 2 of the modes having unlocked fps. Balanced mode could hit ~60. And fidelity would become the new Balanced at ~40fps. Performance would be an odd one since that would be locked 60 with framegen like PS5 base. This is without a patch. Let's see though because I remember Game science mentioning the possibility of 4k60fps in the future which might be Pro related.

The "Pro enhanced" thing confuses me. Shouldn't games just automatically run better without any sort of enhancements, since it's higher spec? Will games need to be manually "enhanced" to take advantage of the Pro's higher specs?

Like, if I wanted to buy a Pro in the hopes that BG3 would run better, will it only run better if Larian releases a "Pro enhanced" patch?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Skifi28

The "Pro enhanced" thing confuses me. Shouldn't games just automatically run better without any sort of enhancements, since it's higher spec? Will games need to be manually "enhanced" to take advantage of the Pro's higher specs?

Like, if I wanted to buy a Pro in the hopes that BG3 would run better, will it only run better if Larian releases a "Pro enhanced" patch?
Everything targeting a dynamic resolution or having fps drops will automatically run better due to a better GPU and small increase in CPU clocks, but PSSR isn't automatic and developers will have to patch games to use AI reconstruction.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

You’re gonna spend $700 to replay a game you already played?

Dang.

Nope, gonna wait for a small retailer discount on the Pro in 2025 down to about £600-650. Sell my PS5 for £250-300 and then I'll make up the rest. Also not just for Rebirth, but new games releasing from now until the end of the gen of course.

1 Saw the DF video.
2 Decided to keep it sealed until pro.
3 Pro too expensive.
4 Depression.

You must find a way. Get a 3rd job!!!

Last edited:
  • LOL

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Because even if most people own mostly digital, they still have at least a handful of physical games in their library! You've had a couple bad takes in this thread bro.

It's not a bad take. It's reality! There have been many people who have decided to go digital only. The Xbox Series S is proof of this. Some people have given up on physical media. I don't love that, but it's the truth.

Nope, gonna wait for a small retailer discount on the Pro in 2025 down to about £600-650. Sell my PS5 for £250-300 and then I'll make up the rest. Also not just for Rebirth, but new games releasing from now until the end of the gen of course.

You must find a way. Get a 3rd job!!!
Why would the Pro come down within a year? The PS5 has never had a price drop in 4 years, and in fact the price has actually gone up all over the world with the US being one of the only exceptions.

Go_Ly_Dow

Why would the Pro come down within a year? The PS5 has never had a price drop in 4 years, and in fact the price has actually gone up all over the world with the US being one of the only exceptions.
The PS5 hasn't had an official price cut, but in the UK regular periods with hefty retailer price cuts in the region of £50-100.

I got my console for £399, a £100 discount during one of these retailer offers.

The Pro will also have the same.

jm89

The PS5 hasn't had an official price cut, but in the UK regular periods with hefty retailer price cuts in the region of £50-100.

I got my console for £399, a £100 discount during one of these retailer offers.

The Pro will also have the same.
I think the first year might be a bit too early. Unless sales are really bad.

Top Bottom