• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The following games are set for PS5 Pro enhanced versions. (From Geoff Keighley)

Avatar, Wukong, Star Wars Outlaws, Jedi Survivor and Callisto are the best looking games this gen for me and they are all missing.

These RT focused titles wouldve benefited a lot more from the 2-4x RT performance increase so not sure why Sony didnt reach out to those guys to get them ready for launch.
Most of those games will be shown in the state of play..

Stu_Hart

Neo Member
Dragon's dogma 2 definitely could benefit as the console versions run bad. FF7 rebirth is mostly a smooth 60 fps, just that the graphics are blurry as a result. No FF16, black myth and space marine 2, the 3 games that could really benefit from it that I am looking forward to. Terrible list...

Last edited:

angrod14

this-is-getting-ridiculous-sony-v0-z87gi6q8w1od1.jpeg

K' Dash

Pay $800+ dollars to replay old games and remakes I've beaten several times already with slightly better graphics???

Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Even if we got new games, they will be hindered by the base PS5, we will never get a game draw the real power of this thing, hell, we haven’t even seen what the base PS5 is capable of… we’ve been playing PS4 games all along for 4 years.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
'enhanced' is the new horse armor. it's always been about the eye candy...

Agreed.

I don't see anything here that is going to stop the die hard FIfa, Madden, COD, APEX, Fornite community from buying it to have the FPSz

edit. semi OT, where the fuck that Oblivion remake doe? lol

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
its only a 45% raw performance increase so those 31-35 uncapped modes in wukong and dragons dogma 2 wont even hit 50 fps let alone 60 fps

If this is how it would actually play out, then one would have to wonder what the point is.

When I got an Xbox One X pretty much everything I played jumped to 4k60 and I expected this machine to be doing that as a general "no effort" update for everything.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
That seems like a small list.

The two titles I would play (Horizon and LoU2) I already plat’d on PS5.

Well at release there will be more, after release there will be also more…right?

People in this thread: This list sucks.

Me: When did Sony ever say this is the final list?

Sometimes i think people are really that stupid. They all missing the words “at launch” while in the meantime there will more games have Pro support at launch. Also CNET said 50 games. People are like “tHiS iS tHe eVeRyThInG?” I mean really?

Last edited:
Even if we got new games, they will be hindered by the base PS5, we will never get a game draw the real power of this thing, hell, we haven’t even seen what the base PS5 is capable of… we’ve been playing PS4 games all along for 4 years.
I still can't get over the sorta flagship PS5 game being...a Demon's Souls remake from launch. I love that game but it's just absurd.

tommib

Returnal will be the new Bloodborne. No sequel, stupid-ass merch anouncements every year or so to cuck us, no more patches, just pure spite!
At least it’s on PC in case I ever decide to go back to PC gaming in 10 years or something to check what the latest hardware does to it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I’m not playing myself, if there are hundreds my expectation would be met.

Then expect those expectations to be met. I say this because Sony is stupid and they ALWAYS do this. They always undersell how many games will take advantage of their console. They did this with the PS4 Pro also. It'll be 50 at launch and 100s by the end of the year.

It's funny how on one hand most of GAF claims they don't buy physical games, yet now when it comes to the PS5 Pro everyone likes to state they want to buy the optional disc drive.
I'm not most of GAF, I'm an individual poster. I do buy physical games and would lose access to like 1/3 of my games.

sainraja

thats exactly what this thread is about. certain games are going to get patched and thats the list you see in this thread today.

now avatar does have dynamic resolution scaling so its possible that their game is smart enough to detect more gpu power and run at higher resolutions, but thats not a given.
I think this list is the same list shown in their video where they mention + more. Unless I am mistaken, we still don't know what the "+ more" games are.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

- Alan Wake 2
- Assassin’s Creed: Shadows
- Demon’s Souls
- Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Gran Turismo 7
- Hogwarts Legacy
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- The Crew Motorfest
- The First Descendant
- The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

+

We have to be very careful with this guy and from a distance, I imagine he is involved in the video game industry mafia.

NickFire

I might step into a hornet's nest with this one. But while first party matters a great deal, support for those games is kind of assumed. What I really want to know about are:
1) Madden and other sports games;
2) COD;
3) Fornite;
4) Diablo 4.

mckmas8808

I'm not most of GAF, I'm an individual poster. I do buy physical games and would lose access to like 1/3 of my games.

Then you can either......

A. Don't buy the PS5 Pro
B. Buy the PS5 Pro and also get the extra disk drive to play those extra 1/3 of games.

It's really that simple. :)

Natsuko

40 to 50 games. And then? Do I hope that third party developers bring reliable updates that are worth it? And how many of these games, some of which are older, will I even touch again? After all, I've already completed what interests me.

How reliably will there be useful (!) updates from third party studios? Can they generate revenue? Companies don't act out of kindness and mercy. We're talking about a luxury product with a limited target group.

There's also a product called PSVR 2. A nice and expensive toy. Where exactly is the support for this? Oh? There's not that much coming out for it? No thanks, keep the Pro Sony.

At some point (when I don't have to pay 920 euros for the console, stand and disc drive) and it's clear that there will be a significant number of updates for enough games that I'm willing to touch again, I might buy the thing. Then there's my PC. I don't need a new console for third-party games. I can get a lot of PC games for 920 euros. With my RTX 4080, I can also play the games on the PC with fancy graphics. And I can easily buy the ones I don't have for 920 euros. I could buy games for years to come.

Taycan77

40 to 50 games. And then? Do I hope that third party developers bring reliable updates that are worth it? And how many of these games, some of which are older, will I even touch again? After all, I've already completed what interests me.

How reliably will there be useful (!) updates from third party studios? Can they generate revenue? Companies don't act out of kindness and mercy. We're talking about a luxury product with a limited target group.
I'll just repost what I put in another thread:

Every new title submitted for certification since mid-July is required to have PS5 Pro support.

Every PS5 title can add PSSR support whatever SDK version the game shipped with. On PS4 Pro a title needed to run the latest SDK and be resubmitted for approval if the devs wanted to add Checkerboard rendering.

Anyone who ships titles on PC will already have a suit of features they can drop onto PS5 Pro. The machine will sell some 15m+ to the hardcore early adopters. The very people who spend the most on software.

So yeah, PS5 Pro will be heavily supported.

mckmas8808

There's also a product called PSVR 2. A nice and expensive toy. Where exactly is the support for this? Oh? There's not that much coming out for it? No thanks, keep the Pro Sony.

At some point (when I don't have to pay 920 euros for the console, stand and disc drive) and it's clear that there will be a significant number of updates for enough games that I'm willing to touch again, I might buy the thing. Then there's my PC. I don't need a new console for third-party games. I can get a lot of PC games for 920 euros. With my RTX 4080, I can also play the games on the PC with fancy graphics. And I can easily buy the ones I don't have for 920 euros. I could buy games for years to come.

Why do people like you tell us that you aren't buying a PS5 Pro? You have an RTX 4080. The mid-gen console isn't for you. That's clear. You'd be crazy to even think about buying a PS5 Pro.

Natsuko

Why do people like you tell us that you aren't buying a PS5 Pro? You have an RTX 4080. The mid-gen console isn't for you. That's clear. You'd be crazy to even think about buying a PS5 Pro.

Tell me more. I have two One Xs, a Series X, a PS4 Pro and a Switch Oled. If I'm not the target group as a core gamer who really likes consoles - then who exactly is the target group? The casual gamer who plays a few hours a week? The family that just bought a PS4 a year ago? And should I tell you something? My PC has always been primarily a work machine. For two decades, my favourite place to play games was the sofa and my favourite devices were consoles. Or handhelds. But of course, I'm definitely not the target group. Recently I've been playing more on the PC again. Because I have kids and they like to use the sofa and consoles too. And we play together a lot. I use my PC, the kids use the consoles. Crossplay ftw.

Natsuko

I'll just repost what I put in another thread:

Every new title submitted for certification since mid-July is required to have PS5 Pro support.

Every PS5 title can add PSSR support whatever SDK version the game shipped with. On PS4 Pro a title needed to run the latest SDK and be resubmitted for approval if the devs wanted to add Checkerboard rendering.

Anyone who ships titles on PC will already have a suit of features they can drop onto PS5 Pro. The machine will sell some 15m+ to the hardcore early adopters. The very people who spend the most on software.

So yeah, PS5 Pro will be heavily supported.

Words are nice, but I prefer to rely on actions. There were also nice statements about the Series S. The practice was not quite as bright as the great marketing slogans from Phil's mouth. I mean, we've seen enough bad ports, optimisations etc. now. There are also many games that say optimised for Series X. That really benefits things like a voxel graphics indie game. The screenshots above are nice. How much of it can you still see in motion? And is it worth 920 euros?

Geruda065

Correct me if im wrong. PS5 Pro will not add new modes but only improve existing PS5 modes? There will be no exclusive PS5 Pro modes? So if the game runs 30 fps on base console it will be 30fps on PS5 Pro?

King Dazzar

I’m not playing myself, if there are hundreds my expectation would be met.

Then expect those expectations to be met. I say this because Sony is stupid and they ALWAYS do this. They always undersell how many games will take advantage of their console. They did this with the PS4 Pro also. It'll be 50 at launch and 100s by the end of the year.
Well, we already know there will be some kind of improvement for 8,500 games and another 40 to 50 with more specific enhancements. In addition to the short list provided. But it'll be great to get some more specifics.

keefged4

Soooo... They expect folk to pay £700 and then hope that their favorite game gets a patch to increase the resolution with no guarantee that it ever will? I'm really struggling to see who this is for, because the folk that care about resolution and enthusiasts would have already solved this by now by going PC, so who's left for this? And to be locked into an ecosystem of around 21 true exclusive games? The more you look into it the worse the deal gets.

Top Bottom