• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Goldrusher

McLaren for UK Redbull for US, any more cover arts?
There will be 4.

Ferrari, Sauber, Toro Rosso --------> Italy & Spain
Mercedes, Lotus, HRT ---------------> Germany
McLaren, Williams & Caterham ----> UK
Red Bull, Force India, Marussia -----> rest of the world

168799_10150900069372060_1405601402_n.jpg
582117_10150900070142060_662073225_n.jpg

544964_10150900069692060_1290241040_n.jpg
481054_10150900070492060_793375931_n.jpg

Shaneus

Okay, they kinda make sense. Not that it matters to me, I'll be getting it on Steam anyway (if anything).

Any word on whether RBR have any new upgrades to test?

Lucius86

Banned
Morning all! Nice and damp this morning, rain was throwing it down hard last night, should be an exciting p1 session today.

Oh, and its cold. Really cold.

Follow me @fastestsector today gents for other useless updates!

There will be 4.

Ferrari, Sauber, Toro Rosso --------> Italy & Spain
Mercedes, Lotus, HRT ---------------> Germany
McLaren, Williams & Caterham ----> UK
Red Bull, Force India, Marussia -----> rest of the world

Thanks :). Now I need to find the German version when it launches

Guys, less than 2 hours.. Can you believe its been almost 5 weeks since the last race!!!!

Sloane

Banned
Whoops, almost didn't find the thread.

F8HF1.png

Less than 24 hours.

We'll probably see many frustrated engineers tomorrow, as the rain will once again slow the testing of new parts down.
Yeah, I'd prefer dry practice and a wet race. Nothing more boring than a wet practice.

Whiting admits Schumacher penalty in Hungary was wrong

Because the race had not officially started, Schumacher’s penalty should in fact have been only a monetary fine, the report explained.

Lewis Hamilton: 2013 McLaren deal will come down 'to business'

"This is a business," said Hamilton. "I always wear my heart on my sleeve, but I also have to be business-minded as well."

He added: "I am pretty much in a similar position to what I was going into the season. There is work being done in the background now, and I am not really focusing on that.

"The guys that are paid to do that job are discussing that, and working on getting that resolved."

Vettel Stars In New York Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvW-l-9lRhE

Sebastian Vettel took to the wheel of an Infiniti G37 for a unique experience in New York, starring in R&B singer Melanie Fiona’s new music video ‘Watch Me Work’. The Formula One World Champion also took time out from shooting the video to take the double-Grammy winning artist on a lap of the proposed New Jersey F1 circuit.

Schumacher: October is decision time

Schumacher, 43, said: "I think we made a very clear statement some time ago that by October we would be able to give some indications."

Schumacher, however, says that has not blunted his enthusiasm.

"I was aware earlier that we would not fight for the championship and so it is not a big deal that we are not in it."

Russian government drops Petrov backing

The R-Sport website said Petrov has lost the government-linked sponsors Russian Helicopters and Lada.

“We have now lost government support,” Kosachenko is quoted as saying.

“There’s never been interest from sponsors. I’ve always said that it’s impossible to find sponsors in Russia for a project like formula one.

“When there was support at the top level of government, this project worked commendably.

“I don’t rule out a scenario in which we have to end this Russian driver’s competition in formula one,” she added.

Maldonado not sure of Williams seat beyond 2012

The 27-year-old, with crucial backing from the state owned oil company PDVSA, admitted that he is not sure if he will be staying at Williams.

“No, there have not been any contract talks yet. I would say the team is waiting as usual for the end of the season,” said Maldonado.

“In Formula One, you should never feel safe, but I think I have done a good job and have taken the team forward, especially after the disappointing 2011.

Belgian Grand Prix: Thursday press conference

DRIVERS - Jean-Eric VERGNE (Toro Rosso), Charles PIC (Marussia), Vitaly PETROV (Caterham), Pedro de la Rosa (HRT), Michael SCHUMACHER (Mercedes), Jenson BUTTON (McLaren)

Dilly

Banned
527227_495320170495298_512369322_n.jpg

Dat Vettel gift for Schumacher. :lol

This is like the first time in a month that it's such shitty weather in Belgium and certainly this cold.

Nolan.

Lewis doesn't want Jenson to help him

"If I am not quick enough, I am not quick enough. I want to win because I am the quickest, not because I was given points by someone being held up."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102070

Completely agree with that point of view however from a team perspective if in the dying stages of the championship you don't have that breathing room i'm sure you would be forced and be silly not to take the position.

Dead Man

Didn't even realise we had been on a break, I've been working too many weekends and avoiding the thread in hopes of catching up after. Have to work this weekend as well, but seems like I'll get to watch the race at work, if not qualy.

Lucius86

Banned
Not going to lie, this isn't what I was hoping for!! Heading back to camp, we aren't seeing any more racing today, weather isn't getting better til 8pm onwards. Got some decent shots from p1 at least.

Shaneus

Oh shit, Spa is a BBC race?

YES!

Not going to lie, this isn't what I was hoping for!! Heading back to camp, we aren't seeing any more racing today, weather isn't getting better til 8pm onwards. Got some decent shots from p1 at least.
How so.. shit weather?

Did you get one of those portable TV thingys? Honestly, they really made the weekend complete in Melbourne this year. Couldn't see us not using one again.

Lucius86

Banned
Oh shit, Spa is a BBC race?

YES!

How so.. shit weather?

Did you get one of those portable TV thingys? Honestly, they really made the weekend complete in Melbourne this year. Couldn't see us not using one again.

With weather like this, not going to see any further action which is a shame - its what I paid for!! Even this morning was amazing and exciting, but this is just a bit depressing now.

Yeah, we have one - they are brilliant.

kharma45

As Crofty was saying, if I was someone like Charles Pic I'd have set a time just to be fastest in FP2 if no one else is going to bother.

Shaneus

With weather like this, not going to see any further action which is a shame - its what I paid for!! Even this morning was amazing and exciting, but this is just a bit depressing now.

Yeah, we have one - they are brilliant.
I know that feel bro. The weather in Melbourne was so depressing... and really, really bizarre. I hope it clears up, just so we can see some more of that magic like what Webber pulled on Alonso at Eau Rouge in 2011.

Top Bottom