• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

Edmond Dantès;41510675 said:
iIV6ctMild33p.jpg
The section of the track to the right really does remind me of a face.

Red Bull deserves a top three for their faces livery if nothing else. That was fantastic, and more teams need to follow suit for charity.

I never liked the Redbull livery, it lacks character. I'd vote for McLaren as the best livery and Lotus. Ferrari is always nice, but its been the case forever

Now that we're speaking of liveries, it's a great excuse to post these mockups again.

Qg9k2.jpg

c56vbrks2xl6s48fv.jpg

VJ4Pc.jpg

irYzh.jpg

They're all better than what we have on the grid right now.

Marussia with KERS next year.

"Yes we will be using KERS next year," Symonds explained. "We plan to adopt the system that has been developed by Williams, which was used by them with the Cosworth engine last year and is currently with their Renault-engine car.

"Our 2013 unit is a development of this. We've been very impressed with the engineering, the efficiency and the weight. Williams are also a pleasure to work with both technically and commercially."
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/283001/marussia-confirms-kers-for-2013-season/

Shaneus

Oh please. Just because there is no way to salvage that terrible Red Bull livery?
No... unless you completely missed my posts, I'm not a fan of it either and don't care for a way to try and spruce it up. It's that those mock-ups have been posted time and again and aren't at all relevant to the discussion on that poll that was posted.

But sure, make it personal or whatever.

No... unless you completely missed my posts, I'm not a fan of it either and don't care for a way to try and spruce it up. It's that those mock-ups have been posted time and again and aren't at all relevant to the discussion on that poll that was posted.

But sure, make it personal or whatever.

Sheesh, fine. You're right. If I post them again, I'll take a ban. :lol

It's just that most liveries are either boring, a failed attempt to create some nostalgia or ruined by some minor details (the red Total sponsoring on the Lotus). And it was just a small dig, no reason to take it personal.

Sorry.

Ms6Af.jpg

Omiee

the americas citcuit is looking really nice.

will be a interesting track to watch.

i also think lotus really have a good chance at spa. But i think mclaren will win there.

Omiee

what would you be in a f1 car without those muscles. The helmet came shows how much their head is moving during a race.

a lot of racers tend to rest their head a little bit to the side when on a straight.

what is the yellow thing for though?

Orgun

what would you be in a f1 car without those muscles. The helmet came shows how much their head is moving during a race.

a lot of racers tend to rest their head a little bit to the side when on a straight.

what is the yellow thing for though?

They probably attached the machine for exercising his neck around that protective strap. OR that strap is part of the machine

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
They probably attached the machine for exercising his neck around that protective strap. OR that strap is part of the machine
The strap is part of the machine attached to weight. There comes a point in time when neck curls with weight plates becomes quite dangerous and awkward. Holding/balancing weight plates on your forehead, side and back of your head is an interesting experience, but there comes a time when that just doesn't cut it anymore and that's where these neck machines come in.

Lucius86

Banned
Right lads, the night before I set off to SPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

I will be tweeting away over the course of the weekend @FastestSector - I will do my absolute best to provide updates for you guys over the weekend via this, and answer any questions you all have whilst I am there - just tweet me!

If I manage to get Internet access that doesn't cost a fortune, I will be posting updates over there and here too, but it all depends on data costs etc...

Enjoy it boys and girls!

Ikopi

So jealous. I was there last year, and I will be going back next year. But right now I'm so regretting I'm not going this weekend. Such a magical place.

What corner will you try to be sitting?

Lucius86

Banned
Not sure yet - I am going to be using P1 and P2 to scope out the best places and get some shots with my camera (got general admission tickets, not grandstand). The weather does look terrible though for Friday, so picture opportunities may be limited.

Right lads, the night before I set off to SPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

I will be tweeting away over the course of the weekend @FastestSector - I will do my absolute best to provide updates for you guys over the weekend via this, and answer any questions you all have whilst I am there - just tweet me!

If I manage to get Internet access that doesn't cost a fortune, I will be posting updates over there and here too, but it all depends on data costs etc...

Enjoy it boys and girls!

Good luck and have fun :)

Dedicate a picture to me after Kimi's win plz :D

Danner thinks Schumacher has agreed new deal - http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/v...ent+Formula+1+News)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Asked about the age factor, Schumacher told DPA news agency this week: “Age has nothing to do with it.

“Anyway, at the moment it (the title) is not a topic as – unfortunately – we are no longer fighting for the championship. We’ll see what the future brings,” he added.

Danner, who contested grands prix in the mid 80s and now travels to the races for German RTL television, said: “I’m quite sure the decision has been taken now.”

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I wouldn't be shocked if Schumacher ends up in Ferrari next year. His recent comments about Alonso were very weird and it felt like he was trying to "seduce" Alonso to accept him as #2.
Schumacher of 2006 was already falling behind Alonso. Schumacher of 2013 would find it very difficult against Alonso who is evidently in his prime now.

Edmond Dantès;41564325 said:
It's that time of the year again.

iHKpQi0tPl6FC.jpg

I love this photo. Great looking cars and an absolute lack of safety regulations.

I wouldn't be shocked if Schumacher ends up in Ferrari next year. His recent comments about Alonso were very weird and it felt like he was trying to "seduce" Alonso to accept him as #2.

I missed those comments. Do you have a link?

That's something I never thought about before..mmm... sounds nice and very possible.. Especially that Ferrari want to only bridge next year's gap until they get Vettel

Monty would love it if Schumacher would end his career with Ferrari and not Mercedes

McLaren will not debut double DRS at Belgian Grand Prix

"So we will see new bits but McLaren will not have a double DRS in Belgium."

McLaren admits Jenson Button could be asked to support Lewis Hamilton's title bid

"There may well come a point [where Button would have to support Hamilton], but with nine races to go and 25 points per race things can change quite quickly," said Whitmarsh in a Vodafone McLaren teleconference.

Hamilton's future will be decided in 'short order' - Whitmarsh

"I think it will be resolved in fairly short order," he told the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes phone-in, "but I think Lewis and the team have focused on a little bit of relaxation after the first half of the season while keeping our foot on the throttle to make sure we keep developing the car. Winning is what is really important.

Shaneus

McLaren for UK Redbull for US, any more cover arts?
I bet Australia somehow gets the UK one, disregarding the fact that RBR has an Australian driver.

No idea why I think that... maybe it's because Codemasters is at the helm.

Edit: And could they have picked any less appealing teams for the front covers? Pretty sure people would rather buy something with a Lotus or Mercedes somewhere on the cover than a Force India or Williams. But at least it looks like Vitaly got a look-in.

I bet Australia somehow gets the UK one, disregarding the fact that RBR has an Australian driver.

No idea why I think that... maybe it's because Codemasters is at the helm.

Edit: And could they have picked any less appealing teams for the front covers? Pretty sure people would rather buy something with a Lotus or Mercedes somewhere on the cover than a Force India or Williams. But at least it looks like Vitaly got a look-in.

They're stupid that's all.. check this one out

F8HF1.png

Less than 24 hours.

We'll probably see many frustrated engineers tomorrow, as the rain will once again slow the testing of new parts down.

Dilly

Banned
Whoops.

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102044?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Button currently has 76 points, 31 behind Hamilton and 78 behind championship leader Fernando Alonso, after struggling to get to grips with this year's Pirelli tyres in the opening half of the season.

"There may well come a point [where Button would have to support Hamilton], but with nine races to go and 25 points per race things can change quite quickly," said Whitmarsh in a Vodafone McLaren teleconference.

"We must be measured when we talk to the drivers about when they put their support behind another driver," he added.

Jenson Button has insisted that there is no need yet for McLaren to impose team orders requesting his support for Lewis Hamilton.

Jenson Button : "I think it's a pretty pointless conversation right now. If I was 40 points behind Lewis in the championship and he was leading do you think they would turn around and say you have to support your team-mate? It's not a big margin; it's less than two wins. Half of the grid is in front of their team-mates and the rest of the grid is not going to turn around and help their team-mate win the championship because you tend to still think you have a good chance. Until that chance has gone you are going to fight for it. I'm not here to just race around and help my team-mate win a championship because I'm here to fight and to do the best job I can for myself first of all and also for the team. I think it would be a pretty boring championship if there were only 12 of us fighting for the victory and the rest of us there to help our team-mates. It's not the sort of Formula we should want. I'm going to be fighting all the way until I either win the championship or it's not possible."

Nolan.

I wouldn't expect any less of Jenson to be honest and why should he have to support Lewis at this point.? For one even if there is a glimmer of hope i'm sure any driver would prefer to run their own race, and secondly it's not been too often that both Lewis and Jenson have been fighting it out for top position. I think things will work themselves out naturally anyway I don't think Lewis needs the help. Anyway I'm excited for SPA but will miss Quali and the sky go app won't work when i'm out and about for some reason.

Yeah, I think it is quite premature to say Jenson should be ordered to help Lewis.

I wouldn't worry about that Hamilton is outperforming him this year by a huge margin. Whom I'm worried about is Kimi. Gros clearly has the upper-hand in qualifying and that could harm Kimi's challenge

I wouldn't expect any less of Jenson to be honest and why should he have to support Lewis at this point.? For one even if there is a glimmer of hope i'm sure any driver would prefer to run their own race, and secondly it's not been too often that both Lewis and Jenson have been fighting it out for top position. I think things will work themselves out naturally anyway I don't think Lewis needs the help. Anyway I'm excited for SPA but will miss Quali and the sky go app won't work when i'm out and about for some reason.

Yeah, I think it is quite premature to say Jenson should be ordered to help Lewis.

More like Jenson cant support Lewis anyway since he's stuck behind the Caterhams at 16th place all the time amirite?

partially kidding

moojito

maybe they unfold into wings so it can take off after going up eau rouge, landing safely somewhere after the hairpin, cutting a good 30 seconds off the previous best lap time. I'm sure noone will have any problems with that.

Top Bottom