• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Chris R

I just need to setup a car rental now. Already have all my plane and race tickets (so much sporting in such a short time! 4 NASCAR races, 3 days of F1 and then a Cowboys game).

Dilly

Banned
419838_261524157297482_1939940254_n.jpg

Alonso is ready!

Omiee

After lurking the nba thread and some other threads, mainly the one where people said ignoring posters is lame, i realized i should not stop posting in a thread about the sport i love because some people dont like what i post.

I hope we can keep the momentum going and hope new posters will join this thread soon.

so it feels good to be back, really missed f1 these past weeks. Been busy with my holiday. Glad i found wifi. Hope ill be able to watch the race somewhere here in morocco.

MJ good to see you back. Missed your posts here. Especially since kimi has been doing very well.

Whats up guys?

36, wow.

It really looks like this season is his last chance to win the WDC. If Alonso can't do it this year, then I'm really rooting for Mark over anyone else.

I don't see a problem with his age. He've driven fantastically after his accident and with a metal piece in his right leg. And this year where he's supposed to be older, he has driver better than last year.

I can see Mark performing well for at least 2 more years after this one

Bahar sues Lotus for dismissal

In a statement that was issued in Malaysia, DRB-Hicom said: "Upon advice by our lawyers, DRB-Hicom and Lotus will vigorously oppose and/or defend the claim by Bahar, including filing counter-claims against Bahar.

"We shall make the requisite announcements when appropriate."

It added: "The claim is not expected to have any major impact on the financial or operations of the group. The exact quantum of costs arising from the claim cannot be determined at this point in time."

The new Formula E is official.

It's going to be an all electric Formula series. Open chassis, open wheel.

qt5ER.jpg

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has reached an agreement to licence the commercial rights of the FIA Formula E Championship to a consortium of international investors, Formula E Holdings Ltd (FEH).

Formula E is a new FIA championship featuring Formula cars powered exclusively by electric energy. It represents a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades.

FEH, the new promoter, has as anchor investor London-based entrepreneur Enrique Bañuelos, and as CEO and shareholder former MEP and racing team owner Alejandro Agag, who has a long experience in the motor sport business. Also associated with the project are Lord Drayson, Managing Partner of Drayson Racing Technologies, and Eric Barbaroux, Chairman of the French electric automotive company "Electric Formula".

Demonstration runs of the Formula E cars will start in 2013, followed by the championship in 2014 with an objective of 10 teams and 20 drivers participating in the competition. The races will be ideally staged in the heart of the world’s leading cities, around their main landmarks.
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/fiasport/2012/Pages/fia-formula-e.aspx

It's no secret that I'm a fan of all electric sport cars, so I welcome the series.

The specs aren't as impressive as the ones in F1 and having to switch cars mid race is still a limitation, but I hope we'll get there one day.

The prototype vehicle developed by Formulec, a French maker of electric racing cars, is a two-gear machine that runs off lithium-iron batteries and weighs 780kg.

It has a maximum speed of 220km per hour, and an acceleration of 0 to 100km/h in three seconds. It can run for 25 minutes before needing charging, meaning drivers will have the use of a second car to complete the one-hour race.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f8f4a4e2-f039-11e1-93fa-00144feabdc0.html#axzz24rxWh19p

So, Vettel will be top 8

=/

(he has to be on the list right?)

It would be hilarious if he wasn't on the list at all.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I like the sound of the Formula E championship but trying to have it as a championship outside of F1 scheduling and tracks is a mistake.
It should ideally be on the same weekend as F1 at the same tracks like GT2. It'll take an hour and would give the concept,teams and sponsors instant exposure.

Shaneus

It's a shame given how well this season is going, and it should've drawn more spectators not less..

Best livery in 2012
Shitty result. There's no way the RBR even belongs in the top 6... at least, not without STR one above it. The Caterham is the only one with justice being appropriately done, with the Lotus definitely deserving to be in the top 5, but not at #1. There are so many more interesting ones!

Clearly, people have just voted for their favourite car, not the best looking livery.

800px-Sebastian_Vettel_2012_Malaysia_FP2.jpg

over
800px-Jean-Eric_Vergne_2012_Malaysia_FP2.jpg

Idiots.

Top Bottom