• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Xun

A good race I thought, despite what happened to Button.

Wow the Italian crowd are so fucking shit. Lewis is being so grateful and they fucking boo him.

Disgraceful.
Indeed.

Having said that, they'd probably still boo Hamilton even if he was driving for Ferrari.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
First clear pic of Kubica's arm. He always used to hide it.

653054355.jpg

She is the eye candy on Sky's coverage. Pity they stick her in the track studio rather than walking around getting interviews.

Not that you'd see more of her, if she'd do the interviews.

I mean, Natalie Pinkham isn't bad either and you don't see her that much.

RVXw3.jpg

6JCLL.jpg

Ark

Great race, shame about Button, but at least Perez managed to steal a few points from Alonso.

Sky coverage is still awful, eugh.

Is kubica texting? Hopefully that means he has some level of fine motor control in his thumb and maybe his fingers. I suppose they wouldn't let him race in a rally insurance wise if he can't hold the wheel and gear stick. Hopefully someone will give him a test over the winter.

Lazenby can't count.

He can't speak when the producer is speaking to him either. "So now we.... are going to a ... commercial break and when... we... return... yep we'll have an interview with..."

How on Earth does he have the job when he can't speak when being spoken to.

Yep, should be 37 point lead!
F1 is so boring again, ugh.
He can't speak when the producer is speaking to him either. "So now we.... are going to a ... commercial break and when... we... return... yep we'll have an interview with..."

How on Earth does he have the job when he can't speak when being spoken to.

I'd love to look up his previous career, but unlike his colleges Pinkham and Thompson, he doesn't have a Wikipedia page. :lol

Foshy

It's amazing how Kimi is somehow 3rd in the standings now. Would be awesome to see him win WDC by 1 point like in 2007.

Natalie: "Do you think the penalty for Vettel was fair?"
Alonso: "Fair or not fair, he got a mechanical failure, so it doesn't matter *shrugs*"

That really made me laugh.

navanman

Hamilton is so emotionless and subdued like a robot. PR mode ON.

I wonder has he left the team already, guy said on twitter that Ron Dennis was more emotionless than usual when Lewis was on the podium.

Ark

It's amazing how Kimi is somehow 3rd in the standings now. Would be awesome to see him win WDC by 1 point like in 2007.

He's really sneaked up on the front-runners. It's unlikely he'll win it though unless Lotus bring some serious fire power in the next race or if Hamilton and Alonso crash into each other for the rest of the year.

Singapore is going to be a very interesting race. If McLaren (Hamilton especially) win it there, it's totally within reason for Hamilton to catch Alonso in the standings.

Hamilton is so emotionless and subdued like a robot. PR mode ON.

I wonder has he left the team already, guy said on twitter that Ron Dennis was more emotionless than usual when Lewis was on the podium.

It would be somewhat ironic if he was to win the title this year and leave the team also.

I honestly don't understand why Lewis wouldn't be staying at McLaren. There isn't a better team for him, especially not Mercedes.

I do agree he seems to be acting weird.

"It doesn't matter because I won" - Lewis on being booed, ahahaha.

Singapore is going to be a very interesting race. If McLaren (Hamilton especially) win it there, it's totally within reason for Hamilton to catch Alonso in the standings.

I just want them to remove the shitcane. It's not a go kart track, ffs.

John_B

Raikkonen has not retired so far this season. Hamilton has 3 DNF already.

Hamilton could still catch Alonso, but it will come down to consistency. Alonso is pretty excellent at saving bad races. Hamilton is either great or in the wall.

Dead Man

He's really sneaked up on the front-runners. It's unlikely he'll win it though unless Lotus bring some serious fire power in the next race or if Hamilton and Alonso crash into each other for the rest of the year.

Singapore is going to be a very interesting qualifying. If McLaren (Hamilton especially) win it there, it's totally within reason for Hamilton to catch Alonso in the standings.

Fixed.

navanman

McLaren seem to have got their tyre wear sorted. Even Lewis can do a Jenson like 1 stop easily. That has to be a worry for their rivals. At the end of the first stint on softs, Ferrari and RBR fell back on pace.

Nolan.

It would be somewhat ironic if he was to win the title this year and leave the team also.

Redbull should be a lot stronger there but as we've seen this season, tracks haven't really honoured their promised strength boosts to the appropriate cars so it should be interesting indeed. I don't get the idea behind 'the wrong Mclaren won' Lewis had more points than Jenson at the start of the race plus from Fernando's point of view he's the closest challenger. I really hope this season ends on a massive battle royale for the title like it's shaping up to be , Also senna is only 4 points behind Maldonado and again outscored him will be interesting to see what Williams do by the end of the season for driver line up.

NHale

Also senna is only 4 points behind Maldonado and again outscored him will be interesting to see what Williams do by the end of the season for driver line up.

He's still a lot behind Maldonado in the only stat that matters: Sponsorship money.

Bo-Locks

I was wondering why Vettel was told to shut the engine off immediately, that was what initially caused me to believe that the issue wasn't related to the alternator.

According to Ted, after Valencia Renault increased the capacity of the alternator by increasing the length of the rotor blades by 10mm. When the alternator fails, it can machine itself and cause a fire and destroy the engine.

Can the teams change suppliers for the different components during the season? Renault's alternator failures have cost Vettel at least 35 points so far this year.

navanman

The question to be asked is why didn't lotus have this issue pop up again. How do RBR package it compared to Lotus.

Ark

I just want them to remove the shitcane. It's not a go kart track, ffs.

Turn 10[?] is the only part of the Singapore track that I don't like. It's such a poorly thought out chicane/corner.

The question to be asked is why didn't lotus have this issue pop up again. How do RBR package it compared to Lotus.

Newey likes to make cars where either their points blow up, or the car blows up.

It's probably got nothing to do with Newey, but whatever :p

dalin80

Banned
Raikkonen has not retired so far this season. Hamilton has 3 DNF already.

Hamilton could still catch Alonso, but it will come down to consistency. Alonso is pretty excellent at saving bad races. Hamilton is either great or in the wall.

Hamilton has had 3 DNF's, he has been crashed into twice and had to retire due to puncture damage once, you can hardly criticise him for that.

Ark

Hamilton has had 3 DNF's, he has been crashed into twice and had to retire due to puncture damage once, you can hardly criticise him for that.

I don't think he's criticising Hamilton.

The sad thing is that Hamilton would be leading by a good 60+ points if McLaren hadn't screwed him so royally in the first half of the year. It's still possible though. It's all going to come down to podium consistency.

Let's not forget 2010 though, after Spa everyone was saying it was a clear two-horse race between Webber and Hamilton[?], look how that turned out.

Bo-Locks

Because all the other Renault stuff on the Lotus like the gearbox fails long before the alternator, and Grosjean crashes out before the alternator manages to break itself. lol

The shitty reliability of Renault makes it all the more incredible that Kimi has not had a DNF this year.

Well Spa and Monza have been tracks with emphasis on engines and as we know cars powered by Renault are not as fast in straights as cars powered by Ferrari or Mercedes. Maybe going back to more traditional tracks will bring Lotus closer to the top as it was before the break.

Nolan.

Well Spa and Monza have been tracks with emphasis on engines and as we know cars powered by Renault are not as fast in straights as cars powered by Ferrari or Mercedes. Maybe going back to more traditional tracks will bring Lotus closer to the top as it was before the break.

Also Lotus plan of bringing their 'Device' to Japan so the season can get even more interesting, Kimi Vs Lewis Vs Fernando (and if Redbull get their stuff sorted them too) unfortunately for Massa I think his time in the spotlight is gone now, I don't see him having any part in holding up others for Fernando from here on in

Ark

tumblr_ma37x7bqT01rypmt9o1_500.jpg

How can people not like this guy?

It's more than possible. But judging by McLaren's pace in Hungary (granted Lotus were arguably quicker) and their pace in Spa and Monza, we could be looking at a repeat of the latter half of 2009 and 2011 in terms of McLaren having the best package and scoring the most points. But we'll see, I get carried away speculating.

McLaren seem to have got their tyre wear sorted. Even Lewis can do a Jenson like 1 stop easily. That has to be a worry for their rivals. At the end of the first stint on softs, Ferrari and RBR fell back on pace.

Ferrari really needs to sort their tyre issues out. The degradation screwed them over multiple times this season.

tumblr_ma37x7bqT01rypmt9o1_500.jpg

How can people not like this guy?

They can't accept that people change and that he isn't the Alonso they hated.

Nolan.

Ferrari really needs to sort their tyre issues out. The degradation screwed them over multiple times this season.

They can't accept that people change and that he isn't the Alonso they hated.

I have warmed to Alonso over the years but I still think he has a bit of a fiery temper when things don't go his way. He's not really had to resort to it much lately thanks to Felipe, and a number of gifts this year but yeah. Watch out for it if he gets caught later by Kimi and Lewis (he is a good guy though).

Top Bottom