• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Chris R

Take the chicane out! The road is curved there naturally so the cars would be flat out or close to it. They could tighten up the next corner if they wanted to.

Pimpwerx

Singapore is home to the most Mickey Mouse chicane on the calendar. It's not clever, does nothing to help overtaking and ruins what would otherwise be a decent city course. In any case, F1 would be better off if they dropped all city circuits. Yes, that would include Monaco. Overtaking is bad enough as is. I do not enjoy the sights of cars buzzing around armco, at the expense of on-track action. PEACE.

Shaneus

Just think... if this weekend was anything like the officially licensed F1 2012 game by Codemasters™, we wouldn't have even seen the cars on the track yet.

Just think... if this weekend was anything like the officially licensed F1 2012 game by Codemasters™, we wouldn't have even seen the cars on the track yet.

Shshshush, it's okay.

inofmv2ro7jffqebpw.gif

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like the Hamilton contract situation is nearly a done deal.

Both Eddie Jordan and Martin Brundle have said this morning that a deal will be announced on Wednesday.

As wrong of a move for him as I think this will be it does make next year interesting.

Seat free at McLaren, Massa surely being kicked out for being utterly useless...

Button always did fancy a human coffee table for between the sessions...

I could see Massa getting a seat at somewhere like Sauber or Force India maybe if one of those boys move up, but honestly at this point I hope he gets kicked out of the sport entirely so someone new can have a chance.

Shaneus

Would an announcement indicate he's moving next season, or the season after?

Honestly, I think it's a real dick move by Hamilton. Way to treat the team that's been behind you your entire racing career.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I still reckon he will stay with McLaren after getting better deal but still a pay-cut.

The key for the driver musical chairs is Schumacher.

Both Eddie Jordan and Martin Brundle have said this morning that a deal will be announced on Wednesday.

Are you referring to what EJ said on Inside F1? As iirc, he was specifically referring to Schumacher at the time, so it might not even matter where XIX/Merc/McLaren are in negotiations if Schumacher is about to decide to continue with Merc next year.

I really hope not, all Vettel-winning races are boring races. Fact.
I skimmed through last years thread to find the chicane gifts and found an appropriate post. It was something g like "what a boring race for everyone who isn't Vettel". Buy I think that was before the Massa-Hamilton drama.

Goldrusher

But they could move it back an hour. The race will go on to about 10pm local time, why can't qualifying?
There's GP2, Porsche Cup and Ferrari Challenge to squeeze in there. Add some extra time to clean the track, safety checks, repairs, fans on the track, ceremonies, etc.

Saturday

16:00 - 17:05 GP2 First Race (34 Laps or 60 Minutes)
18:00 - 19:00 Formula One Third Practice Session
19:25 - 19:55 Porsche Carrera Cup Qualifying Session
21:00 - 22:00 Formula One Qualifying Session
22:30 - 23:00 Ferrari Challenge Qualifying Session

Sunday

15:00 - 15:35 Ferrari Challenge First Race (12 Laps or 30 Minutes)
16:10 - 17:00 GP2 Second Race (24 Laps or 45 Minutes)
17:25 - 18:00 Porsche Carrera Cup Race (12 Laps or 30 Mins)
20:00 - 22:00 Formula One Race

Local times, deduct 6 for mainland Europe time, 7 for UK.

Top Bottom