• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

I think this result pretty much seals the championship for Alonso. As long as he continues to pick up points, I think it's going to be too much for McLaren or RBR to overcome - especially as they're likely to continue taking points off each other.

You're an evil person.

untitled-20iolf5.gif

NHale

I seriously doubt they're going to keep having DNF's.

They need a wet race somewhere. Ferrari has been the fastest car on a wet track. With dry races they need to be lucky and that somehow Button and Webber steal points from Vettel and Hamilton.

Honestly don't fucking know why there's such a disparity between finishing positions on the RBRs every. fucking. week. Is it that Webber doesn't look after his tyres as well as Vettel, or is he genuinely, consistently being dicked around by strategy? The extra pit for Webber certainly didn't fucking help.

Vettel is just the better driver.

Dilly

Banned
I think this result pretty much seals the championship for Alonso. As long as he continues to pick up points, I think it's going to be too much for McLaren or RBR to overcome - especially as they're likely to continue taking points off each other.

What? The Red Bull isn't much slower than the McLaren and both are a lot faster than the Ferrari.

I can see him losing it in Interlagos.

jey_16

Banned

One DNF can change everything, especially with race wins being worth so much now. After what happened in 2010, anything can happen.

NHale

What? The Red Bull isn't much slower than the McLaren and both are a lot faster than the Ferrari.

I'm sorry but he doesn't deserved to win a championship when his car was competitive in 3 of 14 races.

BobTheBub

Ah/

Yeah, but why schedule 61 laps when you can be pretty sure you won't get there? At least knock a couple off.

There is a standard race distance of 305km, so they plan the race for as many laps as can be completed within that distance, apparently it's significantly reduced for Monaco though and there is probably a good argument for doing the same here.

John_B

4 retirements for Hamilton this season. You can't win championships like that.

It could have been a fairly comfortable WDC for him, but it's not going to happen.

Shit race. Good LORD that safety car was out for at least 3 laps too long on that first stint. Schumacher is just showing his age now with that second incident.

It makes the championship fight even more interesting though. At this point I don't care who wins, I want Alonso/Vettel/Kimi/Hamilton all possible winners at Brazil. Let's keep this madness going.

I'm not convinced RBR are going to be this competitive at all the remaining races, but given that they can be so close, they're likely to end up sabotaging each other's chances.

Xun

4 retirements for Hamilton this season. You can't win championships like that.

It could have been a fairly comfortable WDC for him, but it's not going to happen.
It's a shame since he's been driving so consistently this year.

Omiee

I'm not convinced RBR are going to be this competitive at all the remaining races, but given that they can be so close, they're likely to end up sabotaging each other's chances.

Are you kidding me the japan and korea track is made for mclaren and rbr. They will be both competitive in those races.

Grim1ock

Banned
Lewis out and webber tenth. What a shit weekend.

Has anyone here realised the fact that once webber signed that red bull contract it has been downhill ever since?

Top Bottom