• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

pants

I closed the thread just before schumacher decided to pole Verge, I trust there was no shenanigans around here?

Ark

4 retirements for Hamilton this season. You can't win championships like that.

It could have been a fairly comfortable WDC for him, but it's not going to happen.

He should have been leading the WDC all year if not for McLaren's stupidity.

It's Alonso's to lose now, unless Hamilton wins in Suzuka with a poor scoring Vettel and Alonso, I can't see him winning this. It feels like 2010 all over again.

He should have been leading the WDC all year if not for McLaren's stupidity.

It's Alonso's to lose now, unless Hamilton wins in Suzuka with a poor scoring Vettel and Alonso, I can't see him winning this. It feels like 2010 all over again.

It really feels like 2010 again and to be honest, I kinda hate it.

Okay, not really, but I don't think I can take the same outcome again.

I would rather Alonso wins this year than Vettel that's for sure. Hamilton is obviously my first choice, but it looks like McLaren have fucked him over again this season.

Grim1ock

Banned
Forget Webber vs vettel. Alonso and vettel cant stand each other.

I hope Alonso wins the WDC. Lewis cant win with a retarded team like mclaren out to sabotage him

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Has Hamilton spoken to any press since he retired. I guess he is gutted or PR have gagged him.

Today could have pushed him to Mercedes as it looked like he was to stay with McLaren.

Has Hamilton spoken to any press since he retired. I guess he is gutted or PR have gagged him.

Today could have pushed him to Mercedes as it looked like he was to stay with McLaren.

Sky interviewed him. He was gutted, but optimistic, because they clearly had the fastest car.

Shaneus

I think Alonso just called Vettel retarded.
Yeah, what's the story behind this?

Also, Vettel only won because he distracted everyone with his flashing helmet. Cheater.

Forget Webber vs vettel. Alonso and vettel cant stand each other.

I hope Alonso wins the WDC. Lewis cant win with a retarded team like mclaren out to sabotage him
Why is that (A vs V)? Has there been bad blood between them in the past? Because I can't think of anything...

Why? A completely random car failure? Yeah right...

It sounds like the negotiations are all about money.

NHale

Also, Vettel only won because he distracted everyone with his flashing helmet. Cheater.

I'm guessing it was his accent when he said "Vettel retired" and sounded like retarded. The same way when he speaks about chicanes it sounds like chickens.

Dead Man

There is a standard race distance of 305km, so they plan the race for as many laps as can be completed within that distance, apparently it's significantly reduced for Monaco though and there is probably a good argument for doing the same here.

Yeah, forgot about that.

Alonso doesn't deserve to win because he has not had the fastest car? Rubbish, that is why he deserves to win.

He said retired, not retarded.

Eddie asked him about the race and championship and Alonso said that last race, Seb retired and this race Lewis retired and he wouldn't complain if they kept doing this.

Ark

Why? A completely random car failure? Yeah right...

It sounds like the negotiations are all about money.

In the great scheme of things it's just one of many, many faults this year he's had to suffer. Eventually (if not already) he'll reach a breaking point and jump ship.

Dead Man

Any driver should prefer a fast unreliable car. A slow car that finishes is still slow, Ham would be mad to move to Merc at the moment.

Ark

Any driver should prefer a fast unreliable car. A slow car that finishes is still slow, Ham would be mad to move to Merc at the moment.

Nearly six years and only one title in what is supposed to be the best team on the grid, speaks volumes.

In the great scheme of things it's just one of many, many faults this year he's had to suffer. Eventually (if not already) he'll reach a breaking point and jump ship.

I wouldn't say Mercedes are a much more reliable team. I'd certainly say that McLaren, overall, offer the best opportunity for Lewis.

I still see no reason for him to jump ship. If it's because of money then I think he's swapping a full bank account for an empty trophy cabinet.

Dead Man

Nearly six years and only one title in what is supposed to be the best team on the grid, speaks volumes.

What team would have been better for him over those 6 years?

Fnqe.png

No one has been dominating, and expecting any team to go on a multi year run these days is absurd.

Ark

What team would have been better for him over those 6 years?

Fnqe.png

No one has been dominating, and expecting any team to go on a multi year run these days is absurd.

It's not a question of 'what team would have been better', but a question of 'why haven't we been dominating when it's clear we have the capacity to build the quickest car?'

At the end of the day, it may just come down to Hamilton jumping ship for a difference in scenery.

Dead Man

It's not a question of 'what team would have been better', but a question of 'why haven't we been dominating when it's clear we have the capacity to build the quickest car?'

At the end of the day, it may just come down to Hamilton jumping ship for a difference in scenery.

If he wants to win, he is in the best team that has an open seat for next year that does not already have Alonso. And the reason they have not been dominating is simple. Everyone builds very good cars.

If he is worried about a lack of domination, he needs to get involved in the team aspect of the car, and make sure he is not making mistakes too. He has had some doozies over the years. He needs to find a way to get more involved in the design side too if he in unhappy so maybe he can help there. He has no better team available than McLaren. Maybe he just wants to change team, fair enough, a lot of drivers do, and they used to do it a lot more. But right now he has no reason to expect to be more successful at another team.

Leunam

Sad to say, but I kind of lost interest after Hamilton retired. :(

Regardless, congratulations to Vettel, Button, and Alonso. I knew Button would do well since he managed the tires better than Hamilton and got another lap or two out of them with decent times before pitting.

Ark

If he wants to win, he is in the best team that has an open seat for next year that does not already have Alonso. And the reason they have not been dominating is simple. Everyone builds very good cars.

If he is worried about a lack of domination, he needs to get involved in the team aspect of the car, and make sure he is not making mistakes too. He has had some doozies over the years. He needs to find a way to get more involved in the design side too if he in unhappy so maybe he can help there. He has no better team available than McLaren. Maybe he just wants to change team, fair enough, a lot of drivers do, and they used to do it a lot more. `

I could list off the mistakes McLaren have made that have hampered Lewis so far this year, but I honestly can't be bothered. Hamilton has probably made the least amount of mistakes this year (the only one that quickly comes to mind is Valencia, and that's heavily questionable) in his entire career, and you'd have to be a fool to say that he's not driving the best he ever has.

McLaren lately has become a race winning team, only one drivers title and no constructor trophies in over a decade. Since the new regulations came in McLaren have only started the year with a solid car once, this year.

Dead Man

I could list off the mistakes McLaren have made that have hampered Lewis so far this year, but I honestly can't be bothered. Hamilton has probably made the least amount of mistakes this year (the only one that quickly comes to mind is Valencia, and that's heavily questionable) in his entire career, and you'd have to be a fool to say that he's not driving the best he ever has.

McLaren lately has become a race winning team, only one drivers title and no constructor trophies in over a decade. Since the new regulations came in McLaren have only started the year with a solid car once, this year.

Yes, they are not perfect, but neither is Ham. Where can he go that will provide an appreciable increase in his end of year standing?

FnEL.png

Really, what team would have given him better finishes than that?

Top Bottom