• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

amar212

McLaren ...

Hey Navanman, a small gift for you :)

xUaWp.png

That's insane and for me bigger news than Hamilton moving to Mercedes. Good move from Perez, as Ferrari clearly showed that they had no interest in him. At least not for a one year contract. I really can't blame him for that, but his chances to ever drive a Ferrari are pretty much gone, IMO.

wow, Perez moved to Mclaren.

Great news, hope he does well.

That's insane and for me bigger news than Hamilton moving to Mercedes. Good move from Perez, as Ferrari clearly showed that they had no interest in him. At least not for a one year contract. I really can't blame him for that, but his chances to ever drive a Ferrari are pretty much gone, IMO.

Yeah, Ferrari want to sign Vettel in 2014 so it would have only been a 1 year deal if anyone was to replace Massa.

Adamm

I hope Schumacher goes back to Ferrari for a year, then retire and go back to the job he had before joining Mercedes.

Schumacher belongs at Ferrari

jey_16

Banned
wow, Perez moved to Mclaren.

Great news, hope he does well.

Yeah, Ferrari want to sign Vettel in 2014 so it would have only been a 1 year deal if anyone was to replace Massa.

It's the only logical explanation otherwise Ferrari are just crazy, Vettel for 2014 so it was easer to extend Massa's contract since Perez would not have signed for one year

Obviously this could all blow up if Vettel has some clause that allows him to get out of the 2014 deal, it sucks though because I really liked Perez and he was apart of the Ferrari junior program as well......

It's the only logical explanation otherwise Ferrari are just crazy, Vettel for 2014 so it was easer to extend Massa's contract since Perez would not have signed for one year

Obviously this could all blow up if Vettel has some clause that allows him to get out of the 2014 deal, it sucks though because I really liked Perez and he was apart of the Ferrari junior program as well......

I always saw Perez as a Ferrari driver, so I'm a bit bitter about that move.

iUdNs.jpg

But again, I can't blame him.

I still don't understand why Ferrari couldn't wait with Vettel for Alonso's departure. I really don't see how teaming both of them up would be a good idea and I'm surprised that Alonso's playing along.

Dead Man

iUdNs.jpg

I still don't understand why Ferrari couldn't wait with Vettel for Alonso's departure. I really don't see how teaming both of them up would be a good idea and I'm surprised that Alonso's playing along.

Why on earth would you be bitter at a driver for accepting an offer from one of the top 3?

jey_16

Banned

iUdNs.jpg

No I agree.....I don't see how the Alonso -Vettel combination will work at all, both of them are very headstrong and demand no.1 status, I feel like it could end in tears. If anything I would have preferred them to sign Perez now and pair him Alonso who could help him mature and then Vettel replaces Alonso when he retires

Can't believe we are going to be stuck with Massa again next year!!! Horrible

NHale

If Schumi goes to Sauber this will probably be Kobi's last season :/

This is definitely the last year of Kobayashi in a Sauber. The team needs money especially without Telmex now and Kobayashi doesn't bring any relevant sponsorship and his performance doesn't warrant a spot without bringing money. It baffles me how Japan doesn't support the guy considering he is a very likable guy and the best Japanese driver in a while.

Unfortunately without sponsors he will most likely be out of F1 forever.

The other way around. The F1 team was only allowed by the board to execute the loi, when they got the "cofinancing". They got the ca changes they wanted, got a better engine deal with MCL, and switching from FI to Sauber should become a boon as well.
Smiles all around :)

So the agreement was really dependent on the historical benefits or not. Thanks for the info.

olore

Can't quite believe this, feels like an April 1st joke or something. Always been an McLaren and a Hamilton fan. Can't believe he left McL, but maybe he needed a change in scenery and business wise it seems to play out nicely across the board.

Still, doesn't look like there will be an McLaren F1LM parked in Lewis garage anytime soon...

Hammer24

Banned
So the agreement was really dependent on the historical benefits or not. Thanks for the info.

Not directly. There was a difference between the offers MSC and HAM got. Stuttgart said they´d be fine with both offers, as long as the team could ensure that this difference got paid for somehow. In the end they achieved this by different means, the reworked CA (thx Niki!) and new engine deals.

Ark

Say Ark, weren´t you the one who doubtet the most when the HAM news broke back in June?
I´d love to see you sport a Norbert Haug avatar for a while... ;P

About Hamilton moving to Mercedes? Didn't that news break barely a month ago, just days before Monza?

I've said Hamilton moving to Mercedes is a totally reasonable move since EJ posted his article on the BBC Sport website. People are only looking at Mercedes as they are now, and not the arsenal they have up their sleeve. Not to mention the tension that has been growing in McLaren exponentially since 2010.

I really should change my avatar though. But I've grown attached to this pony, despite having nothing to do with MLP :p

Shaneus

The sad thing is that Hamilton would have stayed at McLaren if they promised him true number one status like Merc have just done. It was never really about the money, it was about McLaren putting Button and Hamilton as equals, when it is clear they are not. Perez is going to beat the shit out of Button next season and I can't wait to see how awesome he will be there. McLaren have lost their best driver for some sense of fair play, now lets see if they keep that charade going and lets see if Whitmarsh is true to his word and doesn't favour his golden boy over Perez. I don't see it, Whitmarsh has ruined McLaren's chances of winning a WDC by pushing Hamilton out of the team and favouring Button, what would be sweet is Lewis bringing it back and winning the WDC and then leaving for Merc.
Wow. Sore much?

No I agree.....I don't see how the Alonso -Vettel combination will work at all, both of them are very headstrong and demand no.1 status, I feel like it could end in tears. If anything I would have preferred them to sign Perez now and pair him Alonso who could help him mature and then Vettel replaces Alonso when he retires

Can't believe we are going to be stuck with Massa again next year!!! Horrible
Oh, I think an Alonso/Vettel combo would be AMAZING. Alonso schooling Vettel all over the shop would be brilliant to watch.

Oh, I think an Alonso/Vettel combo would be AMAZING. Alonso schooling Vettel all over the shop would be brilliant to watch.

It would settle the debate on who of them is the better driver. Would be amazing to watch.

Now all we need is Luca his dream to come true, so Ferrari can have a 3rd car and we can put Lewis in that.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I wonder if any back-room staff will follow Hamilton to Mercedes?
His favourite race engineer is working with Button now but maybe some of these guys will fancy a change.

Shaneus

fwVFz.png

Bahaha. Doesn't waste any time.

Where can I see a timeline of exactly when Button stopped following Hamilton? That shit is awesome.

Hackbert

seems childish. would have guessed both mclaren drivers like or at least respect another enough for so silly and little shennanigans.. cannot find the right english choice... in german i would say : Kinkerlitzchen...

cannot decide if i want to see MSC drive for Sauber or retire for good.

D_prOdigy

This is definitely the last year of Kobayashi in a Sauber. The team needs money especially without Telmex now and Kobayashi doesn't bring any relevant sponsorship and his performance doesn't warrant a spot without bringing money.

They've had Kobayashi for three years without him bringing any sponsorship money, so I don't see why they'd suddenly demand it now when they can just replace Perez with another lucrative driver like Guitierrez or Schumacher or even Alguersuari.

And I flat out disagree with the second bit. The way a few are going about it makes it seem like he's been a liability like Maldonado in his first year. He's really not.

2014 with Vettel and Alonso in Ferraris, Lewis in a competitive Merc, Kimi in the Red Bull and Perez and Button in the McLaren sounds pretty damn amazing.

Ark

You should totally put him on a pink background, lol!

BTW:

http://www.pipeline.de/pipeline/showpics.php?id=10503330_l&rid=1[IMG][/QUOTE]

If someone wants to do that, I'd be more than happy, but I don't have Photoshop installed and Paint is a pain :p

Also aren't Haug, Rosberg and Hamilton good friends? I've always been under that impression.

[quote="Hammer24, post: 42630670"]This wont be decided very soon. Several pieces have to line up for this. But I´d say its likelier than not.[/QUOTE]

Well, Jaime has to go somewhere.

EDIT: Not sure if this has been posted already:

[quote][B]Nico Rosberg will have equal status with Lewis Hamilton in 2013[/B]

Nico Rosberg has been assured of equal status alongside Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes next year, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Mercedes has pulled off a coup in luring Hamilton away from McLaren, as it bids to ramp up its efforts to win the world championship in the next few years.

Although Hamilton is a star signing for Mercedes, and carries hopes of gunning for the title, sources have revealed that he will not be given number one status at the team.

Instead, it has been made clear to both the Briton and Rosberg that they will be treated equally - and both will have the same chance of gunning for glory.

Rosberg proved himself more than capable of taking on top-line opposition when he showed well alongside Michael Schumacher over the past two-and-a-half years.

The German took Mercedes' first pole position as a modern works team in China and duly delivered its first victory in China.

Writing on Twitter on Friday, Rosberg said he was excited about the prospect of racing alongside Hamilton.

"Very cool that Lewis will be my new team-mate!," he said. "Gonna be another great challenge!"[/quote]

[url]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102913[/url]

I'm really sorry for Ron Dennis, one miserable title in 6 years, sypgate, he lost Alonso, he lost his baby Hamilton.... way to mismanage two of the best talents in the last 10 years.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are several possible scenarios for The Old One:
- final retirement & complete exit from racing
- final retirement & staying at Mercedes as consultant or with other role or leaving Mercedes for Ferrari and work there
- one more year of racing at some other team
- one or more year of racing in some other racing sport (endurance, DTM...)

Xun

I'm really not sure what to think yet, although it'll be cool to see Perez at a top team.

I'm really sorry for Ron Dennis, one miserable title in 6 years, sypgate, he lost Alonso, he lost his baby Hamilton.... way to mismanage two of the best talents in the last 10 years.
Losing Hamilton is more down to Whitmarsh than Dennis.

Also Button has never followed Hamilton.

Top Bottom